Kill The Rock?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Katzuka_Films
Org Profile

Kill The Rock?

Post by Katzuka_Films » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:00 pm

MY NEW AMV

<b>Video:</b> <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/video/159788">Kill the Rock?</a>
<b>Category:</b> Serious, Parody, etc
<b>Anime:</b> Various (3)
<b>Song:</b> Kill The Rock
<b>Artist:</b> Mindless Self Indulgence
<b>Creator:</b> <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/usernum ... a_Films</a>

ShatteredFlame
Org Profile

Post by ShatteredFlame » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:51 pm

You obviously failed to get the meaning of this song >_>" The "rock" thing was kinda original but WTF does it have to do with the song / anime?, it made no sense at all. Listen to the lyrics CLEARLY and you'll get the TRUE meaning of the song :lol: . Overall the video was just a failed effects video with an even worse concept, plus the quality was terrible :down:

xexyzl
Org Profile

Post by xexyzl » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:03 pm

ShatteredFlame wrote:You obviously failed to get the meaning of this song >_>" The "rock" thing was kinda original but WTF does it have to do with the song / anime?, it made no sense at all. Listen to the lyrics CLEARLY and you'll get the TRUE meaning of the song :lol: . Overall the video was just a failed effects video with an even worse concept, plus the quality was terrible :down:
Way to offer constructive criticism...

I'm of the opinion that anyone who claims to know the "true" meaning to any MSI song is full of shit, so we'll disregard that comment. The effects were fine in my opinion, just a little overdone and repetitive. Yes the video and audio quality was somewhat poor, but not as bad as you'd expect from the vast majority of Naruto videos out there.

Its a step in the right direction, you just need to refine your effects and maybe think about quality control a little more.

3/5

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:08 pm

xexyzl wrote: I'm of the opinion that anyone who claims to know the "true" meaning to any MSI song is full of shit, so we'll disregard that comment.
Yeah, 'cause MSI doing any song with an actual meaning must be bullshit right. So if I claimed to know the meaning of a song such as "Bed Of Roses" I must be full of shit huh |:

Anyway, I won't dl this simply because it's a ripoff of frost's video, which more than likely won't be as good, and I hated frost's aswell. So yeah, just wanted to throw that msi comment in there. Good luck with the crit \:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:26 pm

:O ZOMG

Zero constructive critisism from any of you! I've very ashamed.

I will definitely check this out and give you an unbiased opinion. :O

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:30 pm

CodeChrono wrote::O ZOMG

Zero constructive critisism from any of you! I've very ashamed.

I will definitely check this out and give you an unbiased opinion. :O
:oops:

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:34 pm

@Chrono: ..., but I´m first!

Ok let´s say it as it is: In this case you can´t just come along with this quality and ressolution. The whole video is full of effect details and the quality/ressolution mix is just too bad for this concept.

Anyway I like the concept and even had to laugh loud at "she killed my brain" part, but I really wished that I could see more, but I can´t because of the quality...
First I thought that you would come up with Rock as maincharacter something, but the story surprised me.

I can´t even say anything better to the effects than: Somebody got a Videocopilot product, right? Ok. Maybe they´re a bit cheesy, but overall I think they´re alright for such a crazy song, vid+concept combo.

Yeah I do think that the quality/ressolution is a bad choice for this case and maybe the worst point.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:47 pm

Damn you Bauzi! >:(

*still getting*

Shambu2
Org Profile

Post by Shambu2 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:47 pm

I think the quality issue is because of the format being an Mp4.
I was able to watch this on my psp and the quality looked alright.

The Amv itself was very random and kinda funny.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Shambu2 wrote:I think the quality issue is because of the format being an Mp4.
I was able to watch this on my psp and the quality looked alright.
*chough*

#1 no... let´s start with #2

#2 The PSP has a smaller display and ressolution. It´s like watching DVDs on a normal TV. They will look good, but on a full HD tele it might look like shit.

#1 It´s always about how you use a codec. mp4 is a container format. I think he used the codec h.264. It´s a distribution codec and was made for such things, but it´s limited to the editor itself. If you feed the codec with shitty quality like old DivX5 fansubs or whatever you will get even worse shitty quality. So in the end it depends a lot of things only on the editor to get decent quality in the end.

@Chrono:
Goal reached. You´re sad now =P
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”