New Idea - AMV Genzu Project

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
seanerzx
Org Profile

New Idea - AMV Genzu Project

Post by seanerzx » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Hello to all.

I am considering running a MEP, wherein any artist is welcome to contribute between 20 and 120 seconds of totally original animated art. Submissions would be accepted in a zip file of .jpg frames, 1920x1080 resolution (High Definition).

There are no boundaries regarding what your animation would show, except that the content within it be kept at a PG13 level or lower.

At some point the entries would be put to music in an original AMV style, with music yet to be determined.

How many of you would be interested in this?

I wanted to get this preliminary idea in the open to be discussed before I create any sort of solid framework for how this would all go about.

Please respond with as much info as possible, ideas, questions, and also your AIM, MSN, or Yahoo IM alias so I can contact you quickly and efficiently.

Thanks very much!

-Sean
www.a-m-v.org/user/seanerzx

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:38 pm

I wouldn't go for jpg but rather png but ok.. Might be something in here just give some more info on what you want to do etc.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:21 pm

Hm, intestesting, i did a animation once in Vegas. But that brings this question:

would it be possible to make something, animate it then send the HD video version?

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:25 pm

What's the point of using High Definition if it's a JPG? Why not PNG, Tiff, Photoshop file, bitmap, TGA, you know. Something lossless. Besides, unless you make the work a vector piece, your just going to be upscaling, and a upscaled JPG that big would look awful, especially if it was originally created at a smaller size.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:34 am

i both agree and disagree with orwell. jpg + HD = wtf. vectors make a LOT more sense. I think that a lot animation work will be UNDER that resolution (basing this off what i see the animators at my school doing so i *could* be wrong). so uh... i think that there would need to be a few changes to the specs.

however this doesn't sound like a bad idea in general, though the lack of specific music does cause me to look at this with a bit of a raised eyebrow. how can someone say yes or no without any idea of what mood/musical style they are working with, unless they use something previously created. I'd put forth the idea of a collaborative music piece created by the artists involved (or at least those with some musical talent). That's my 2 cents though.

well goodluck.
<----Place Holder---->

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:38 am

Sounds interesting.... I'd definately be game if I knew more info about it, and if I had time.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

-BL-
Org Profile

Post by -BL- » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:02 am

I'd be interested....
Some more informations would be nice =D

oska-chan
Org Profile

Post by oska-chan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:22 pm

um....cuz i'm stupid would it have to be hand drawn? if not then i'd probably enter. cuz i'm a sucky artist.
7,4;8,2;4,3;2,3;4,3;3,1;3,2
<i>suicide</i>
"And if beggars were horses, something something ferrets." -robert
Gondor has no pants. Gondor needs no pants. -Beckyzoole

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:53 pm

animated jpegs, what?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:25 am

oska-chan wrote:um....cuz i'm stupid would it have to be hand drawn? if not then i'd probably enter. cuz i'm a sucky artist.
wherein any artist is welcome to contribute between 20 and 120 seconds of totally original animated art
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”