Uh....why did I buy this....? o.o

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:19 am

i found the first disc of Chance Pop Session at blockbuster for like $4 - ive yet to get the rest of it :/

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:22 am

Bought all of Gundam Wing at $30.00 per DVD. I didn't know any better.

I bought all of Rurouni Kenshin at $30.00 per DVD. I stopped buying it after the Shishio arc.

I gave away both series as gifts. I kind of wish that I didn't. There was a phase I was going through were I was trying to get out of anime. It didn't last very long.

Then they turn around and release boxed sets of both series at a fraction of the cost, but several months later. It's never a good idea to buy anime at retail stores as they are released. I now buy everything on the internet, or on the discount rack.

The biggest sack of waste of my money was the Nuku Nuku TV series boxed set. I think I paid about $20.00 for it, and I can't even finish it. I'd rather watch Tenchi in Tokyo. I'd rather watch Crystal Triangle. Nuku Nuku TV is just really, really low grade material.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:39 am

RAYEARTH.

I had the X/1999 DVD, and as was my style, I watch the trailers for things. The Rayearth movie trailer looked terribly interesting, so interesting that I just had ot og out and find it.

Apparently no store in the world had it. In fact, I forget how I finally wound up with the DVD, but I should've taken the whole "It's really incredibly hard to find" thing as a little hint that the movie sucked a big one.

The same thing happened with Street Gighter ALpha movie, but that movie at least didn't suck as much as Rayearth.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:51 am

i find im most irritable when i buy a series i want/like only to find out that a couple months later they decide to release the boxed set... and i got all the individual dvds :/

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:50 am

SQ wrote:The same thing happened with Street Gighter ALpha movie, but that movie at least didn't suck as much as Rayearth.
For some reason, I keep typing "G" instead of "F" today. I'm off my keys too. It must be something in the air.

I'd totally trade you for your Rayearth OVAs and X/1999 movie if you've got them on DVD. I've got the Nuku Nuku TV series on DVD. It's so bad, it's a conversation piece (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Mahou Tsukai Tai's boxed set. I first watched it as a fansub in the late 90s and really enjoyed the nonsensicalness of it all, so when the box was announced, I ordered it. Got a decent deal on it too. But when I started re-watching it, I couldn't get past the first disc...

S.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:42 pm

Ileia wrote:
wurpess wrote:Doki Doki School Hours.

I generally like school comedies. Which it was on that premise I decided to get that one. (Was going to buy it in the Geneon/RightStuf sale, but they didn't have 2 disks of it, so I bought the box set on Overstock.) I'm not done watching it yet, but I already wish I didn't buy it. Even if it was cheaper than everywhere else. :? I'm going to decide the fate of it when I'm done watching it.
That one's misleading, because usually anything with "doki doki" on it is win.
Funny story about that; a few years ago at SacAnime, I bought Doki Doki School Hours because I thought that was where dokidoki got his username. Image
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:50 pm

So far the only thing that's made me sad for buying it was the Crest of the Stars box set. I got it from Best Buy during an anime buying spree for 35-40 dollars. It was the last thing out of the bunch that I watched (read: forced myself to view because I spent that much money on it) so it was too late to take it back once I found out how bad it was.

The special edition Aquarian Age movie was pretty lackluster too, though I got that one on sale at least.
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:32 pm

I bought Rayearth 2 for $48 a year or so back. Earlier this year I saw a pack with both seasons for $35. >_<
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Ileia wrote:That one's misleading, because usually anything with "doki doki" on it is win.
Everyone's taking the name. :evil:
(though Doki Doki Panic came before)
Kitsuner wrote:Funny story about that; a few years ago at SacAnime, I bought Doki Doki School Hours because I thought that was where dokidoki got his username. Image
It's just onomatopoeia. I used the name long before that existed. Image
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Return to “General Discussion”