AnimeNEXT 2009 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
TheTreeAMV
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2009 AMV Contest

Post by TheTreeAMV » Sat May 30, 2009 5:50 pm

ReligionX wrote:I will be sending out individual e-mails on Thursday. I will inform editors which AMVs are being shown at which screening, and which Genre the AMV has been assigned. If you have questions as to your AMV rating, please wait until you have received an e-mail from me on Thursday.
My name was included in the AMV contest list, but I never received an email. Should I be concerned? Or was it just an oversight?

"Sarcasm is a tool of the weak. Like diplomacy... and indecision." - Cory Alstad

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Sun May 31, 2009 10:54 pm

I was looking like this :shock: when I got the e-mail. Even now I'm still looking like :shock: And congrats to all the finalist.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:24 am

It has been pointed out to me that I have made a few mistakes. A couple AMVs the title information displayed at the end of the AMV, and for some reason it did not register with me at the time. There are also a few AMVs that were submitted to me past the deadline in places that I didn't know that I had (e-mails with attachments).

There will be one or two AMVs in the contest with some wording that shouldn't be there. There will be a few additional AMVs playing in the general screening from editors that aren't listed here. At this point, we are too far along to make any alterations to the lineup (ballots are being printed).

Someone tried to UPS me an AMV. They required a signature for delivery. I work about 9 - 10 hours a day. Needless to say, I did not receive that AMV.

Overall the AMV Contest has gone 99% according to plan. I apologize to those editors that have run into complications. The presentations have to be presented as is. Thank you for your understanding.

-Tom Callahan
AnimeNEXT 2009 AMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head
Zenkaikon V Website AnimeNEXT 2011

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:32 am

TheTreeAMV wrote:My name was included in the AMV contest list, but I never received an email. Should I be concerned? Or was it just an oversight?
I submitted the e-mail to everyone based on the the e-mail address provided in the Information .txt Document (you sent a word document tsk tsk ^-^ ).

I also copied and pasted most of the content of the e-mails and sent them in rapid succession. The e-mail may have been sent to your spam box, as you were lower alphabetically on the list of e-mails I sent out.

If anyone else has not received their e-mail indicating which genre their AMV will be, please let me know.

-Tom Callahan
AnimeNEXT 2009 AMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 am

Scintilla wrote:The Otakon 2004 contest ended with a Humorous/Satirical category that clearly did not have its play order thought through very carefully. The last comedy video was too long by half, as it ran out of funny about halfway through and never recovered; the end result was that you had a fair number of people walking out before the end.
That is weird. I have been to Otakon 2001 - 2008, and I don't recall seeing all of those AMVs played at Otakon. I know I saw some of them at Otakon. Oh. That was the year L'arc-en-Ciel was there. That explains it. I think I tried to see the contest once, but had to leave after only seeing a few. Is AMV Hell really only 5 years old? I know I didn't see that premiered at Otakon.

There shouldn't be a problem with the AMV lineup for AnimeNEXT 2009.

zeiram_00
Org Profile

Post by zeiram_00 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:30 pm

i was looking over this thread and came across the part where religionx was listing all the vids he had to disqualify and the 2 from one editor for the content being too violent and too suggestive. HaHa, those were my vids he was talking about. unfortunately i don't have any others to submit at this time but if anyone is interested in seeing them here are the links.

"too suggestive"
(C-Base Edition)

"too violent"

hope people enjoy and good luck to all in this years contest.
People are Stupid, Individuals are Intelligent

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 pm

zeiram_00 wrote:i was looking over this thread and came across the part where religionx was listing all the vids he had to disqualify and the 2 from one editor for the content being too violent and too suggestive. HaHa, those were my vids he was talking about. unfortunately i don't have any others to submit at this time but if anyone is interested in seeing them here are the links.

"too suggestive"
(C-Base Edition)

"too violent"
i'll check out the W/T one when i get off work. i love that song ^_^

yeah my vid was disq as well for having the title in it. oh well, it's still gonna be played in general :up:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Unofficial results

Post by Scintilla » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Since nobody else has done it yet, I might as well post the winners.

Action: Studio Hybrid's "You Know My Name" (Code Geass)
Sentimental: MeliChan923's "You Are Loved" (various Key properties)
Upbeat: Brad DeMoss's "Perfect Day" (Kodocha)
Drama: Dreamscope's "Nankurunaisa" (Blood+)
Romance: xCattyx24's "iKyon" (TMoSH)
Comedy: drewaconclusion's "WTF??? Why Are There Tomatoes In My AMV?" (various, plus tomatoes)

I don't remember any of the runners-up, except myself and Cyanna in our respective categories.

Many categories this year presented some difficult choices. It turned out that, out of six categories, only one of the videos I voted for won. So, I'm hoping that ReligionX will provide vote percentages for the winners and runners-up (and ONLY them -- I don't want a repeat of the Otakon 2008 results post) when he makes the official announcement.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:34 pm

nic and brad are a deadly duo this year :amv: :up: good job guys

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:11 am