Chocolate Star Fish MEP

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Sat May 31, 2008 3:35 pm

the devil may cry track and the black cat track were pretty fukin cool :o

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sat May 31, 2008 6:40 pm

I do not like Limp Bizkit...to prove my point I don't know if I even just spelled that right...however, that had absolutely no effect on my liking for this project. In fact, that possibly made me like it MORE because I got to see what you folks "get" out of the music and, overall, it was pretty cool. It was nice not to feel like I was watching the same style of editing over and over again and there was some neat stuff in there I'd never seen before (AC was my fav, now I want to try zapping things too.).

My sister, the anime hater whom I'm slowly trying to convert through methodical application of selected AMVs, was sent a link to this video. She isn't an active member of this site and she'll never post her feedback here, so I'm going to pass on what she will likely say: "AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She adores L.B. and I can pretty much guarantee this AMV will be a huge hit with her. Nice job helping me lure my unsuspecting sibling to the dark side (although to be fair, she knows what I'm trying to do).

Oh and sister, if you're reading this, stop stalking my forum posts. :P

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:18 am

100% win :o

callmeskippy++
Org Profile

Post by callmeskippy++ » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:25 am

Tired after the track 4, the intro is great! and simofc is a roxor!

Pherphq
Org Profile

Post by Pherphq » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:31 am

Pretty good , this is epic win good job on the mep liked the Black Cat part mostly better yet liked all tracks nicely put. :up:

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:48 pm

One of the best band MEP's I've seen! Good job to everyone involved! :up:

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:46 pm

OP, FLCL, Black Cat, Princess Tutu and DMC/EP were the best, a lot of the rest were pretty forgetful as they were editted just like any other band MEP and the thing is pretty long. 3.75/5 but the Black Cat track gets 5/5 release a solo vid of that whoever made it? Pretty please :/
Last edited by OropherZero on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 pm

First of all, Im not a fan of Limp Bizkit at all, but seeing all the hype about this made me download it anyway.

I put aside my prefrences while watching this, so the music didn't bug me. The editing was very good too, very consistant. But to be completely honest, in my opinion, a lot of the anime didn't fit the music. I just wasn't feeling it, I didn't feel the connection between the anime and the song like I usually do (Though, for the record, the Princess Tutu track is made of win for being totally unexpected and random and *still* working). I actually liked the Akira, Tekkon Kinkreet, and of course, Tutu tracks in particular (Which I suppose is saying something because I don't like the artist much, so kudos). The FLCL track in the begginig was kind of amusing but it would have been better if the scenes didn't seem so random.

So in short, had a few segments that I really liked, and the others just aren't my style. Considering how popular this vid is getting, my opinion is probablly ignorable. ;p

Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:42 pm

That was made of win and awesome! Best Collaborative right here.

Katzuka_Films
Org Profile

Post by Katzuka_Films » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:13 am

Wow!!! this is the best AMV ever!! You guys are the best. I hope that someday I could edit at your level my friends!! 10stars

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”