Everyone get out there TODAY and PANIC BUY CARROTS

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Everyone get out there TODAY and PANIC BUY CARROTS

Post by Savia » Thu May 15, 2008 6:24 am

http://panicbuyers.co.nr/

As I know Freya irl, it would be remiss of me to not mention this today. Get on with it! As close to 2 pm as you can today, May 15th, get out into your stores and panic buy carrots, tinned carrots, carrot soup, carrot cake and any other carrot product you can, as much as you can.

Help the cause!
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu May 15, 2008 8:03 am

Carrots? :?

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 am

website wrote:This site stems from a drunken idea
Good enough reason for me :D

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu May 15, 2008 10:29 am

I somehow have a feeling that this could be considered criminal if it had any effect.
Especially so in places where the burden of proof is on the defendant to show they're not part of some market-fixing scheme.
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Thu May 15, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Thu May 15, 2008 12:30 pm

I went into the Tesco near my workplace after finishing work and grabbed a worker by the shoulders and shook him:

"Have you got any carrots left?! Please tell me you do!" He pointed down the vegetable aisle. I grabbed a basket and ran over, scooping as many carrots into the basket as I could. A security guard made some comment and I told him, panic rising in my voice: If you knew what I knew, you'd be doing this too.

I then paid for them, frantically asking if there was anywere else they might still have carrots. I commented (truthfully!) that the Marks & Spencer in Reading was already totally out. I was directed on.

I actually went to the train station, and distractedly bought a paper but left it on the counter after sighting "someone". On the platform I looked as frantic as an expectant father, absentmindedly checking my watch every few seconds and guarding my two plastic bags of carrots and carrot batons ferociously. I phoned my housemate and Yellow Page architect extraordinaire Carl:

"I managed to get some! Yeah, as many as I could carry. Are there any left there? No?! Man, it's worse than I thought. Yeah, I don't think the news has got out here yet."

On my way back I fidgeted and looked as uncomfortable as I could. I kept grabbing a page of typing out of my bag, scanning it haphazardly, then grabbing a bag of carrot batons and poring over the nutrition / ingredient information panel. Every time I did I sighed exaggeratedly, in relief.

On my way out of the train I found a bemused person with a newspaper and inquired breathlessly:

"Is there anything in the paper about the carrots yet?!"
"Pardon?"
"The carrots! Is there anything in the paper yet?"
"Uh, no, I don't think so..."
"Thank God!" Then I ran off the train.

Carrots: £8.76
Train ticket: £5.70
Newspaper: £0.70
Pretending something incredibly drastic is making me buy two bags full of carrots and running around like a madman as publically as possible: Priceless.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu May 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Had some fun with a local grocer today. Funnily enough, they didn't have any carrots. :O

Return to “General Discussion”