BoomBoomSatellites x Vexille Promotion Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
MiyaDV
Org Profile

Post by MiyaDV » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:08 am

inthesto wrote:So can we get some kind of collaborative effort to deinterlace these VOBs?

These bastards are tough.
Eh, I just used TomsMoComp and it seemed to work
. . . . . .

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:12 am

Ugh, this could not have come at a WORSE time. D:

Even so, maybe I can magically come up with something during the weekend. If only for shits and giggles.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:44 am

AtomX wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Just so i'm getting this right... They provide all the video you're allowed to use, correct?
Yeah it's all right there in the [first post].

EDIT: Okay well apparently the original post got edited.

[Corran: I looked through the emails and it appears to have been removed for a reason. You may still participate in the contest, but you need to email the coordinator for instructions.]
Well when you go to the AMVJ Sessions page, there's a link on the right navigation that says Downloads and you can download the VOBs right there

EDIT: Heh aaaaaand it seems like that's been changed too :P Guess I should be double-checking these statements before I make them.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

lynit
Org Profile

Post by lynit » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:16 am

I'm going to try this out.

Sad that we didn't hear of this sooner. I'm just browsing around and it seems that the contest was around for a while =/
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:31 pm

AtomX wrote:
AtomX wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Just so i'm getting this right... They provide all the video you're allowed to use, correct?
Yeah it's all right there in the [first post].

EDIT: Okay well apparently the original post got edited.

[Corran: I looked through the emails and it appears to have been removed for a reason. You may still participate in the contest, but you need to email the coordinator for instructions.]
Well when you go to the AMVJ Sessions page, there's a link on the right navigation that says Downloads and you can download the VOBs right there

EDIT: Heh aaaaaand it seems like that's been changed too :P Guess I should be double-checking these statements before I make them.
It was more of a question of full disclosure anyways. sort of a "Warning: the footage you can use is predetermined and provided - if you have grand ideas abandon them now." type of thing.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:47 pm

I was looking at the footage we are able to download today, and the VOB section is split up into 4 parts, but the mp4 section is split into 9, It seems the first 4 parts are identical, but the extra mp4 parts are different.

Does these mean if we want that particular "extra footage", we have to work with the mp4s?

Also, the "thanks to" part of their email reply for the AMVJ competition references animemusicvideos.com instead of .org.
Someone may want to say something about that. >_>
(The rest of the email referrs to the .org, though. I wonder if someone different wrote the "thanks to" section)
StandardQuip

eoga
Org Profile

Post by eoga » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:39 pm

sooo umm has any one finish their amv
i still have time so i'll finish it later :D

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:30 pm

I started mine on saturday. I've gotten about half way through. Mine has so much rotoscoping in it, though.

I spent all day yesterday rotoscoping a 3 second transition.
Hopefully I can finish it soon (I only have ot put the rest of it through AfterEffects) because I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to this. I'll probably have to put this off and not work on it again until next weekend.

edit:
Anyone interested in a beta exchange, I'd like that =)
StandardQuip

kinggreg10
Org Profile

Post by kinggreg10 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:21 pm

Well im going to check it out tomorrow and if i still have time to try to do one, ill give it a shot if i can. But im in school now so ill really have to see if it can fit in with my timetable.

I think this is a great idea, artists allowing us to do such things with out trying to sue the admin and shutting the site down......:cry: So hope there will be more opportunities for such things :up: :D

kyuuka
Org Profile

Post by kyuuka » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:57 am

O.o where do i get the video files? XD

Return to “AMV Contests”