CSUN AMV Contest deadline is just around the corner

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:22 am

Well, mine's up on the FTP now. Hopefully people will enjoy watching it, even if it's likely too far off from a normal AMV to win anything :p This was the first time I'd tried using TMPGenc to encode something from DVD footage back to a DVD-format MPEG2, but it seemed to turn out alright.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:43 am

What was the name of the file so I know which one?..Heh...Working on my vid right now so I'm too lazy to look at the .txt files...Ohhh yea...I said this before but just incase so you guys don't worry...Once I back up the files to my pc I always delete the videos to make room for others..So don't worry...

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:08 am

It's the vid/text file in the BobBabcock directory, I believe I called it JaLB(OT)_CSUN_Entry. I can't get to the FTP from work to check :p I did check it out on PowerDVD and it played just fine

Also, I left off the studio/group in the text file- it should be No Brand Videos, just for completeness' sake.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:40 pm

Ikasu wrote:It's your choice really....I've tested some of the files we have received for display and 352 looks fine...I haven't tested the 720 by 480 stuff we got but those must look NICE...=D...Also the bumpers and stuff isn't really a big deal..Cause once someone makes it to the finals I have to implement a CSUN logo and creator information into the video...Before it plays of course...And afterwards...Plus creator a 20-30 second preview for each video...So no matter what I have to edit them...But if the credits/bumper intersect with the video it would be best to edit them out....
Ok, the big DVD ready version is on its way. Final filesize should be 323,946,500.

The stuff front & rear do not intersect the video at all.

If you have any trouble with interlacing or anything, and want to show the video, just PM me here, or email me, and I'll up the 352x240 mpg1 version.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:51 pm

552 Transfer aborted. Disk quota exceeded

:cry:

yuo.space == 0
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:29 pm

Can't find the FTP info so I can submit a video. Can you gusy post it here ? I've been digging through this thread and havn't had any luck, nor on teh site, course my computer crashed twice so at this point my nerves are shot.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:45 am

Sorry about the exceeded limit problem Curry Furry and everyone else who it may concern........I had left those videos on for a bit too long and I hit the temporary cap on my space....I've cleared out the videos and got about 6-700 megs back...So please continue your uploading....and Wired Knight....Make sure you make a .txt file with the same name as your video with the following information needed

Name:
Video Title:
Category: Action, Drama , Fub/Parody, Or Comedy
Band/Group:
Song:
Running Time: 00:00:00 (Hour:Minutes:Seconds)
Video Format:
Anime's Used:
Website Address (If One):
E-Mail:
Address:
Phone Number:

and the ftp address is:

ftp.smoothestudios.com
Login: csun
Password: contest
Port: 21

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:29 pm

Error 10054 (Connection reset by peer) sending
91,881,472 bytes transferred in 01:11:45, 21,342 bytes/sec
Connection timed out.
Reconnecting...
Connected, waiting for response...
Server closed control connection.
Delaying for 10 seconds before reconnect...
Reconnecting - try #1
Connected, waiting for response...
Server closed control connection.
Sigh.

Looks like its not meant to be.

I'll try one other thing.

Ikasu, check PM's, plz

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:58 pm

Ok cool, got two of my videos submitted, they are up on teh server now.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:26 am

Hmmm....This is bad...My host's upstream provider has pulled their plug on the server I was on due to some violations or something...I'll have more information on this later today and I'll get back to everyone...The files should still be on my server so I should be able to get them....But I'm going to talk to my host and see how long it's going to take to get it back up...Damn this is a big problem...If it's going to take too long I'm going to have to retake submissions uploaded within the past 2-3 days...Also if it is going to take a long time to get the server back up I'm going to have to take submissions via AIM for temporary.....I'm gonna try to get some information on this matter right now...

Return to “AMV Contests”