AI-CON AMV comp 2008, Now with more Artificial Intelligence

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
blah13
Org Profile

AI-CON AMV comp 2008, Now with more Artificial Intelligence

Post by blah13 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:27 pm

AI-CON 2008 is coming up fast and entries are yet again open to international creators. But unlike previous years there are 2 major changes this year.

1. AI-CON is now scheduled for March 8-9, so you all have just over a month to submit entries.

2. This year there is a theme. Artificial Intelligence. Along with the overall winner and the fan favourite there is going to be a category for the best AMV with artificial intelligence involved, you don't have to submit one with AI in it as you can still win overall without it, but note that there is a special category that can be won.

For entry details go here http://aicon.org.au/main/?q=node/13

there is also a topic on the forums there for people to talk about their entries.

a-m-v.org has been a big help to the AMV comp at AICON for the last 2 years and we're looking forward again to seeing what a-m-v.org members can do.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:07 pm

haha time to rent out Lain <_<

blah13
Org Profile

Post by blah13 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:12 pm

or nearly anything with robots, supercomputers, androids etc. I'm not overly picky :P

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:33 pm

blah13 wrote:or nearly anything with robots, supercomputers, androids etc. I'm not overly picky :P
personally I'd go for blondes dying their hair or wearing wigs :o
unfortunately not enough time to start and finish a new vid with my current projects :[
We were begining to think Ai-con was ded since nothing was up here and the website was down. Luckily au-con wont be on around the same time this year as per last year.

C'maaaan Calum time to secure that tasweigan victory that will complete your total domination of Burly Land.
new banzors in the making :p

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Hmm... I wonder what I can put together in 24 hours... I'll send whatever comes out of that :lol:

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:54 am

haha a 24 hour effort, thats what I'm thinking as well but I think I'll invest $10 in renting out whatever A.I themed anime I can find at my Video Ezy

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:28 am

first dibs on metropolis and/or animatrix and/or ghost in the shell movies and/or bubblegum crisis 2040.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:41 am

and purge completely wipes out my 'anime to rent' list =\

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:59 am

actually screw all that old crap I managed to come up with 8 new series which uses A.I time to collect the sources =D

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:32 am

it better not be steel angel kurumi because thats what im really using - i was just trying to throw yous off

Return to “AMV Contests”