Otakon 2008 AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:36 pm

dokidoki wrote:
dwchang wrote:I find it humorous that you want his entry up and you haven't put yours up :P.
Maybe I'll pull a Senta...
But that means you need to not release your next like five videos and have people ask 'When is Tim going to release his videos?' for five years! That's quite a time commitment!

T_T
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:42 pm

dwchang wrote:
dokidoki wrote:
dwchang wrote:I find it humorous that you want his entry up and you haven't put yours up :P.
Maybe I'll pull a Senta...
But that means you need to not release your next like five videos and have people ask 'When is Tim going to release his videos?' for five years! That's quite a time commitment!

T_T
Look who's talking... how did it take you to release your naruto video? :P

Pwolf

Incanus1225
Org Profile

Post by Incanus1225 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 am

Here's ours (finally, right?)

Thanks to DWChang for pointing our an error with our video that we're... 99.9% sure is fixed completely :oops:

Jurodan
Org Profile

Post by Jurodan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Incanus1225 wrote:Here's ours (finally, right?)

Thanks to DWChang for pointing our an error with our video that we're... 99.9% sure is fixed completely :oops:

Thank you so very much for posting it. My friends and I were looking everywhere for it, and it really was our favorite from Otakon. It's absolutely hillarious.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Otakon 2008 AMV Contest Results

Post by Scintilla » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:47 pm

Aetre wrote:
Upbeat/Dance
----------------
2nd Place
Lawrence Studios - Fast Times at Furinkan High

1st Place
Voted for the winner here. One of the best uses of putting words on the screen to the music I've ever seen. And the clips are perfectly selected. The second place choice was very good, too, but I thought it cheated by using Family Guy footage, so the second place is appropriate, in my opinion.
... You do realize that the winner used Samurai Jack and the Harry Potter Puppet Pals, right?

(From what I've seen, it often happens that non-animé segments in MMAAMVs get some of the biggest reactions from the audience.)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:35 am

Incanus1225 wrote:Here's ours (finally, right?)

Be sure to announce it in the Announcement thread. I'm sure there are other people that are looking for it too. :)
Scintilla wrote:... You do realize that the winner used Samurai Jack and the Harry Potter Puppet Pals, right?

(From what I've seen, it often happens that non-animé segments in MMAAMVs get some of the biggest reactions from the audience.)
I was thinking the same thing. 'Cheating' probably isn't the best word here (I hope). Personally, I put in the PPP because my kids wanted me to, and SJ 'cause I love the show, and that whole segment was 'guys with swords'.

Anyway, glad that the Furinkan High vid is out! I have been wanting to see it.

Incanus1225
Org Profile

Post by Incanus1225 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:33 pm

jubjub2 wrote:Be sure to announce it in the Announcement thread. I'm sure there are other people that are looking for it too. :)
Done and Done. Thanks :D

L.Fist
Org Profile

Post by L.Fist » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:01 pm

This was my video played at the overflow:

I was already told that I needed to fix the interlacing. But what's done is done. I was still happy to see my video on the overflow. But while watching it wasn't a big problem(for myself at least), the audio sounded terrible while it was playing. Was this also my doing, and if so, tips on how to never let that happen again?

Congrats to all the winners! ^_^

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:01 am

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 32#1167132

Cross-posting since it's of interest to the trailer folks.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

khyron
Org Profile

Post by khyron » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:07 am

For someone who missed the con this year, is there anyplace online to grab an image or a listing of the complete ballot? I'd like to hunt down all the videos and watch them (not just the winners).

Return to “AMV Contests”