CSUN AMV Contest Question (Need Feedback)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ikasu
Org Profile

CSUN AMV Contest Question (Need Feedback)

Post by Ikasu » Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:20 am

I am going to be recording the contest Via MiniDV Camera...But I have one question to ask you all...I was originally planning to record the contest through out...Which means including all the videos...I'm just wondering if those of you want this or should I do it like the A-Kon documentary style where I show a few seconds of the begenning and get the crowds reaction at the end...

It's all your choice...I was going to record everything but the file size would be pretty big.....But I don't mind about the file size at all so I'm willing to record everything...I just want to know if you all agree of recording it all...Or just take segments of each video...I await your replies...Please be speedy though...The contest is only 2 days away...

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:23 am

Recording it all would be the safest bet. That way you can make both versions available, perhaps the full one for the creators/by request, perhaps edited so that each video is a seperate download (if it's too much to host it all) and an edited start/end crowd reaction one for the general public :?:

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:28 am

Might I suggest that you record everything, and then do some quick 'n dirty chopping to make a "highlights" video for those who don't want to download the whole thing?

I know this puts more work on you, but it should please both those who want a quick summary, and thos who would like that whole thing.

First & last 10 seconds of a vid plus some crowd reaction oughta be plenty for the short one, or maybe even just the summary recap, if you're having one for each category, as I recall.

Personally, I'd like the full monty, as I'd like to see where the cheers & boos come in on any given vid.

It's all you, man. I'll be grateful for anything you provide us. :)
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:04 am

I think I'm going to make two versions...one with chopped for public...and the second which will be linked to those who competed in the contest...But I may just make the one long one and make that open to the public if it isn't too large....heh...But if it ends up being way too large I will only make it available for those who competed via E-mail for link...I think that should be sufficient...

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:12 am

sounds good, as long as "competed" means "submitted an entry".
Mine wasn't chosen, but seeing and hearing the crown reaction would be very valuable to me, to help make my future vids better. :?

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:26 am

I did last year's and this years DDR project documentaries. Originally I did it just for the editors and featured highlights from all the video segments, but found it to be a bit too long for general audiances. This year I'll be making a 20 minute version and them an extended one for the creators... So it's best to tape as much as possible, take the best parts from or highlights from each video for the editors, and then if you want one for general distribution, make a short verson with only the most memorable parts...

Vlad

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:27 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:I did last year's and this years DDR project documentaries. Originally I did it just for the editors and featured highlights from all the video segments, but found it to be a bit too long for general audiances. This year I'll be making a 20 minute version and them an extended one for the creators... So it's best to tape as much as possible, take the best parts from or highlights from each video for the editors, and then if you want one for general distribution, make a short verson with only the most memorable parts...

Vlad

Which reminds me, did you get my tape yet Vlad? for the DDR Doc?

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:29 am

Machine wrote: Which reminds me, did you get my tape yet Vlad? for the DDR Doc?
Nope, not yet, but then again I don't have a mapster tape of the DDR yet which I need to include clips from, so I'm waiting ofr that as well.. I hope to do it over christmas and have it done for January/February....

Vlad

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:29 am

I'll probably make 2 versions...but hopefully Xvid with MP3 Audio compression will prove useful...=D....

Also I've purchased 5 mini DV tapes for 5 hours of SP recording and 7 1/2 hours of LP recording...I will be recording in SP of course though...so some parts may cut out do to changing tapes...=(

Vlad: I also wished you could of sent something in...Too late though...Heh...Goodluck on the DDR projects...Wish the best of luck...

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:33 am

Ikasu wrote: Vlad: I also wished you could of sent something in...Too late though...Heh...Goodluck on the DDR projects...Wish the best of luck...
Yea, I know... But I didn't have anything new at the time... It's going to be murder just to get my new video ideas done for naythign next year :?

Have fun recording and then editing! Make sure to make the general audicance version short and exciting :wink:

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”