Manifest 2007 AMV Competition Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Manifest 2007 AMV Competition Winners

Post by Infinity Squared » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:58 pm

And here they be for those who missed the announcement in the closing ceremony or have not wandered to the Manifest or Amvience forums yet to have a look.

Best Drama/Romance - Game of Hearts by jubjub2

Best Action/Upbeat - Magic Pad by Nostromo

Best Fun/Trailer - Plunder Propaganda by dokidoki

Best Comedy/Parody - AMV Technique Beat by Douggie

Fan Favourite Runner Up - Plunder Propaganda by dokidoki

Fan Favourite Winner - AMV Technique Beat by Douggie

Peppa-chan and Friends Award - Second Life by Zamora

Manifest Choice - Z for Zero by OropherZero

All these videos will be receiving medals and prizes. Mail outs will happen in the next week or so, but don't expect anything (or start harrassing me) until about a month from now :P I'm still recovering from the whole AWA/US experience, not to mention Manifest before that (it's been the most hectic two weeks that I can remember) XD

It was a very interesting result this year. AMV Technique Beat won over Plunder Propaganda in the fan votes by a mere 0.5 points. The runner up videos for the category winners were also so very close to each other that during the judging session, we had to review the videos repeatedly to make sure that the video most deserving won. Anyway, here below are the runner up videos which I want you all to know because if I could give them prizes too, I would because they're awesome.

Runner Up Action/Upbeat - Don't Break by Ileia

Runner Up Drama/Romance - Our Innocence by AtomX and Nessephanie

Runner Up Comedy/Parody - One Fine Day by Ileia

Runner Up Fun/Trailer - Centre Forward by Youssef

Of course, there was also the Iron Chef AMV Competition and that was one intense battle. To not delay anymore, here are the results.

Iron Chef AMV Winner - Lockstock

Runner Up - Warpwind

For a second year in a row, Warpwind got second place in the race and I reckon if she had actually finished her idea, it would have won (she lost by only 1 point in the judges scores). The few bits that she focussed on were so very well done. And of course, bluetrain lost his title now, but if I may enter in my own opinion here, I think the reason behind it is that he went the safe route. Lockstock has been for the most part an action video man, while bluetrain has been drama. I think the fact that Lockstock went with a drama video this time and took on a different approach to his usual got him the win in the end.

Anyway, thank you all for entering. Once again I've been quite happy with the turn out. Overall I received a little over 3 hours of material from everyone. It's a bit less than last year, but I expected that since I limited the number of video entries to 2 per person only (as last year, I absolutely didn't have time to show them all). It was fantastic that I was able to show every single person's AMV this year, though it was unfortunate some people missed on seeing them on the Friday because of the huge lines in the registration desk. I hope you all enjoyed the show, and please, keep supporting us by sending even more and better videos next year ;)

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:59 am

hawt =]

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:15 am

congrats jubs~!

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: Manifest 2007 AMV Competition Winners

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:25 am

Infinity Squared wrote:Best Fun/Trailer - Plunder Propaganda by dokidoki

Best Comedy/Parody - AMV Technique Beat by Douggie
Huh, I'd have expected Comedy/Fun and Trailer/Parody to be the pairings. :?

ps - congrats, etc
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:35 am

Meh, it's what I originally advertised, and so what I stuck with. Also, the fun/trailer grouping was what was created this year, so it was a result of putting together a category of videos which in the past year didn't have an award going towards them. Next year (assuming I'm AMV coordinator again), I'll probably re-arrange these things again :P

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:44 am

Wow... Congrats to all!

and thankies, batto <3

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:54 am

Yay for the Jubby!

And :up: for the others =D

Mamo!
El Shine-o