Katsucon 15 AMV Contest WINNERS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
NightMistress85
Org Profile

Re: Katsucon 15 AMV Contest WINNERS

Post by NightMistress85 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 am

Miracle_Falcon wrote:
deuceloosely wrote:
On another note, I was satisfied with the audience reactions to "Me Wuvs You." It got pops in all the expected places (especially the end). Is there a way to know where we all came in; at least what the vote tallies were?

I never got to be around for "Go Ask Haruhi," though. Can anyone tell me how it was received? It's officially retired now, being a full year in circulation come April (my next attended con). I'm just chagrinned that it had to go out so quietly.

After the awards show, the fact no runners-up were announced made me wonder if the separation between first and second places were that far apart or if it just didn't matter. I'm convinced, though, that the judges seem to know which video is going to take the comedy prize since they, 9/10 times, put the ringer at the end of the playlist to finish the screening off on a high note. If my entry is placed anywhere in the middle, it feels like a bad omen. Maybe it's just me?

And am I the only editor to come out of a contest thinking about the winners in terms of "why couldn't I have thought of that?" Especially with comedy, the winners always have the most simple ideas (clever product placement, vast knowledge of internet memes, etc). The silent movie concept was the furthest from my mind in terms of theme, but I knew it would win the category before I ever saw it.

I'm disappointed with not even placing with either entry but the winners were epic.

Just wait until next year. I have been working on a new drama video idea. I have the song and concept plotted out. As soon as my computer is up to editing videos again, I'll soon have the scenes needed to pull it together. If I've done it right, this should incite a few sniffles from the viewers. :twisted:

Anyway, congrats to all y'all...
What he said.

Actually, lemme put a bit more of my own words into this. Seeing the contest was great, it was a lot better than I'd anticipated - I don't know what I'd anticipated exactly, but this was better than I thought it'd be. I was thrilled to see that the AMV contest was packed at each screening, and I enjoyed the cheesiness that was the Pirates, Ninjas and Duels video immensely. Though I was bummed that I didn't win anything or get runner-up. I don't know how to say this in a way that doesn't sound like I'm masking my disappointment, but that's all I got.

I too am interested in the vote tallies and what not - I'm also curious as to how many votes you guys actually received. I know I didn't start voting until the third convention that I got a video into - hopefully I'm just worse than most people. But with that many people at the screenings, it'd be cool to see how many people cared enough to vote.
That would be interesting. However, this was the first time that I got to experience my videos with such a large crowd, so that was a really cool feeling in its own right. They were also pretty supportive of both, and I could hear some near me singing along which was even cooler. 8-)

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:37 pm

This was one of the best contest I've seen in awhile.

All of the AMVs were very good.

Gratz to the winners and thanks to the coordinators for putting on such a great show!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:27 pm

hey i received my prizes today, thnx very much :D ...unfortunately tho my drama plaque arrived separated from it's base. my guess is this was a manufacturing error. they remained wrapped in their plastic bags, bubble wrap, brown wrapping paper, AND packing peanuts so i don't think it was a shipping error :lol:

it looks easily fixable with the proper "glue" so no worries :wink:

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:06 am

Any chance that Katsucon will be added to the list of contests so we can add that to our video profiles?

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:42 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:Any chance that Katsucon will be added to the list of contests so we can add that to our video profiles?
You can always do it manually. It doesn't make any difference whether or not the entry came from the site's drop menu...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:58 pm

i see katsucon 2009 listed but it doesn't have the little checkbox next to it :?

Return to “AMV Contests”