Senpai Productions Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
TokyoU15
Org Profile

Senpai Productions Contest

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:09 pm

hello fellow amv creators! I once wished I could run my own online AMV contest....that was many years ago, but now the time has come and I can! stuff....i'll get to the point.

Rules & Regulations:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ONLY rule is to put time and effort into your videos!...
... Actually there's more ^_^....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Keep all the AMV's; AMV's! Meaning, no live action, or any other medium of animation out of your videos UNLESS the video is for the NON-ANIME category.
As far as content goes, musically and visually......we don't give a flying fuck about that. Show us what you got.
2) All Music videos must be limited to a total running time of 9 minutes. Not 1 second long. No exceptions will be made, no matter how good your video is.
3) Formats that are accepted are: DivX (any version) mpeg-1, mpeg-2, VHS and dvd's creators sending in a VHS or DVD entry will be provided with a mailing address once the creator e-mails me at thirdYrOnin@senpaiproductions.com
4) Only 3 video entries per creator. Please send us your best!
5) All entries are to be sent via FTP or Mail along with a text file or separate piece of paper that includes your Name, Email address, Name of Video, Artist Name, Song Title, Sources Used, and which categories you wish your video to be judged in. Please be sure to name your text file the same as your video entry. This will help us a great deal so that we don't get confused about who's video is whose and which video goes where. Failure to do this will result in confusion and it will be tougher on us to judge and we know people want fast results.
6) The deadline is August 15. 2/4 Days after the contest ends, the winners will be announced and all prizes will be awarded. The reviews however, will take a week to do.
7) Let me explain the "Super Radical Gag AMV!" category...basically, it's the video that is just WRONG! It doesn't have to be funny, it just has to be really outrageous. Something almost never ever seen in an amv. In other words, THE COJONES AWARD!

Rules are not final and are subject to change anytime....but I don't think they will!
If any of you have questions or concerns about the contest, please e-mail either thirdYrOnin@senpaiproductions.com or dbfreek@senpaiproductions.com

Prizes:

Due to hosting restraints, only 1 video will be able to get free hosting for 1 month. There WILL be a winner for each category (given that the category has enough entries to keep it in the contest) but only 1 video will get the free hosting.
Others will get 2 reviews from the judges (-=DB=- and thirdYrOnin) on AnimeMusicVideos.org
Winners of the 3 judges favorites will be given 2 reviews as well as a cd-r containing ALL my work, that is if the winners desire a cd-r of my work.
If not, no big deal ^_^ . The winners also have the choice of getting my amv's OR all my fav. music videos that influenced me and my style.
Winner will decide if he wants mpeg2 copies of certain videos or if he wants the package with all my videos encoded in mpeg1.
Basically it goes like:

- Best Anime Music Video will be given the hosting, reviews AND the cd-r
- Best Editing and Best Special effects will be given reviews and the cd-r of all my work.
- ALL other specific categories will be given an honorable mention on this site along with a review of their video on the .org

Categories:

Action
Adult
Comedy
Dance/Upbeat
Dark/Horror
Drama
Instrumental
Non-Anime
Parody
Romance
Super Radical Gag AMV
Trailers
Best Anime Music Video
Best Editing
Best Special Effects

FTP Info:

address: ftp.freekdesigns.com
usr: contest@freekdesigns.com
pwd: senpai
Recommended programs for FTP Upload:
- 1st Transfer
- CuteFTP
Rules for the FTP:

· When you upload you're AMV, it is quite possible that you will see other creators work in the FTP server. Please do NOT delete anything that is in there. If you do, you will automatically be disqualified.
· Do NOT change/move/or alter any other creators AMV or TXT file on the ftp server. If you wish to do so on your own, you are welcome to do so.
· Do NOT use this FTP server as your personal storage space. If you do so, your IP will be tracked, you will be bombed, and further punishment will be executed at my own will.
· If ANY of these rules are violated and this becomes a tedious battle between my-self or thirdYrOnin and an AMV Creator, the contest will not be held again. Do your-self and others a favor, and follow the rules.
Thank you...

CARLOS! the FTP thing is what DBFREEK needs help on...fix it up so no one can del, move or do just do shit with the files on there already.

SO there ya have it guys and gals, looking forward to all the entries!

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:07 pm

I tried to send my video last night but it didn't work :?
It wouldn't log on.

I'll try tonight again though. Do you have special times to enter or was it a fluke last night?

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:18 pm

hhmm, you're right. Let me address this to the webmaster. Sorry about this, we'll try and fix it as soon as possible.

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:22 pm

No problem I just didn't want this problem to continue and have a, a lot of people saying "screw this" to a great contest opportunity like this.
Good luck with the problem.

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:37 pm

I appreciate your concern ^_^
I talked to DBFREEK (the webmaster dude) and he said that his host i sbeing screwy and they're only allowing FTP access at certain times during the day. It sucks, but we can't do anything about it. I asked him to try and find out what the hours are so we can post announce them, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks again! by the way, you can always send entries through AIM, my scrn name is Tormentor002

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:00 pm

so you recieved all my vids alright?

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:45 pm

yes I did, I'm ust waiting for teh txt documents so they can officially be placed into the contest. I don't know what category you wish the videos to be in so that's why I need the txt file.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:57 pm

i understand. if you're online later, i'll give you that info

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:07 pm

ok, no prob.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:33 pm

^_^