Final Round - VIDEOS [All Videos Available]

Kimberly
Org Profile

Re: Final Round - VIDEOS [All Videos Available]

Post by Kimberly » Wed May 21, 2014 5:17 pm

PantherMarie1988 wrote: Stuff
Oh my goodness, you are a fucking sweetheart and I love you. Thank you for the lovely comments, and not just for the ones on my team, but everyone else's also.
ImageImage

xSnowflakes
Org Profile

Post by xSnowflakes » Wed May 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Finally have time to post my favourites (never had the chance to during previous rounds...)
In no order:

Find your way
I love the way you linked live action footage to the anime scenes, beautiful *_*

Oblivious Futon-Dwelling Stargazer
This amv brought back so many memories, I loved that Haruhi amv back in the day!!

Riot
Even though I've never seen this series, I still really enjoyed this video, it had the right amount of impact and I love the lighting effects.. (plus one ok rock <3)

Immortal

I love the whole idea of the video being in memory of the "sister who passed away".

Everyone did amazing though, I can tell we all put our all into our final entries - it has definitely paid off. Everyone should be proud of themselves!

&

Marie, you're a star for posting that, thanks a lot for taking time to give everyone feedback!
I agree with xDieguitoAMV.

chikasole
Org Profile

Post by chikasole » Fri May 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Okay so I might have been slightly tired from work, editing & school, which is why it took me this long to even visit the forums. BUT I'm ready to tackle the beast so let's get on with it 8-) *editor's note* Ooh boy it took me a long to write this xD Also I'm sorry for any possible typos. I tried to pay attention & fix every typo I could find. *hides*
OK KIM, go finish what you started 8D *nudges*
Team Psundercyan
Latter Days
Imo Madoka is one of the toughest animes to edit with. It has a huge variety of scenes, which is one of the reasons why it's so hard to get it right. The flow, sync, emotion & scene selection are top notch in some parts but there are also certain parts which could be improved & don't have these qualities. I also feel like you could've shown the different characters more. It's mainly a Madoka x Homura video with occasional appearances of the other three girls. It would've been better to show the five girls equally or make it solely a Madoka x Homura video. But all in all I think you did a pretty solid work (it's a great collab & you should also be proud of yourselves!) and I couldn't tell your parts apart. Felt like it was edited by one person only :3

Femme Fatale
Well this song definitely suits Vincent. The line "Where is my mind?" was portrayed exceptionally well throughout the video. Your story telling was clear in my opinion (having played the game might have helped) & I hope it was clear to others as well. I noticed those 2D scenes you used btw and I thought we weren't allowed to use any 2D scenes. But idk.. Maybe a few won't hurt, right? I know the very end wouldn't have been able to express with game footage only so yeah. OH and I loved the relaxed atmosphere your video had! GJ :3

Pop Train
This video starts out great. Some parts are just perfect & I think you found just the right scenes there. But it falls to a lipsync video towards the end. Don't get me wrong, e.g. the beginning is absolutely amazing & the part right before the chorus but maybe the anime turned out to be a mismatch or maybe you didn't have enough time in the end or? Some, if not all of us, were pretty busy during the final round after all.
I'm glad you were ambitious and wanted to tame the Skittles Beast, though. :shock: With a little bit of time & skittles effects this would've been awesome. It's still one of my favs of the round. :up:

¿¡ Dondé esta la baguette ?!

Immortal
Ungh this vid contains all of my feels ;_; *sobs* And the ending kills me. Hard to give any feedback when I'm like this but I shall try >.<''
The editing, font, flow... Everything fits well together. It's kind of a simple video which has the power to move people. The topics, e.g. her death, the pop duo etc. were portrayed well that it's almost cruel. Not much to say about it than well done, Mims! I'm proud you finished a video >:D I really enjoyed it.

