OC ReMix FF VII: Voices of the Lifestream Competition

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
djpretzel
Org Profile

OC ReMix FF VII: Voices of the Lifestream Competition

Post by djpretzel » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:24 pm

OC ReMix Announces Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream Music Video Competition

For Immediate Release
October 4, 2007

FAIRFAX, VA--OverClocked ReMix today announced a music video competition related to the recently released Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream project (http://ff7.ocremix.org). This is the first official competition held by OC ReMix. Partnering with Piano Squall (http://www.pianosquall.com), and eStarland (http://www.estarland.com), prizes include signed limited edition promotional copies of Voices of the Lifestream, signed copies of Piano Squall's album GAME: Game & Anime Music Emotions, Final Fantasy VII merchandise, and OverClocked ReMix shirts & hoodies. Additional prizes may be announced during the course of the competition.

There are three different categories for music video submissions, and each category will have prizes for the winner and runner-up. Submissions will be evaluated by the OverClocked ReMix Judges Panel and djpretzel. Winners will be credited on the VotL website and have their submissions shown at Otakon and other anime and gaming conventions that OC ReMix attends. The deadline for all entries is December 14th, 2007; details and rules for each competition are below.

Prizes (as of 2007-10-03):

* Winners
o Limited edition promotional copy of Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream
o Signed copy of Piano Squall's album GAME: Game & Anime Music Emotions
o Choice of OverClocked ReMix shirt or hoodie
o Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children action figure
o Credit on http://ff7.ocremix.org and presentation of video on OC ReMix convention panels
* Runners-up
o Limited edition promotional copy of Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream
o OverClocked ReMix shirt
o Credit on http://ff7.ocremix.org and presentation of video on OC ReMix convention panels

Final Fantasy VII Category

This contest involves creating a music video for any track from Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream using footage from Advent Children (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385700/), Last Order (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489134/), and/or the Final Fantasy VII, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII video games.

Anime Category

This contest involves creating a music video for any track from Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream using footage from any anime. However, to distinguish from the FF7 category, please do not utilize footage from Advent Children or Last Order.

Original Category

This contest involves creating a music video for any track from Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifestream using only footage that you yourself create. It can be live-action, 2D or 3D animation, rendered from Flash, etc., but it needs to be your own creation, and cannot incorporate substantial outside sources.

Rules

1. The deadline for all entries is December 14th, 2007.
2. All submissions are made under the terms of the OverClocked ReMix Content Policy, available at http://www.ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy. Please read it before submitting.
3. You may only enter one submission for each category.
4. In the case of submissions that involved collaboration, you must designate a single point of contact for the prizes and coordinate amongst yourselves who receives what.
5. Only one song from Voices of the Lifestream should be used per video, no other music should be present, and the video should not exceed the length of the song selected.
6. Content should generally be "PG-13", avoiding nudity, profanity, or extreme violence.
7. Video should be in HQ AVI DivX, XvID, H264, or MPEG2 formats, at a resolution of 720x480, with a 23.97 or 24 fps (progressive) or 29.97 fps (interlaced) framerate, with uncompressed 44.1khz stereo audio. Please utilize the WAV versions of VotL tracks (available via bittorent at http://bt.ocremix.org), not the MP3s, when creating your music video(s).
8. For the FFVII and anime categories, please try to follow common Anime Music Video contest guidelines, available on the websites of most major anime conventions. We want submissions in these categories to be submitted to as many different AMV contests as possible.
9. Do not utilize low-quality footage or footage with subtitles burned-in.
10. Do not include credits, bumpers, trailers, or other material in your video, only the actual submission content.
11. You may choose to post your video(s) on YouTube, etc., before/after submission, so long as the OverClocked ReMix Content Policy is followed.

Submitting

Include the name you want the video(s) credited to, your contact information (website, email), the name of your video(s), all sources (anime, games, movies, etc.) utilized in your video(s), and any additional information you feel is relevant with your submission, whether via email or physical mail.

Email (preferred):

Send an email titled "FF7 Music Video Competition Entry" with a link to your video(s) to submissions@ocremix.org. Do NOT attempt to attach the video itself, or any form of preview. Make sure that the link still functions on Dec. 14th and for as many days after as possible if you submit before the deadline.

Physical Mail:

Send a CD-R or DVD-R only (no tapes!) to:

OverClocked ReMix
PO Box 223104
Chantilly, VA 20153

Postmarked on or before the Dec. 14th deadline. All physical materials submitted to OverClocked ReMix become the property of OverClocked ReMix and will not be returned.

Updates

Updated information and answers to questions regarding this competition will be available on an announcement thread at OverClocked ReMix (http://www.ocremix.org) - please check it often as prizes may be added or rules clarified. Winners will be announced before the end of the year, with the specific date dependent on the number of submissions received.

Good luck!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 pm

If I had any ideas and wasn't occupied with the VG4 xvid and dvd encode, I'd enter.

Best of luck to all the entrants. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:39 am

Oh hey, it's djpretzel.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

djpretzel
Org Profile

Post by djpretzel » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:29 pm

This is not only our first music video competition, it's our first official competition of any kind in general, so we're really hoping for some solid submissions. I've wanted to do an anime music video myself for years, and have been amazed at what people have put together informally on YouTube using OC ReMixes, so I'm optimistic that we'll see similar turnout/quality for this.

Please, if you know anyone you think would be interested, please mention it to them!

Thanks,

-djp

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:24 pm

I would give it a shot if I wasn't so bogged down with work. Best of luck to you guys and I hope you have a great list of entries...

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:20 am

sweet, it's ocremix ;P

I just might do this, but we'll see.

Edit: if we find a track too long, can we shorten it [tastefully of course] for the video?
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:31 am

djpretzel wrote:I've wanted to do an anime music video myself for years
If there's a Video Game Project 5, you should join. I think Castor would be ecstatic...
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:00 pm

Holy crap, these remixes are so freakin hot. I'm so interested.

djpretzel
Org Profile

Post by djpretzel » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Phantasmagoriat wrote:sweet, it's ocremix ;P

I just might do this, but we'll see.

Edit: if we find a track too long, can we shorten it [tastefully of course] for the video?
Yes, but we'd like videos to be at least two minutes, and only include one song from VotL (no medleys)... that being said, if you want to use one of the songs that runs a little long and cut it (tastefully, as you say) earlier, that's acceptable.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:51 am

excellent :) cause a lot of the longer ones are really good, but I find it hard to keep pace with anything over 4.5 minutes... now I just need to figure out if I have the time to make another video... :\
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Return to “AMV Contests”