Best Comedy Video

User avatar
suberunker
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 10:25 pm
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by suberunker » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 pm

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:

Easily the funniest of 2008.
Agreed. :up:
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
OOOOHHH SHIT!

User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:29 pm
Status: Does it matter?
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Ishbalan wrote:There should be a separate category for best troll video.
x2

I've gone up against this video at least two times last year and lost. Probably'll be going for some rematches with it this year...
ImageImage

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:25 pm

DriftRoot wrote:

:twisted: You kind of have to see this in person to appreciate the full effect on several thousand unsuspecting audience members, but trust me when I say it works quite well.
The group dynamic is really strong here. It creates a moving wave of laughter and resentment.

Between this, your Takeout, and Zarx's 58008 I don't know what to pick - it was definitely a good year for comedy.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2020)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

User avatar
CorpseGoddess
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:23 pm
Status: HEY GUYS
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Although I originally conceived this as a drama, somehow it's consistently won as a comedy. So go figure.



I really like this one---the reaction shots always make me giggle.



I've gotta give props to my girl Driftroot...I love this vid. My favourite part is the "...cats and dogs, living together!" gag at the end. :D

Image
Image

User avatar
CorpseGoddess
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:23 pm
Status: HEY GUYS
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:57 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:

:twisted: You kind of have to see this in person to appreciate the full effect on several thousand unsuspecting audience members, but trust me when I say it works quite well.
The group dynamic is really strong here. It creates a moving wave of laughter and resentment.

Between this, your Takeout, and Zarx's 58008 I don't know what to pick - it was definitely a good year for comedy.
It absolutely works with the audience component. Vlad showed this at Anime Evolution last year, and I know our group was in tears by the end of it. Pant-wettingly funny when everybody's having synchronized hysterics.
Image
Image

User avatar
OropherZero
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Australia
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by OropherZero » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:51 am


User avatar
DriftRoot
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:18 pm
Status: As important as any plug-in.
Location: N.H.
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by DriftRoot » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:

:twisted: You kind of have to see this in person to appreciate the full effect on several thousand unsuspecting audience members, but trust me when I say it works quite well.
The group dynamic is really strong here. It creates a moving wave of laughter and resentment.

Between this, your Takeout, and Zarx's 58008 I don't know what to pick - it was definitely a good year for comedy.
It absolutely works with the audience component. Vlad showed this at Anime Evolution last year, and I know our group was in tears by the end of it. Pant-wettingly funny when everybody's having synchronized hysterics.
I have to admit, however, that I got more amusement out of the whole build-up to Serenade (it was all hush hush, in a "DOKOOL IS GOING TO SCREW WITH YOU GUYS BIG TIME" sort of way, which appropriately raised expectations and concern) and dokool & Co.'s undisguised glee at Anime Boston where Serenade premiered. It wasn't the AMV I was watching and laughing at so much as them and the audience. :rofl:
Image

User avatar
Funky-kun
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Mahwah, NJ, US
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by Funky-kun » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Image

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 pm

DriftRoot wrote:I have to admit, however, that I got more amusement out of the whole build-up to Serenade (it was all hush hush, in a "DOKOOL IS GOING TO SCREW WITH YOU GUYS BIG TIME" sort of way, which appropriately raised expectations and concern) and dokool & Co.'s undisguised glee at Anime Boston where Serenade premiered. It wasn't the AMV I was watching and laughing at so much as them and the audience. :rofl:
I think i still have my conspiracy badge somewhere - gotta remember to bring that to AB again this year.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2020)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

User avatar
Ishbalan
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:34 pm
Status: Uncomfortably Ghetto Fabulous
Location: Worcester, MA
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by Ishbalan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:I really like this one---the reaction shots always make me giggle.

I got a 404 when I tried to DL it.

Locked

Return to “2009 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”