Clarté
You're one of my new fav editors, Raitei. Your editing & scene selection are once again superb but I'm not sure if I get the story of this video. The main guy drinks some sort of interesting liquid and then he either starts trippin' because he took drugs in a liquid form or has some sort of realization about mankind & the universe. That's how I interpreted it. :shock: Song choice is definitely great; it has this psych feel to it. Love how you divided live action & anime into sections. I usually prefer mixes instead of sections but they were better for your concept & for the song. GJ Raitei, it's one of my favs!

Animal Love
Shalyes is one of my new fav editors >w< *huggles* Absolutely loved your video! My fav again! (Told ya guys I had tons of them.. Please bare with me. There's more to come) It's a great crossover, Taiga & the guy were a great choice since the art is similar and they go well together. But 1) I get the Black & white memory section but imo it could've been slightly shorter or taken out completely. Showing them having fun together would've worked better here. 2) .... I'm sorry to point this out but I see it as a romance edit ;_;'' Maybe it's because of the song & the kiss at the end. Ofc fun can have kisses and all those lovey dovey moments & it does start out as a fun edit. Maybe it's also because I have seen this type of videos to be categorized as romance edits before so it affects me. You're all free to disagree with me, though. These are all personal opinions :D Nevertheless great job!

Team Chicken Cult

Yaah once again one of my favs xD It brought back so many memories oh goodness. Marie, I absolutely love your editing. You've been my inspiration ever since I started editing. The song fits Denpa Onna pretty darn well, the chorus especially. Smart anime choice :up: The video has a solid story & manages to follow it till the end. There were a few scenes which I thought were a mismatch as far as the song goes but everything else was top notch to me. Seems to me like you had a good idea & you executed it well. Love the outcome.

WHAT TEAM?
I personally think it was ingenious to use High School Musical and Kuroko. The song has a few nice sound effects which acts in for for the game aspect. It feels like I'm in an actual game haha. I really need to finish KnK cuz the ending might've spoiled some of it 8D My fault for not watching it sooner, though.
There are parts when the live action doesn't transition well with the anime but e.g. the transition at 2:19 is perfect. More of those please <3 I also like how you followed the orig structure of the HSM song. A few parts could have been worked on slightly some more but I do love it as it is ;w; aaand here's once again one of my favs haha. Oh and once again I couldn't tell your parts apart. That's pretty nice blending, girls :up:

Elevator Jammed
An immediate fav! Flow, story, editing & emotion are really good in this one! I love how you used taco buffet with a guy song =D Honestly I can't point out much of this video. BUT If I have to nitpick about something, it'd be the fade-outs, some of the hard cuts & dynamic. There are parts where a fade-out is too fast, sync gets interrupted and therefore some parts feel a little choppy. But that's honestly not a big issue at all & it's easily fixed. I also feel like you could've started the video much slower & build it up towards the end. Yue pointed out how my collab with Toya on R2 didn't have much dynamic so I've been paying a lot of attention to it on this round (or at least tried lol xD). But it's a favourite of mine and you made me want to watch Utena. I seriously need to do that once of these day ;__;'' (( COULD SOMEONE PLEASE WATCH IT WITH ME? lol so many series & anime to watch. )) So sad the song's short ;w; That epic Utena edit needs moar. MOAR *rawrs*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(Your group has the most unique song choices by far.)
Manic Undead Fanservice Slaughter (feat. Tits McGee)
Now it's time to settle the score 8-) Well this is definitely a manic undead fanservice slaughter but we finally got tits and panties for this round so no one's allowed to complain. That's definitely the smooth & slick editing à la Todd that we're used to. Some of the syncing is definitely spot on and I feel like I can learn from that. I did wish to see more ordinary scenes such as those you had at the beginning of the video. But if your purpose was to produce fanservice salughter video, you did really well. This game's also caught my interest & I kinda want to play it even though this is definitely not my cup of tea xD

