Here is the collection of site and forum rules. This list will be modified as rules are added and/or changed.
The AnimeMusicVideos.org Code of Ethics:
- Thou shalt be courteous at all times including visiting conventions, forum posts, opinions given, and opinions received. Respect others' opinions though you may disagree with them. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, don't say it over the internet.
- Thou shalt not use downloaded video footage, music, or pirated software to make AMVs.
- Thou shalt only have one user account.
- Thou shalt not put false information into the video catalog.
- There shalt be only one catalog entry per video.
- Thou shalt enter only the videos you created.
- Thou shalt not try to impersonate other video creators.
- Do not abuse your site and forum privileges. Abuse will have them taken away.
- There shall be no posts containing or on how to obtain warez, crackz, serialz, emulators, porn/hentai, bootlegs, or illegally obtain downloadable anime episodes, music, or any other sort of copyrighted material. You may be banned without warning for such posts.
- The forum will not be used for any kind of personal attacks.
- Forum signatures shall have no greater total dimensions than 700 pixels wide and 120 pixels high or six lines of normal-sized text. The total file size of images in your signature shall not exceed 300KB. You may have multiple images and/or lines of text in your signature, but any signature that goes beyond the aforementioned limits may be removed or altered without warning.
- Forum avatars shall not be larger than 150 pixels tall or 150 pixels wide, and no larger than 24kb in file size if hosted locally, and no more than 40kb in size if hosted off-site. Any avatar image exceeding these limits will be removed without warning.
- If a member (most likely a newbie) posts to the wrong forum, makes a duplicate thread, or overlooks a sticky, you as a knowing member must 1) answer their question or direct them to a suitable topic that covers their question and then 2) point out which forum is the most appropriate one to post to about such items, if applicable. A forum moderator will (most likely) soon move the thread.
- If you post images in forum threads, you should own the bandwidth that is providing those images. If you steal bandwidth by linking to images you do not have server control over, those images will be removed from the post.
- The forum will not be used for any unsolicited posts - advertising or self-promotional posts that are off-topic will be removed and the user banned.
- Please read the sub-forum specific guidelines, such as the AMV Announcements Etiquette and the Screencap Forum Posting Rules.