CSUN AMV Contest deadline is just around the corner

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ikasu
Org Profile

CSUN AMV Contest deadline is just around the corner

Post by Ikasu » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:56 pm

The deadline is november 2nd....Only about a week and a half left. So far we only have about 32 entries and we are planning to display 32 videos...This is a major problem...Come on people...Get crackin' with those submissions. You can get a copy of the rules at www.csunanime.com and how to upload VIA FTP or the address to mail in submissions. There is a chance the deadline may be extended a few days but I have to check with the other co-ordinator. We really need your help to make this a successful contest...So please...Submit...

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Sat Oct 19, 2002 7:34 am

It seems the creator of 1000 miles and Escaflowne Serra have not uploaded a text document...I am currently backing up your videos but please make sure you submit a .txt file with all the information required....You can see everything you need to put within the contest rules...Please go to www.csunanime.com and follow the news updates (3rd one down...Can't miss it) for the live to the contest rules....Then just scroll down to FTP submission and fill out the required information....Please make SURE this is done by the deadline or the videos will be disqualified...=(...

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:29 am

I have extended the deadline of the contest by 7 days...The new deadling is November 8th....Judhing for the contest is November 9th so I'm pulling it really close here...

Please understand this is no normal contest....It's a REAL contest infront of an audience. Prizes as well that will be shipped if you can not make it which is probably what's going to happen. We really need vieos....Sppanda's and MindWarp's contests got 100+ entries...We are planning to show 32 videos and we have a little over 40 entries...PLEASE...Help us out...Send us some entries...You guys don't know how much effort I am putting into this and I don't want it to go to waste...I am going to be editing...encoding every video to insert the CSUN logo and the CSUN profile to each video (Name of creator, song, etc.) also a 20-30 seocnd preview after each category for judging purposes....I need entries though to make this a successful contest...

I just hope you all will start sending some more videos..... :( ....Well...That's all at the moment.....

a copy of the rules can be received at www.csunanime.com as long with the mail submission AND FTP submission......There should be no reason why you can't send....you can submit by mail OR online which takes almost no time at all....Upload to FTP or through AIM....simple....Thank you for your time...

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:32 am

Julian and William Milo...I have received your videos but I haven't received the .txt files with the information needed. Please go to www.csunanime.com and on the main page 3rd update down should be the contest rules link. Please follow that and locate the FTP submission....Within that will be a small list of information that will be needed for the contest....I'm sorry about this but this is for labeling purpose and contact information if you win/make it to the finals....We also need it if you win the contest for prize shipping...Thank you very much...

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:58 am

Ikasu wrote:I have extended the deadline of the contest by 7 days...The new deadling is November 8th....Judhing for the contest is November 9th so I'm pulling it really close here...
YAY! My new vid may make the deadline after all. ^_^

-Cye-
Org Profile

Post by -Cye- » Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:33 pm

I'm finishing a new video for the contest. May be able to pump out a third one if i can get my hands on the right dvds.

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:46 pm

Ikasu wrote:Julian and William Milo...I have received your videos but I haven't received the .txt files with the information needed. Please go to www.csunanime.com and on the main page 3rd update down should be the contest rules link. Please follow that and locate the FTP submission....Within that will be a small list of information that will be needed for the contest....I'm sorry about this but this is for labeling purpose and contact information if you win/make it to the finals....We also need it if you win the contest for prize shipping...Thank you very much...
Im sorry about that man. You actualy have incomplete videos, as we had some upload hickup attack us last night.
We will be re-uploading the complete videos with the text documents tonight. Thanks for putting up with us :)

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:43 pm

Just wanted to wish you good luck on the contest since you already have my video ... going up against MJ/Wonka/Beowulf kind of makes me excited though ^_^
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:07 pm

Vegeta for president wrote:Just wanted to wish you good luck on the contest since you already have my video ... going up against MJ/Wonka/Beowulf kind of makes me excited though ^_^

Why don't you throw me into that little mix while your at it :wink:

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:12 pm

I guess yer just not cool enough by his standards :?

Return to “AMV Contests”