AMV Concept Map

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Re: AMV Concept Map

Post by inthesto » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:07 pm

I took Phantasmagoriat's workflow and expanded on it.

Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:23 pm

inthesto wrote:I took Phantasmagoriat's workflow and expanded on it.

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/amvflowchart.jpg/
You get a point for Comic Sans MS

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:56 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:I see one problem in this versio - you include two big simmilar things together and don't mention it

One being "theory/making" - the left part, mainly
The other one being "the actual vid"

The have lot of common, and I would put those common things somewhere in the middle, linking to both sides. An example would be technical things - they are both in AMV Traits and AMV Techniques, while they are almost simmilar (not always the same for one vid, though, of course)
I'm not really sure what you mean.
There is the "Editing" part, then there is the "AMV" part.
or the "Creating" and "Creation" parts.
Start/Finish

While I did notice the Starting point may have many common aspects with the Finishing point (especially regarding technical things), I didn't think merging the commonalities in the middle would be the best idea since editors have free reign over how they manipulate their A/V, so the "theory/making" could be totally different than "the actual vid."

If you simply want more connectivity showing how an editor gets from Start to Finish, I don't think that can be mapped realistically. This is the reason I have simply drawn a straight line from Editing--->AMV, and backed the whole process with "Theory" and "Technical Understanding"; because I believe these are the two things that determine our choices which get us from the Editing stage to the final AMV.

Nya-chan Production wrote:Oh, hell, everything that can be executed can be spoken about, which you can take as "theory". I'd leave these two main things out completely and just focus on separate groups of info about AMVs and things about (and their linking) solely, leaving the theory out altogether.
I highly disagree with this. The looong linkage from "Audience Response" to "Theory" is my supporting argument ;)

Vivaldi wrote:That was so cool, I downloaded it twice.
well, I could have put a "save as" link but I figure most people just want to click-view anyway; Then save it afterwards.

Bauzi wrote:Screw you for haveing so much free time :|
I just got back from work. What's this I hear about free time? :|

Kariudo wrote:I demand a fight to the death
...with very large, overly complicated graphs? :roll:

inthesto wrote:I took Phantasmagoriat's workflow and expanded on it.

Now if those nodes were Hadoukening out of the main topic I would be impressed.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:04 am

phantasmagoriat = trythil?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:13 pm

downwithpants wrote:phantasmagoriat = trythil?
Have they ever been seen together in the same room? :shock:

Also - if we clean up and finish this we can just replace the entire General AMV sub-forum with it. It's not like any new ground is ever tread.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 pm

downwithpants wrote:phantasmagoriat = trythil?
no. IIRC trythil analyzes real data, whereas this was pulled straight out of my ass...
although if anyone wants it, I believe the .vue file can export statistical data.

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Also - if we clean up and finish this we can just replace the entire General AMV sub-forum with it. It's not like any new ground is ever tread.
:lol: I think we do occasionally. We just don't keep track of it.
This makes Concept Mapping useful because progress can only be made by building upon previous knowledge-- at least that's what I think.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Kariudo wrote:The only one who can make very large, overly complicated graphs about some obscure relation in the amv community is Trythil.
I was about to say that there was something very similar to this that he'd done a couple few years ago, except the data was the set of actual editors on the forum or so. I somehow ended up near Koop and Brad, although I have no idea why.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:49 pm

You guys are Frikis :awesome:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Qyot27 wrote:
Kariudo wrote:The only one who can make very large, overly complicated graphs about some obscure relation in the amv community is Trythil.
I was about to say that there was something very similar to this that he'd done a couple few years ago, except the data was the set of actual editors on the forum or so. I somehow ended up near Koop and Brad, although I have no idea why.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... hp?t=83735

I've since lost the dataset and images, though I bet the Internet has the latter floating around somewhere.

As far as "real data" goes: yeah, I might go from datasets, but don't let that make you think that the visualizations I produce mean anything. Most of the time, they're intended as an elaborate set-up to insult someone.

Return to “General AMV”