Yuu Yuu Hakusho Character MEP -OPEN-

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:13 pm

Arigatomina wrote:Video: Reason I Want In: it's YYH
Best reason I'd say.
It's the reason I joined the other YYH one... which is now sadly dead.

But thanks for the advice. I was against what I typed in the rules for formatting and such, but I'm just so damn lenient, but since you made the suggest I'll feel better about taking away the option of wmv.

And for my last bit of information, congrats, Arigatomina you get the part of the Group segment. If you wish to do Hiei as well you are more than welcomed to.
Life is filled with good memories and bad ones, but memories are what you make of them.

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:23 am

Ok Tracks for Yuusuke, Kurama and the group segment are officially taken.

See first post for more details.
Life is filled with good memories and bad ones, but memories are what you make of them.

BunofGovt
Org Profile

Post by BunofGovt » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:17 am

Okay, I have to apologize, I fully intended to ask to join this MEP when you first posted it. Even now, I'm not sure I'll be able to follow through with it, but here are my auditions, anyway. Things have been weird with me and my laptop so I'm hoping I can get it together for this.

(sorry using the vid info links for these, hence the Category listing, and no, I'm not with any studio)

Reason I want in: YYH is one of my old time favorite series, used it in a few amvs already and would love to use it again.

Character: 1st choice - Botan; 2nd choice - minor character from the Dark Tournament, undecided on that.
"Didn't I say something clever earlier?"
"Dunno, I was probably asleep when you said it."

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:10 pm

BunofGovt you're in and I'll let you have Botan.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Put me down for Hiei. Dunno what song yet.

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:25 pm

Normally this is when I would say please provide a link to an AMV you made, but considering I've watched a couple of your's in the past I'm not even gonna bother ^__^'

I'll mark you down for Hiei.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:39 pm

This is tempting.

I'd like to see some standards with the technicalities though. Definitely use DVD-footage only, as well as a HQ audio source. Each completed track should be in a lossless format (both audio and video), like huffy or uncompressed, and wav or pcm. (29.97 fps, deinterlaced, etc.)

How are you planning the transitions between tracks? Are you just using dissolves to blend them together, or blank spaces, or titles? What about the opening track and the credits?
I have sooo many ideas for this it's not even funny >>

I think it would be a good idea to have the betas circulated between project members so everyone is open to a little feedback.

And it would be nice to have the final project compressed in a couple different formats. I like Xvid, and most people don't have problems playing them. A lot of people like MP4's, which can have really nice visual quality and a small file-size, but tend to play better on faster computers.

Anyway, I suggest that you lurk around in the other MEP threads to get an idea of what to expect, and I'd suggest watching a few completed projects too.

Videos:

I love YYH, and I'd really like to see something good come out of this. I'm not a pro or anything, but I think I know enough to help out. That said, I'm hesitant to make any promises since I have so much going on ^^;

But yeah, I will say maybe for now, and take Yukina's track. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:14 pm

Yeah, I also X2 what Inverse said about techs the way I figure this is what the requirements should be

----------------------------------------------------------------

Standard mep rules I use:

23.976 fps
640x480, letterbox source if need be, but you wont need to since all of YYH is 4:3
DVD/Raw quality only

Finals: Huffy or Lagarith, uncompressed audio

----------------------------------------------------------------

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 pm

For now *inverse* I'll put you down as Yukina.
There is no rule against claiming multiple characters 'cuz personally I don't really care.
I'm pretty much just doing this for the love of YYH. ^__^'

As for transitions between tracks I still play around with that idea now.
If you have ideas, share. I'm open to them.
I just really want this to be a fun project bringing together YYH fans.
I'm incredibly simple minded >.>

Posting Betas on this thread sounds like a good idea.
I thought about it before. But I think it'll probably be best if we did post it here so we can get a feel of what everyone else is doing. I know people on the list so far are pretty awesome editors, but I'm sure we all love feedback.

As for the final project compression, I'm going to try to get multiple, but knowing me that'll take me a while so I'll probably end up uploading different file types very, very slowly. I know I can get at least the Xvid file type since my friend has it so that is possible. I'm gonna do my best and get a working mp4. I'll make some tests before we finish the MEP so hopefully I won't be slow and surprise myself.

BunofGovt
Org Profile

Post by BunofGovt » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:42 pm

*bump*

I may have to drop out of this project (if it's still on), I've been having life, work and laptop issues and for some strange reason my external drive has been eating every anime that I've been ripping (grrrrr!). It's been very stressful. I'd love to be able to do this, but I just can't at this time. :cry:
"Didn't I say something clever earlier?"
"Dunno, I was probably asleep when you said it."

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”