Katsucon 15 AMV Contest FINALISTS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Editinghermit
Org Profile

Re: Katsucon 15 AMV Contest FINALISTS

Post by Editinghermit » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 am

ForeverZeroo wrote:Woo for making it.

Anyone know if we get AMV badges?
AMV badges? Are ye referring to special seating, or is there a new thing now with cons, where AMV finalists are presented with the AMV Badge of Valor, which possess awesome powers?

If yes for the second question, then I need to acquire these badges! :D
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:32 am

Castor Troy wrote:I totally didn't make it in... oh wait..
No, you *still* didn't make it in. Entry #7 is *my* video. :)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 am

Editinghermit wrote:

AMV badges? Are ye referring to special seating, or is there a new thing now with cons, where AMV finalists are presented with the AMV Badge of Valor, which possess awesome powers?

I think he means like the kind they gave out at Otakon to the AMV contest participants - they (well, we *obligatory self-plug*) got a special badge that allowed us to bypass the AMV wait line and get into special seating- though I think you've heard about that, or if not, you've heard of a similar situation. Since I haven't heard about them, I doubt these exist for the contest?

As for the case of the second set of badges, however, if they don't already exist, you're the one in charge of the contest, dude, does that not grant you the magical power to create such AMV Badges of Valor? Either way, might I suggest the power that it grants be "instant video editing," where it magically installs adobe premiere into your head?

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:30 am

Editinghermit wrote:

I want awesome powers!!! 8-) Especially considering how small the main events actually is.

Could you add Katsu to the org contest calendar? It's not listed up there yet.
Miracle_Falcon wrote: I think he means like the kind they gave out at Otakon to the AMV contest participants - they (well, we *obligatory self-plug*) got a special badge that allowed us to bypass the AMV wait line and get into special seating- though I think you've heard about that, or if not, you've heard of a similar situation. Since I haven't heard about them, I doubt these exist for the contest?

As for the case of the second set of badges, however, if they don't already exist, you're the one in charge of the contest, dude, does that not grant you the magical power to create such AMV Badges of Valor? Either way, might I suggest the power that it grants be "instant video editing," where it magically installs adobe premiere into your head?
Yeah the badge idea is cool, but I have like 3-4 friends that I hang with and also want to go. We're peas in a pod at these things. I forget how many badges each finalist for Otakon got last year, but I was generously offered one from a finalist, though I couldn't take it. Luckily we just walked right in and sat down. There were a lot of empty seats towards the front. I think it was because of the concert.

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:07 am

NightMistress85 wrote:Yeah the badge idea is cool, but I have like 3-4 friends that I hang with and also want to go. We're peas in a pod at these things. I forget how many badges each finalist for Otakon got last year, but I was generously offered one from a finalist, though I couldn't take it. Luckily we just walked right in and sat down. There were a lot of empty seats towards the front. I think it was because of the concert.
Otakon, you got two badges for friends... And how small do you think the main events hall is? :| I don't recall the main events hall being that much smaller than other conventions, or are they using a different room as the main events hall this year?

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:35 am

Miracle_Falcon wrote:
NightMistress85 wrote:Yeah the badge idea is cool, but I have like 3-4 friends that I hang with and also want to go. We're peas in a pod at these things. I forget how many badges each finalist for Otakon got last year, but I was generously offered one from a finalist, though I couldn't take it. Luckily we just walked right in and sat down. There were a lot of empty seats towards the front. I think it was because of the concert.
Otakon, you got two badges for friends... And how small do you think the main events hall is? :| I don't recall the main events hall being that much smaller than other conventions, or are they using a different room as the main events hall this year?
Thanks. So you got 3 overall then? Yeah, see I'd still need more. Maybe one of them should enter a video (in a different category than me :P ) and hopefully everyone makes the finals. Then we'd all be good to go.

I remember it being about one half to two thirds the size of Omni's main events hall. Maybe they will open up another hall though for Katsu to make it longer. It definitely won't be getting any wider.

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:25 am

NightMistress85 wrote:
Miracle_Falcon wrote:
Thanks. So you got 3 overall then? Yeah, see I'd still need more. Maybe one of them should enter a video (in a different category than me :P ) and hopefully everyone makes the finals. Then we'd all be good to go.

I remember it being about one half to two thirds the size of Omni's main events hall. Maybe they will open up another hall though for Katsu to make it longer. It definitely won't be getting any wider.

Yup, right on about the size issue. Main events this year is a lot smaller. The size estimate of about 1/2 to 2/3 is about right. I would lean towards the 1/2 myself. Unfortunately, preferred seating is not being utilized this year. I have been discussing with the Katsu Con staff about doing that for K16. If it pans out, man oh man, this thread has given me ideas, and I thank you all! :up: There will definitely be Finalist badges of awesomeness in the future!

(Although I would really prefer the awesome badges where after effects installs in your head ALONG with premiere. I'll take a side of Photoshop with that, too!)

Sorry about the seating. And yeah main events is smaller. And since our Friday screening finally has a later time attached, people will (hopefully) be coming on down, instead of waiting in the reg lines. I've already warned the Katsu staff that we may need an emergency overflow room if things get busy!

So C'MON DOWN if you're gonna be at con, and LET'S make this joint MAD MAD BUSY!!! :D :D

Finally, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning for con, so if anyone does have any questions, I won't be able to read them. HOPEFULLY my laptop can find a temporary online home while at con!

Thanks again, everyone, for everything you've done for the K15 AMV Contest! Hope to see ya down there!

WOO HOO!!!!!
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:05 am

Editinghermit wrote: Yup, right on about the size issue. Main events this year is a lot smaller. The size estimate of about 1/2 to 2/3 is about right. I would lean towards the 1/2 myself. Unfortunately, preferred seating is not being utilized this year. I have been discussing with the Katsu Con staff about doing that for K16. If it pans out, man oh man, this thread has given me ideas, and I thank you all! :up: There will definitely be Finalist badges of awesomeness in the future!

(Although I would really prefer the awesome badges where after effects installs in your head ALONG with premiere. I'll take a side of Photoshop with that, too!)

Sorry about the seating. And yeah main events is smaller. And since our Friday screening finally has a later time attached, people will (hopefully) be coming on down, instead of waiting in the reg lines. I've already warned the Katsu staff that we may need an emergency overflow room if things get busy!

So C'MON DOWN if you're gonna be at con, and LET'S make this joint MAD MAD BUSY!!! :D :D

Finally, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning for con, so if anyone does have any questions, I won't be able to read them. HOPEFULLY my laptop can find a temporary online home while at con!

Thanks again, everyone, for everything you've done for the K15 AMV Contest! Hope to see ya down there!

WOO HOO!!!!!
Yeah, I would also lean more towards 1/2, but I figured I'd try to be a little more generous since it's been a while since AUSA.

Thanks for trying to work out the preferred seating. Just gonna have to get in line this year. Next year should be great for new beginnings. A new hotel (hopefully) and a new contest format. Fun times fun times. Have a safe drive down!! I'm trying to recall if I got any internet for free in that hotel...

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:59 am

Guess we're gonna be getting to the AMV contest early, aren't we? I'm good with that - builds the kinda suspense I enjoy.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Man ...i guess that means you gotta get there like an hour early or so....like Otakon @.@

Return to “AMV Contests”