Xanadu - The MEP ::Recruting & Now with Remixes::

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Xanadu - The MEP ::Recruting & Now with Remixes::

Post by DarkSchneider » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:30 pm

Well, ive been thinking about this for a little while and I figured, lets do this. For some odd reason, the soundtrack of Xanadu has some of the best music ive heard, true I wouldn't say the same about grease, but when I was a kid I never did like musicals, but the music of Xanadu was something else(especially the big band/tubes combo song 'Dancing'). As far as the movie itself, although it didnt break the Box Office the soundtrack itself was a huge success. Xanadu was all about the music.

But I'm beginning to rant, so here's the nitty gritty, I've decided to start my first ever MEP, the Xanadu MEP. Based on the soundtrack of Xanadu the movie.

Links about Xanadu
http://www.skatelog.com/movies/xanadu-1980.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanadu_(film)
www.fast-rewind.com/xanadu.htm

Note: This is my first MEP I decided to coordinate, so I may not know much about doing this, so please bear with me. Also, Dancin can be split for two editors to work on due to the way the song is. If you don't know, plz feel free to ask or request the track so that you can hear it for yourself.

No. of Editors - Trying to get one per song, but if you feel like doing a second, that'll be fine too.
Preferred Anime: Shoujo anime(Ex. Sailor Moon, D.N. Angel, Chobits, etc.)
Tracks - 10
Total Length - 26 mins(all 10 tracks combined)

- Note - All tracks marked with '*' will remain full blown, the remaining tracks can be remixed. All remix tracks have a limit of no more than 2 mins.

Encoding
-----------
640x480 resolution
29.97 fps
wav (uncompressed)

Track List - (If you want to take a track, but dont have the means to get it, PM me and I will arrange acquisition of the desired track)
--------------
I'm Alive*

Magic

Suddenly

Dancin*

Whenever You're Away from Me

Don't Walk Away

All Over the World

The Fall* - DarkSchneider(D.N.Angel)

Suspended in Time

Xanadu* - Amo-chan(Sailor Moon) =Completed 11-07-07=
------------------

12-25-07 - Merry Christmas everyone!

Note as of 11-15-07:

Thanks to a PM by someone, we've decided to make some minor changes to the project. Out of the total 10 tracks, we will have 4 remain full-blown(or technically 2 because 1 of them is already complete & 1 I currently am doing), and the remaining 6 shall be remixes. So if anyone has been holding back or even considering joining, plz consider again. The new guidelines have been edited and the remixable tracks will be marked. If you still have questions, plz PM me or send me an email with your questions/concerns. Thanks

Note as of 10/27/07:

Yes I'm well aware of everything, and I will admit some of this I don't know about. But I'm no stranger to MEP participation. If you see my videos on my a-m-v.org profile, I've participated in two christmas meps & the Navras MEP. But as I said this is my first MEP I decided to coordinate myself. And also, only moments after announcing, Amo-chan sent me a PM saying she wanted in. She's even making the banners for this MEP project to spread the word too.
Last edited by DarkSchneider on Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 am, edited 16 times in total.

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:31 pm

The application process begins now I guess, if anyone wants to participate in this project, just send me an email with whatever track you want to take & anime(s) you intend to use.

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:38 am

The tracks are too big, and the whole thing is huge. I don't see technical aspects either. Nor download links for the tracks.
See what people in other meps do. Participate in some. See how things are done.
Remix.
And take a look at that.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:47 am

I agree, the tracks are uber long, with such tracks people might as well just make a full video themselves... what i would suggest is to do a mix as well,

the thread the other person linked is a good one to get your started on coordinating a mep, when i made my first one i got most of my advice from godix and he had a lot of good advice. so its a good place to get started.

Zero Link
Org Profile

Post by Zero Link » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:09 pm

Yeah you guys never know, some people might be into creating tracks that long. I wouldn't mind if the song kicks ass.

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:22 pm

Ok, ive updated the first post with some new info & the encoding. Like I said, help me help you on this, and we can make this a really awesome MEP.

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:50 pm

I'd like in...

I'd do "I'm Alive" with Excel Saga. :D

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:03 am

you're in, welcome aboard Corpse.

don't forget. if you font have the means to get the track, PM me and I will get you the track.

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:35 am

DarkSchneider wrote:you're in, welcome aboard Corpse.

don't forget. if you font have the means to get the track, PM me and I will get you the track.
Oh, I have the tracks. I love that movie. :D

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:55 pm

Great. Thanks a bunch, and dont forget to ask your friends too.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”