Any advice with American airline companies?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri May 30, 2008 11:30 am

Nessephanie wrote:
dwchang wrote:The worst was being delayed > 7 hours and being redirected to Indianapolis where we literally sat on the runway for 5 hours. Best part is, we were in Chicago when they redirected us...WTF? All we had to land and that was it...
There was probably no place to land lol

I just find it funny that everyone says O'Hare is bad, when I've never had a single problem with it (aside from the one weather delay, which I don't put on the airport). Whether it's myself flying in and out (which has been alot), or us picking people up/dropping them off, there haven't been delays. *shrugs*. (Though to be fair I've never connected through O'Hare, only arrived and departed from it.)
You ma'am have just jinxed yourself...

I remember flying in for ACen last year with Scott and he said something similar after I told him of my experiences. We then got delayed 2 or 3 hours...he wasn't pleased, but finally understood my plight ;).
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:35 pm

dwchang wrote:
Nessephanie wrote:
dwchang wrote:The worst was being delayed > 7 hours and being redirected to Indianapolis where we literally sat on the runway for 5 hours. Best part is, we were in Chicago when they redirected us...WTF? All we had to land and that was it...
There was probably no place to land lol

I just find it funny that everyone says O'Hare is bad, when I've never had a single problem with it (aside from the one weather delay, which I don't put on the airport). Whether it's myself flying in and out (which has been alot), or us picking people up/dropping them off, there haven't been delays. *shrugs*. (Though to be fair I've never connected through O'Hare, only arrived and departed from it.)
You ma'am have just jinxed yourself...

I remember flying in for ACen last year with Scott and he said something similar after I told him of my experiences. We then got delayed 2 or 3 hours...he wasn't pleased, but finally understood my plight ;).
Hmmm maybe the O'Hare people are the same people responsible for doing Acen's reg line.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri May 30, 2008 7:57 pm

As far as I can remember O'Hare has only slightly inconvienced me if anything.

*knocks on wood*

Atlanta on the other hand seems to delay me regularly though thankfully rarely over an hour. (However on occasion I've waited upwards of three hours)

Honestly the longest delay I ever had was at an airport in a foreign country on a foreign airline! I was going to AWA flying out of Korea on Korean Air (They are usually an excellent airline to fly on). Not only did it take a long time for the plane to show up and board everyone but there was some kind of weather radar problem with the aircraft and we ended up sitting on the runway for hours. They finally had us disembark and put us in a hotel about 45 minutes away away from the airport. The new flight was an early one and combined with a late booking in the hotel, the long drive back to the airport, and having to re-process through security and customs I hardly had any sleep. Total Time delayed: 19 hours

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Fri May 30, 2008 8:15 pm

Reminds me of my flight back to Kuwait from Germany on some Arabian airline (mebbe Dubai Airlines, I don't remember). We were delayed in Germany for 7 hours due to a violent lightning storm. That made us land in Bahrain after the last flight for Kuwait that night, so we had to go to a hotel and stay for four hours, then get up and get back to the airport for the 6 AM morning flight. :/ Ending up getting back a day later than planned for and getting yelled at for not contacting anyone beforehand... :oops: But it really wasn't that big of a deal once I explained the situation.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

Return to “General Discussion”