Ayacon Question

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
TaranT
Org Profile

Ayacon Question

Post by TaranT » Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:56 am

To anyone who attended the AMV contest, could you check my contest page for accuracy?
http://www.fgcentral.com/Contests/ContestMain.htm

I got this information from the forum. That's not my preferred source for contest results, but it looked like the contest organizer was present and did not complain.

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:05 am

The results look good but tecnhincally speaking there were 20 entries, the judges just made a selection (or totally forgot about your video and didn't even look at it as in my case :()...
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:31 am

Paul Kievits wrote:The results look good but tecnhincally speaking there were 20 entries, the judges just made a selection (or totally forgot about your video and didn't even look at it as in my case :()...
I think a lot of us could sympathize with your situation (myself included). I was a little surprised that only four were shown, but since this was the the first AMV contest for the con, maybe that's not so bad.

As for the website, I'm only listing videos that actually get shown in the contest, exhibition, overflow, whatever. That's the purpose behind it all. Plus there's the fact that organizers almost never list the ones that get rejected (meaning, completely rejected...as opposed to placed in the overflow; e.g. Otakon).

By the way, it was funny to read on the Aya forum about how the AMV contests at American conventions are perceived to be such big, all-day affairs. That is only true at a handful of cons: AWA, Otakon, etc. Most U.S. conventions are probably no bigger than Aya, and the AMV contests last a few hours at most.

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:15 am

TaranT wrote: As for the website, I'm only listing videos that actually get shown in the contest, exhibition, overflow, whatever. That's the purpose behind it all. Plus there's the fact that organizers almost never list the ones that get rejected (meaning, completely rejected...as opposed to placed in the overflow; e.g. Otakon).
Oh ok I get it, well keep up the good work, the website is a good idea...
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Return to “AMV Contests”