Donators forum IC - The non-elitest bastard version

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Donators forum IC - The non-elitest bastard version

Post by godix » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:54 am

Awhile ago we had an open IC in the donators forum. It seemed to work out well so we'll try it open to anyone on the org. For awhile I've been wanting to see AMVs to different types of music as well so for this competition I chose traditional music. In other words don't bitch that none of the songs are typical rock/pop. That's intentional.

1) The mods are little pussies so I can't just link to the audio in this post. Bastards. PM me and I'll send you the link for audio. Pick one of the songs and go for it. Not only is editing to shorten the song allowed, one of the songs is almost 19 minutes long so it's very strongly encouraged. No other audio can be added however, it must be entirely one these 5 songs.

2) Once you are complete contact me in PM. Tell me the name of your file and I'll give you a FTP address to upload it to. Thanks to minion for hosting. I don't care what the file name is but it can not have anything in it that would identify who edited the video.

3) All tracks must be uploaded by May 5th. That gives everyone a bit over a week to edit so hopefully we'll see some complete videos instead of 30 seconds videos like ICs usually are.

4) There's set judges. No I'm not saying who. In addition it's possible that #amv-review will be invited to discuss the videos but even if I do that they will not have anything to do with choosing the winner.

5) There are no prizes. I'm a cheap bastard. I suppose there's always bragging rights.
Last edited by godix on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:02 am

/me cracks her knuckles

I got a two day weekend comin' up.....
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Re: Donators forum IC - The non-elitest bastard version

Post by wurpess » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:24 am

godix wrote:Pick one of the songs and go for it. Not only is editing to shorten the song allowed, one of the songs is almost 19 minutes long so it's very strongly encouraged. No other audio can be added however, it must be entirely one these 5 songs.
May more than 1 song be used (as long as everything used is one of the 5), or can you just use 1. (I mean like in terms of doing a remix and putting elements of a couple songs together, not sticking one after another after another.) Just wanted to double check on that before/if I do anything. :P
ImageImage

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: Donators forum IC - The non-elitest bastard version

Post by godix » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:53 am

wurpess wrote:
godix wrote:Pick one of the songs and go for it. Not only is editing to shorten the song allowed, one of the songs is almost 19 minutes long so it's very strongly encouraged. No other audio can be added however, it must be entirely one these 5 songs.
May more than 1 song be used (as long as everything used is one of the 5), or can you just use 1. (I mean like in terms of doing a remix and putting elements of a couple songs together, not sticking one after another after another.) Just wanted to double check on that before/if I do anything. :P
If you can figure out how to mix songs and not have them suck then go for it. Good luck with that one. As long as all audio used is within those five songs it's cool.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:13 am

So is there any time limits on editing aside from "must be done by May 5th"?

...and yes, I'm in. Keeping New Year's resolutions is for suckers anyway. :roll:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:29 am

Kitsuner wrote:So is there any time limits on editing aside from "must be done by May 5th"?
Well lets see, between now and midnight may 5th is uhhh about 240 hours. So yes, there is an additional time limit. You can not take more than 240 hours to edit the video.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:38 am

....LOL very interesting songs. I have ideas for 2 of them so I'll give this a go.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 pm

Oh hay Kit has a nother question. Any content restrictions whatsoever?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:05 am

Kitsuner wrote:Oh hay Kit has a nother question. Any content restrictions whatsoever?
Ah, i forgot to mention that didn't I? Must meet org standards. If someone wants to make a hentai video might I suggest Acen's hentai competition that's going on now?

Although thinking about the audio sources, some hentai to that would be really really odd.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat May 03, 2008 12:30 am

Just bumping this in case anyone is stupid enough to want to still join and try to pump something out over the weekend.

Return to “AMV Contests”