Anime Boston Ballot

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:55 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
cocowoushi wrote:I hope more of the videos who are not downloadable become availible soon! dokool, please made Serenade availible soon! I need to torment others like you have done to me! >>
He's currently on a plane back home to Japan. I just got back, but mine's going to be up <strike>soon</strike> after I re-encode the QP16 MP4 that I apparently deleted. Wendy and Lindsey are probably both on their way back home now too... Give it several hours.
I'm a slackass and haven't done my bumpers yet. I'm working on it now but I MAY pass out before I finish tonight... I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night and caught one hell of a con plague. I'll do my best.
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:08 pm

Drama looked like a tough category to be in, though it's always like that usually. I'm gonna have to dig around and get a lot of these vids I think.

Good job ya'll
ImageImageImageImage

Melichan923
Org Profile

Post by Melichan923 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:42 pm

It was a fantastic show. Every video just blew me away! :shock:

I encoded the MP4 and XviD versions of my video before I left for the Con, so My Only Love will be up later tonight or early tomorrow morning. I'll probably do it while unpacking and/or getting some rest.

Congrats to all the winners! :) You definitely deserve your awards!
Image Image

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:03 pm

So ive been hearing that, because i never showed up to the con, someone pretended to be me and took my award.

First contest i actually win and my award gets stolen. Not cool at all.
Image ImageImage

Melichan923
Org Profile

Post by Melichan923 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:14 pm

Chiikaboom wrote:So ive been hearing that, because i never showed up to the con, someone pretended to be me and took my award.

If that really did happen ... that would be the worst. I really hope it didn't. :( I've never won at Anime Boston before, but I'd think they'd have the people show some form of identification or their badges or something along those lines before giving the awards away. :? *Crosses fingers that it didn't happen*
Image Image

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Chiikaboom wrote:So ive been hearing that, because i never showed up to the con, someone pretended to be me and took my award.

Friggin crappy.. Never heard of that happening at other cons. I mean what if you actually had been there and were just slow to pick it up? What would the other person say then? Pretty damn low.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

SadieYuki
Org Profile

Post by SadieYuki » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:16 pm

damn, that sux. it was an awesome vid too

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Even if that did happen Chii, Adam is amazing and would probably get you another trophy.
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:44 pm

I wonder how they knew you weren't going to be there? You probably should have let the contest coordinators know ahead of time. The latest contest I went to (Megacon 2008) the coordinators knew (of the winners) who was going to be there to pick up their award and whose to hold.

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:47 pm

meleechampion wrote:I wonder how they knew you weren't going to be there? You probably should have let the contest coordinators know ahead of time. The latest contest I went to (Megacon 2008) the coordinators knew (of the winners) who was going to be there to pick up their award and whose to hold.
I do recall telling them that i wasnt going to be there.. though maybe that was for another con. -__-

Eh well at least ill learn from this. For future cons ill make sure i tell them that i wont be there and if in the event i win something, anyone who claims it is an imposter. =\
Image ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”