Anime Banzai 2008 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm

zanedomain wrote:Common guys, send me stuff.
It doesn't matter if you've entered you AMV into other conventions.
I also need more comedy videos.
I'll try. I'll check out the rules and formats and everything now. All my AMVs so far I have sent have not made any finalist lists... <_< So I am reluctant to send some stuff...

Btw, what's the cutoff time for the video? I have one I'd like to send, but it's 6 mins and 30 seconds...

Nevermind, found it...
The Rules

Updated: 7/10/08

1. Each video will be limited to a maximum length of 7 minutes. Any submission that exceeds the time limit will be disqualified.
That made me very happy....I can now send my full video without cutting out a chunck of it. =3

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:47 pm

If submitting an MPEG-2 file, is MPEG-1 Layer II audio also acceptable?

Can we send in an MPEG-2 file encoded as anamorphic widescreen (with the 16:9 flag)?

For the audio, what bit depths and sample rates are acceptable/preferred?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm a total noob when it comes to online file transfers, but... if I wanna send by FTP, where do I send it to? I sent to Otakon FTP because it had a server to upload it to...what's the server for this contest?

zanedomain
Org Profile

Post by zanedomain » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Scintilla wrote:If submitting an MPEG-2 file, is MPEG-1 Layer II audio also acceptable?

Can we send in an MPEG-2 file encoded as anamorphic widescreen (with the 16:9 flag)?

For the audio, what bit depths and sample rates are acceptable/preferred?
Yes you can send MPEG-2 16:9, with DVD spec sample rates in AC3 or MP2
Anime Banzai Staff & AMV Contest Coordinator: 2005 - 2009

zanedomain
Org Profile

Post by zanedomain » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:I'm a total noob when it comes to online file transfers, but... if I wanna send by FTP, where do I send it to? I sent to Otakon FTP because it had a server to upload it to...what's the server for this contest?
We could not get our server up in time for this years contest. Next year hopefully.

You can either mail me a copy on a cd/dvd or use an online file hosting service like Megaupload or Rapidshare. Or if you have a web/ftp/sftp server you can send me a link. There are places on the entry form for linkage.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:07 pm

zanedomain wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:I'm a total noob when it comes to online file transfers, but... if I wanna send by FTP, where do I send it to? I sent to Otakon FTP because it had a server to upload it to...what's the server for this contest?
We could not get our server up in time for this years contest. Next year hopefully.

You can either mail me a copy on a cd/dvd or use an online file hosting service like Megaupload or Rapidshare. Or if you have a web/ftp/sftp server you can send me a link. There are places on the entry form for linkage.

Yeah, I decided to go with megaupload, have everything uploaded and ready to go, except I can't figure out how to send the submission form. I click on the "E-mail Form" button, but it keeps saying it can't be sent and erases everything I've typed in...

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:43 pm

I filled out the PDF and hit the Email Submit button and went through all of the options.

Please let me know if you get it. Thanks.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:33 am

*sigh* no PAL allowed, oh well i'm not going through 5 hours of re-encodes and uploads for each video for 1 con, it's a pity since I submitted last year :cry:
new banzors in the making :p

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:46 pm

I keep pushing the "Email form" button but everytime I do, my word processor opens up with the form attached and always says it can't be sent... I have no idea what to do here...can't I just email a regular old email?

zanedomain
Org Profile

Post by zanedomain » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:22 pm

Autraya wrote:*sigh* no PAL allowed, oh well i'm not going through 5 hours of re-encodes and uploads for each video for 1 con, it's a pity since I submitted last year :cry:
Just send them to me, I'll re-encode them for you.

Return to “AMV Contests”