1st Kinsin Challenge -$20 Prize

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
anneke
Org Profile

Really

Post by anneke » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:32 pm

Now you've moved into the unbelievable. I would believe someone paying $20 for a vid, but not $100.

AMVs take so much time, that they tend to be rather personal, so we tend to like to make videos we like/want/enjoy. Giving people a series and song you want used makes the video no longer fun or something we want to do, but more like a job, or a homework assignment.

My opinion. Then I don't like Eva and thus don't have the footage, so can't make such a video.

Anneke

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:51 pm

KinsinEriksin wrote:So, let's say I extend the deadline to three months? And how about I up the prize then to $100? Sound good? :?: Ok 3 Months! $100! Get to work people!
Hmmm...100 bucks eh? How exactly would we recieve this payment and how would we know you won't stiff us after your grab our vids? :lol:

KinsinEriksin
Org Profile

Post by KinsinEriksin » Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:20 pm

Payment Via PayPal or Money Order. And as to the question of whether I will pay or not, I guess there is no real way to prove it to you so it will have to be out of good faith I guess. But if all this is going to be a bother to you I could just retract the challenge...

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:22 pm

KinsinEriksin wrote: But if all this is going to be a bother to you I could just retract the challenge...
LOL! Your contest...your call. :lol:

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:31 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:hmmm... 20 bucks ey... I dunno.. i think i'd feel like a whore doing this :\
wheres the consumer whore pic when you need it... :arrow:

Vancore
Org Profile

Post by Vancore » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:07 am

hmm seems to me that your not looking to start a contest but looking for someone that you want to hire that edits in a style you like. A contest video is usually done by a creator who is inspired to do a song to an anime, like anneke said. If 20 people sign up for your contest and only one of them wins those other 19 people did a lot of work for little reward. Yes, they could put the work up but that would be 20 vids up for download all with the same anime done to the same song. That wouldn't fit well with a lotta people who complain about Linkin Ball Z vids.

If you want to make this into a contest, just ask everyone to make a 10 - 20 sec short of a segment of the song that you'd most want to see done. Then hire the winner of the contest to do that song. Whether for money, or if they are actually inspired by the song, your getting your vid for $100 the way you want from the creator of your choice.

I know this is frowned on by many here, but me, I wouldn't mind doing this for $100 if it help me run my website (I have a limited transfer rate, and more gb worth of transfer means mola). Actually I may mind, since I'm in the middle of two projects and may be starting a third. Partially because I'm not inspired enough to do it, and the other half being that I just finished an Eva video.

Well those are my thoughts on this, any others?

KinsinEriksin
Org Profile

Post by KinsinEriksin » Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:45 pm

*sigh* Ok I can see that this isn't going to work out the way I had planned, so I guess I have no recourse but to retract the challenge. This does NOT mean that I had never intended to go through with it, but I was hoping for a better response then this, jeez...so contest officially closed, I apologize to anyone who was considering it.

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:44 pm

Looks like someone spent their montly allowance on pokemon pron and forgot he was running a contest:)
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

Return to “AMV Contests”