Katsucon 15 AMV Contest WINNERS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Editinghermit
Org Profile

Katsucon 15 AMV Contest WINNERS

Post by Editinghermit » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:15 am

Alright, folks! Here is the big moment! The FINAL results of the contest!!!!

A few quick notes:

1.) Our second screening on Saturday afternoon was in Video 1 and Video 2. BOTH ROOMS were filled to the max! We were trying to fill in folks for standing room only until Security told us to stop!

2.) Our awards show was also a full room. Not max, but PLENTY of folks were there to witness the conclusion!

And without further ado, here are there your winnners for KATSUCON 15!

NOTE: For informational purposes, RUNNER-UPS will be noted below. Also I did not link up videos to the proper .org accounts yet. The mighty beast known as alcohol will conquer me shortly, and so I shall attempt this feat in the near future.

BEST ACTION

Demons and Angels - RiderG

Runner-Up:

Baccano Swing! - Studio Hybrid

BEST ROMANCE

Be Your Girl - Moonbunnychan

Runner-Up:

Fallen for grace - Vellure

BEST UPBEAT

The Gurren Knight - Dymatrex

Runner-Up:

Hold On - CrackTheSky

BEST DRAMA

One-Eyed Fish - RiderG

Runner-Up:

Phobia - CrackTheSky

BEST COMEDY

Dragonball Z: The Silent Movie - ForeverZeroo (The Element)

Runner-Up:

You Have No Choice but to Revolutionize the World - StriderTol

COORDINATORS' CHOICE

MainStream Love - Vellure

BEST TECHNICAL

Hold On - CrackTheSky

BEST OF SHOW

Dragonball Z: The Silent Movie - ForeverZeroo (The Element)

Thank you very much again to everyone who particpated! I know I always preach it, but the contest is nothing without videos created by YOU!

And it was awesome to meet so many of you at the convention!

THANK YOU AGAIN!!! Katsucon 16 is right around the corner!!!

- Michael Zubrzycki and Bryan M.S. Minnix
KMVA15 Contest Co-Coordinators
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Katsucon 15 AMV Contest WINNERS

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:22 am

Editinghermit wrote:BEST ACTION

Demons and Angels - RiderG

BEST DRAMA

One-Eyed Fish - RiderG
FREAKIN EY!!! why didn't i attend??!!!! :shock: thank you so much guys :cry:

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Editinghermit wrote:BEST TECHNICAL

Hold On - CrackTheSky
Alright, that's two years running now. I have a streak to maintain.

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Congrats all. =]

Awesome, Rider.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ZenSSStarry
Org Profile

Post by ZenSSStarry » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:50 pm

Congratz to all the winners =D

All the videos in the contest were pretty amazing too xD

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Congrats to the runner-ups and winners!! I enjoyed the contest immensely this year.

@ Mike, Brian and all of the other coordinators: you guys did a great job with "Pirates, Ninjas and Duels! Oh My!". Definitely a bonus treat for us awards attendees!! And it was a pleasure meeting everyone 8-)

Can't wait for Katsu16!! It's already on the calendar.

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:56 am

I'm still in somewhat of a state of shock over winning. O_o

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:27 am

CrackTheSky wrote:

Hold On - CrackTheSky
Put some clothes on.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:41 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:

Hold On - CrackTheSky
Pardon my German, but that was some crazy shit. I gotta know how you did all that...

On another note, I was satisfied with the audience reactions to "Me Wuvs You." It got pops in all the expected places (especially the end). Is there a way to know where we all came in; at least what the vote tallies were?

I never got to be around for "Go Ask Haruhi," though. Can anyone tell me how it was received? It's officially retired now, being a full year in circulation come April (my next attended con). I'm just chagrinned that it had to go out so quietly.

After the awards show, the fact no runners-up were announced made me wonder if the separation between first and second places were that far apart or if it just didn't matter. I'm convinced, though, that the judges seem to know which video is going to take the comedy prize since they, 9/10 times, put the ringer at the end of the playlist to finish the screening off on a high note. If my entry is placed anywhere in the middle, it feels like a bad omen. Maybe it's just me?

And am I the only editor to come out of a contest thinking about the winners in terms of "why couldn't I have thought of that?" Especially with comedy, the winners always have the most simple ideas (clever product placement, vast knowledge of internet memes, etc). The silent movie concept was the furthest from my mind in terms of theme, but I knew it would win the category before I ever saw it.

I'm disappointed with not even placing with either entry but the winners were epic.

Just wait until next year. I have been working on a new drama video idea. I have the song and concept plotted out. As soon as my computer is up to editing videos again, I'll soon have the scenes needed to pull it together. If I've done it right, this should incite a few sniffles from the viewers. :twisted:

Anyway, congrats to all y'all...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:04 pm

deuceloosely wrote:
On another note, I was satisfied with the audience reactions to "Me Wuvs You." It got pops in all the expected places (especially the end). Is there a way to know where we all came in; at least what the vote tallies were?

I never got to be around for "Go Ask Haruhi," though. Can anyone tell me how it was received? It's officially retired now, being a full year in circulation come April (my next attended con). I'm just chagrinned that it had to go out so quietly.

After the awards show, the fact no runners-up were announced made me wonder if the separation between first and second places were that far apart or if it just didn't matter. I'm convinced, though, that the judges seem to know which video is going to take the comedy prize since they, 9/10 times, put the ringer at the end of the playlist to finish the screening off on a high note. If my entry is placed anywhere in the middle, it feels like a bad omen. Maybe it's just me?

And am I the only editor to come out of a contest thinking about the winners in terms of "why couldn't I have thought of that?" Especially with comedy, the winners always have the most simple ideas (clever product placement, vast knowledge of internet memes, etc). The silent movie concept was the furthest from my mind in terms of theme, but I knew it would win the category before I ever saw it.

I'm disappointed with not even placing with either entry but the winners were epic.

Just wait until next year. I have been working on a new drama video idea. I have the song and concept plotted out. As soon as my computer is up to editing videos again, I'll soon have the scenes needed to pull it together. If I've done it right, this should incite a few sniffles from the viewers. :twisted:

Anyway, congrats to all y'all...
What he said.

Actually, lemme put a bit more of my own words into this. Seeing the contest was great, it was a lot better than I'd anticipated - I don't know what I'd anticipated exactly, but this was better than I thought it'd be. I was thrilled to see that the AMV contest was packed at each screening, and I enjoyed the cheesiness that was the Pirates, Ninjas and Duels video immensely. Though I was bummed that I didn't win anything or get runner-up. I don't know how to say this in a way that doesn't sound like I'm masking my disappointment, but that's all I got.

I too am interested in the vote tallies and what not - I'm also curious as to how many votes you guys actually received. I know I didn't start voting until the third convention that I got a video into - hopefully I'm just worse than most people. But with that many people at the screenings, it'd be cool to see how many people cared enough to vote.

Return to “AMV Contests”