Chocolate Star Fish MEP

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu May 29, 2008 6:41 pm

I'm actually Looking forward to watching this, I don't expect there to be a whole lot of substance or whatever, I still expect it to be enjoyable though.

/getz

edit: my favorite part of this AMV was the fact that it was fuckin' consistent.

Jesus christ, finally.. I'm so tired of seeing MEPs where you have to wonder if the next track is gonna suck because well, the first and second ones were pretty good, where as the 3rd was shit.. but the 4th was ok I guess.. etc. This MEP was consistent, every editor Knew what they were doing with their track, did it, and pulled it off with the same amount, or close to same amount of skill as everybody else in the MEP.. This made for a rather smoothe and pretty enjoyable watching experience. I enjoyed jus tabout every track quite a bit and could tell that These people actually fucking knew what they were doing, which is a rather refreshing thing to see in the MEP ring for a change...
Last edited by NS on Thu May 29, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turankusu
Org Profile

Post by Turankusu » Thu May 29, 2008 7:00 pm

A post in ages in this forum. This only shows my gratitude for this MEP. Finally, something great.

Greek Prince
Org Profile

Post by Greek Prince » Thu May 29, 2008 7:00 pm

Cool MEP, it was very entertaining.

My favourite tracks were probably:
Track 8 -RrezZ - Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
Track 2 -simofc90 - FLCL
Track 4 -Undeadborn - Black Cat
Track 10 -UnlimitedRice - Full Metal Panic

All in that order

Well done guys...

RatQuiRit
Org Profile

Post by RatQuiRit » Thu May 29, 2008 7:51 pm

Wow, after watching this video you really wonder where the 18 minutes were hidden (that's my cheesy way to say I didn't have time to get bored)
I personnaly prefer the first half. The beginning is so powerful, all the lip synching as an intro and then the most famous LB tracks backing it up.
And I'm grateful for making me discover Tekkon Kinkreet, it looks so awesome I'm gonna watch it right away.

Well I still have to complain about something, otherwise it wouldn't be fun. I found that the texts on the "My way" track (I think it's the 3rd one) were a bit cheesy. I mean, not the way they look, but the fact it's just a few words or sentences that are highlighted. Like "your eyes", "me"...I don't know, I thought the editor should have chosen between writing all the lyrics or not writing them at all. Appart from that it was a well edited track, and it's a part of what I'd call the "powerful beginning" so yay :p

Hot stuff!

DaCoolGohan
Org Profile

Post by DaCoolGohan » Thu May 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Everyone else's tracks were pretty good. I still don't really like mine but overall the MEP was pretty good. 4/5

VRSaskayzx
Org Profile

Post by VRSaskayzx » Thu May 29, 2008 8:29 pm

Epic MEP :up: good job to everyone on the MEP love every track on the MEP 5/5

Komada
Org Profile

Post by Komada » Thu May 29, 2008 8:37 pm

That had to be one of my favorite MEPs I have even seen...really
awesome job to everyone. MEP of the year? looks that way. :up:

Undeadborn
Org Profile

Post by Undeadborn » Thu May 29, 2008 8:44 pm

Glad to have worked on it.

Good job to all.

I love karas track, f*cking rrezz xd

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Thu May 29, 2008 9:00 pm

Not bad, I have to say I was expecting a lot worse. It's been said, but the MEP is definitely consistent. No extraordinarily good tracks, but nothing horribly bad either. The Mix felt a little lacking at the transitions, I think the project might have benefited from fewer songs, but that's just me looking for a little more flow between the tracks.

Some neat concepts I'd really like to see fleshed out and with a little more effort put into them to yield some really badass videos. (Undeadborn's in particular)

[Kristyrat]

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Thu May 29, 2008 9:35 pm

This mep is out? NOOOOO OOOOO OOOO !

EDIT: Cool stuff.
Last edited by Unlimited Rice on Thu May 29, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”