Anime Boston Ballot

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
adferraro
Org Profile

Post by adferraro » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:26 pm

A decision was made that do to the very low number of submissions to the hentai contest that it would be strictly exibition only. No awards were handed out.

I was unable to be at the hentai showing, however I am told it played to a standing room only crowd and actually had an encore presentation because so many people wanted in and couldn't get in to the first showing.

MegasBebop
Org Profile

Post by MegasBebop » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Uh, is anyone planning on uploading The Anime Network? Right now all I can see of this (awesome) video is a Youtube made from someone's video camera.
You're using coconuts!

wanderingmoogle
Org Profile

'_'

Post by wanderingmoogle » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:09 pm

'Winter Dream' and 'The End' in the drama category have been added to this site!

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: '_'

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 pm

wanderingmoogle wrote:'Winter Dream' and 'The End' in the drama category have been added to this site!
Lantis will update the front page when he has time - he's only human. But thanks for the head's up.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Chaliceguardian
Org Profile

Post by Chaliceguardian » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:19 pm

Lantis is a good dude, that's true. Got to give him props for having stuff up as fast as he did.

The eeriest thing to me is that the Let them Eat Rei video.. that Coulton song really sounds close to Rei. I at first thought it was a fan made song. Yikes!

Attack of the Otaku is like Liquid Cocaine. GREAT video Chika!

Chaliceguardian
Org Profile

my thoughts...

Post by Chaliceguardian » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:16 am

I Wanted to include what I voted for. I was impressed.. there were only 2 or 3 videos total in the contest I didn't like, which is uncommon for me!

I'll probably be scouled for not voting on the Shana one by Lantis.. lol... BUT:

DRAMA:

Let Them Eat Rei
- by JBone

I did like the Death Note one in that category, the Used Song.. which made me download the song, but... the Rei one was creepy with the voice on top of the video. That's a good thing for me!

ROMANCE:

Nobody Rearry Understands Me
- by BasherofTheAges

I bet this video didn't get no where NEAR the votes it probably deserved. It was awesome, and I thank you Basher. It has made me week almost! Flash-backing me to Narue, I have been seriously pondering finding a place to buy it. The song is from a great group, Ellegarden, and I have only heard that song once. The Pan scenes came out group, with a solid match of lyrics to scenes.
I also voted this for best in show!

The Chobits video was my initial thought of best video in the category. I didn't get a ballet in on Friday night since I had to leave early, but that was my first choice. When I saw the Narue video again, I remembered just how much I *REARRY* liked it! ^_^

ACTION:

The Deth of Anime
- by Kuraki Productions

I try to keep away from Hell vids but this one was just rockin. The music was just like Dethklok would want it to be, and the video left a lot of people in the audience thinking what the hell just happened? A follow up of the Kingdom Hearts Video, which was pretty good, got more people's attention but that turned the video into Best in Show overall.

I liked the Kingdom Hearts video, but, I knew it would get mad votes. If I hadn't voted Deth of Anime, I would of gone with the first Cowboy Bebop video, I dont remember its name. *Shrugs*

COMEDY:

Eva Heaven
- by Borihiei

I have always been an Evangelion softy, and I know the Serenaide one was pretty funny from the outside the box perspective, but... this video seemed to have so many perfect scenes. Perfect fits, for a comedy.

FUN/UPBEAT:

Attack of the Otaku
- by Chiikaboom

This video, besides having nuts editing, was pure electric Koolaid. I almost think people had seizures watching the pretty colors dance, but it was great. I almost wanted to dance, and.. well.. I'm not much of a dancer. I have since watched the video a bunce and felt hooked to it. It's a tough choice for my personally, as to which video I liked the best between this and Basher's.... For Editing purposes, and technical stuff, I guess this wins.. but Basher's vid was pretty sweet too and as I said, I heard at least 5 different people talking about what the heck is Narue the rest of the weekend!

Well done all of you!

THANKS!

pandagirl6662003
Org Profile

Post by pandagirl6662003 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:19 am

Video: The Final Goodbye
Category: Drama, Romance
Anime: Gundam Seed Destiny
Song: My Immortal (Band Version)
Artist: Evanescence
Creator: Col_Thanas

animemusicvideos.org has removed this video do to a potential lawsuit by the company for 3 bands. creed, evensecne and seether. here is the actual page telling about the removal http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=60255
love, life, death, joy, anger, pain, and last but not least glomp
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:30 am

I really wanna see The Deth Of Anime ;_;

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:47 am

Kevmaster wrote:I really wanna see The Deth Of Anime ;_;
It's ded.
D
E
D

Shanaka
Org Profile

Re: my thoughts...

Post by Shanaka » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:51 am

[quote="Chaliceguardian"]
I'll probably be scouled for not voting on the Shana one by Lantis.. lol... BUT:
[/quote]

8-)

But can you tell me why don't you like it? :)

Return to “AMV Contests”