MikomiCon 08 AGMV Finalist

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:22 am

Per the Mikomicon Website and Rules of the video contest:

Any video that has won a prior award is ineligible for entry.
Any video that has participated in a large number of contests may be considered ineligible. This is to prevent people from spamming a video everywhere. The Mikomicon staff will make these decisions as to whether or not a video is in violation of this rule.
Considering the proximity of our due dates with other conventions as well as when the convention is, the rule of "Any video that has won a prior award is ineligible for entry." This rule will only apply to convention AMV contest so if you won an award for an online contest, you are still perfectly eligible. Along those lines too, If you won at a convention but the convention was after the due date i.e. you won the AWA contest, you video will still be eligible since you won after the MikomiCon contest Deadline

I would say winning best in show at Fanime and best action at Anime Expo should have disqualified 'Be a Man' from being in the contest. Last year I asked and my video 'History of Anime' was not allowed to be shown as it had won 'best of show' at Fanime that year as well. I hope this situation will be explained and fixed.

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Umi_maggi
Org Profile

Post by Umi_maggi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:23 am

Does anybody know the winners yet? :|

MieAga
Org Profile

Post by MieAga » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:26 am

I do know. I had videos that had won awards for competitions for east coast conventions but had already sent out notifications that their videos was accepted. The creator had contacted me about showing it outside of the contest stating that he had already won at other contests and I accepted to show it outside of the contest. After finding the other videos I found it unfair to allow other videos but not "Be a Man". Conversely, I found it unfair to revoke the other videos because I did not catch their east coast wins.

With that, I rescinded the rule in regards to being a previous winner. I contacted the creator asking if he would accept being in the competition and he accepted. The rule will either be revised or removed.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Thank you.
Wesley Hartman
Good to know for next year I guess...
Takes all kinds to make a World...

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:31 am

There is a big difference between West Coast wins and East Coast wins, because you have about the same audience on one coast. And if it didn't get cut for the 'winning' what about the 'trolling' rule/policy. This makes me sick. I'm glad I didn't enter this year.
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Return to “AMV Contests”