Kill The Rock?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Omikami_Amaterasu
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Nice to see some constructive comments here. :) I watched the video after I read the first comment (when someone claims something is terrible you just gotta check it out right?) and of course, I think as far as editing goes, the author did a good job. It's not exactly my type of song or editing style, but I think they go along fine and even I laughed at a few parts. ^_^

Now then... MP4 has nothing to do with the quality; the video is simply encoded at too low a bitrate (a 2 minute video under 10MB..?) to achieve good quality. Most high-quality AMV on the site are well over 1500kbps. Resolution is another issue - not sure why this was encoded at 320x240 - I am assuming for upload to YouTube? Standard NTSC resolution is 720x480.
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:49 pm

yah, what was with that guy's bullshit about Not knowing the true meaning to any MSI song?.. I fucking love MSI, but I'll be the first to tell you that about 94% of their music is about as deep as a teacup. You don't have to look much to find the "true meaning" or whatever.

I am also not downloading because I figure it'll be Frost's vid, but slightly worse.

dazza1008
Org Profile

Post by dazza1008 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:04 pm

XDD "Kill the Rock for dummies"

Well, I've got to admire the effort you put into it - and did that rock have any significance or was it a random rock?

You repeated a whole section of footage, too, at 1.34. Plus it didn't look like the rock was integrated into the footage well - it was just floating around surrealy. And it was the wrong size for some of the footage.

Overall, not bad, but there is some room for improvement. But it was a fun vid. ^^

ShatteredFlame
Org Profile

Post by ShatteredFlame » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:05 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:yah, what was with that guy's bullshit about Not knowing the true meaning to any MSI song?.. I fucking love MSI, but I'll be the first to tell you that about 94% of their music is about as deep as a teacup. You don't have to look much to find the "true meaning" or whatever.

I am also not downloading because I figure it'll be Frost's vid, but slightly worse.
LOL well you have to actually watch the video to understand what I meant about him not getting any meaning of the song whatsoever >_>. He was WAY off!

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Dazza's post Helped me guess that he prolly poorly masked a rock into all these places.. either that or my initial guess which was that he made it about rock lee.

ShatteredFlame
Org Profile

Post by ShatteredFlame » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Yep, it makes no sense whatsoever. Was it suppose to be a joke or a misinterpretation of the song? I understand if he was trying to be original, but using Naruto just doesn't go well with the concept(and will make everyone think it's a rip off of Frost's video) BTW by "TRUE" meaning, of course I was talking about the "virginity taking" part of the song. Sorry if I emphasized "TRUE" to be something deep or anything >_>

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Seriously, did you even listen to the song? Or did you just hear "rock?" It says stuff like, "What that thing down there was used for." You must listen to the lyrics, unless like ShatteredFlame said, you were trying to make a joke.

Goketsu
Org Profile

Post by Goketsu » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:04 pm

SSJ aaron wrote:Seriously, did you even listen to the song? Or did you just hear "rock?" It says stuff like, "What that thing down there was used for." You must listen to the lyrics, unless like ShatteredFlame said, you were trying to make a joke.
x2 to that sorry =/

dazza1008
Org Profile

Post by dazza1008 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:05 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:Dazza's post Helped me guess that he prolly poorly masked a rock into all these places.. either that or my initial guess which was that he made it about rock lee.
(there was a rock floating about, but it looked like it had some engraving on it or something)

XDDD That's a good idea, actually (Rock Lee) - I'd like to kill him :D

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:22 am

ShatteredFlame wrote:You obviously failed to get the meaning of this song >_>" The "rock" thing was kinda original but WTF does it have to do with the song / anime?, it made no sense at all. Listen to the lyrics CLEARLY and you'll get the TRUE meaning of the song :lol:
Yeah, it's obvious that this song is about killing Rock Lee. Did he get killed in this video? No. Fail.

Yes the video and audio quality was somewhat poor, but not as bad as you'd expect from the vast majority of Naruto videos out there.
ACTUALLY, this is just exactly the kind of crappy quality as bad as you'd expect from the vast majority of Naruto videos out there.

Now to get to actual Feedback:

It sucked.

Why?

Read the other people's posts, I don't feel like pointing out the same again.

Only one Thing to add: The Aspect Ratio was wrong.

1/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”