This One Counts Double
FAV FAV FAV! It has "favorite" written all over it lol. Ok who used that sex scene, The Breakfast Club & a dancing bunny? I demand names :shock:
You guys made one epic MEP. Be proud of yourselves :up: The person who suggested this song is the mad chemist here hahah. Idk if I have anything to nitpick. I wish the live action would've been mixed more instead of clear sections but ofc it gives a lot of structure to the video. The only part that stood out is pokemon since the art is so different from others (but don't get me wrong, I was happy you included pokemon since it's one of my absolute fav animes & I still watch it haha =D). Idk why everything else blended well together. But yeah. Personal onions again. Haha this fucking best song ever is stuck in my head... Oh did I mention the pwning lipsync and comedy being strong in this one? LAUGHS WERE HAD! Seriously, thank you guys :D

3rd video
... ;-; *sniffs*

Team Unresponsive

PreSinct
.. *sighs* I wrote a long comments to you & Aeon but I got logged out and I'm frigging tired lol xD So I'm gonna keep it simple & short.
Khoa & Phlash, I loved your collab. You did a neat job editingwise but seems like all of the effects are at the beginning of the video. I didn't expect nothing else since your ae skills are bomb, Khoa. But now there's a big difference between your & Phlash's parts. You could've toned down on the effect department, helped Phlash with effects or done them for him. It's still a collab if you had been in charge of the effects. But this went straight into my favs :3 Nice job, guys!

Phenomenon (Open Your Moe)
Slimed, you surprised me every round. You've been consistent throughout the competition imo. Here's an example of your solid work once again. The only thing that didn't quite fit was the stabbing scene from Haruhi. But if you were satisfied with it and it had a purpose, it's fine really =) Extraordinary song combined with moe is like breathing fresh air.

Find Our Way
Well your vid definitely found it's way to my favs <3 And yay for a mix! FINALLY. TY, KIM >.< I love how there're no clear sections for anime & live action. It all still fits & flows without those. Some transitions were ingenious but I gotta admit that there are a couple of parts where the transitions aren't glorious (do they have to be, though? :3) but overall you did a pretty darn good job, Kim. The video probably follows the plot line of the music video, right? Ah the video is dreamy, though ;w; -sobs-

Æon Studios

M&Ms
Haha the idea is brilliant :'D The title, execution, effects, editing.. Well done! I love how you even did similar credits. Paura executed some parts better than you did but then again you executed some parts better than Paura. I'd really love to see a longer version of this. Maybe one day. And this's one of my favs _yet again lol_

Riot
And here comes Diego with his slick effects. Gotta love them & your song choice. Aw man what can I say here? I absolutely love Kuroko & I think your did fantastic job editing wise. Great that you had both the regular scenes & the game scenes but I wished you would've mixed them even more together. I know the old fashioned, structured split is a safe choice since it's guaranteed to work and mixing it more is always riskier. That's the only thing I'm going to nitpick. I thought everything else was great. GJ Diego!

Luna's video
Good luck with JE ~! I'm looking forward to seeing the final result <:

Team Mutiny

Uh! Bromance
Your sync is frigging amazing o.o *jaw drops* Just look at that flow. I love how you didn't hurry & took your time with everything. Now your video has a certain atmosphere thanks to that. But since the title is bromance, I'm not sure I get the fighting scenes. 1:38-2:00 fit perfectly, though. Btw it's a talent to make editing seem as effortless as you did. Good job :up: :D

2nd & 3rd
;___;

I~A~S

Anime Idiots
I swear to god I had this song stuck in my head the whole day when I first saw it LOL xD Very enjoyable & couldn't really tell your parts apart at all. Guys seriously! You've got to be proud of your collab since this kicks some butt ;D YAY for the mix up! I thought the transitions were awesome and executed really well. Some of your live action footage doesn't have the best quality but I don't expect you to find an HD version of the George Bush clip. & hey, some of my FF scenes are upscaled to HD so oh wells ;D We definitely did get some anime idiots here. Laughs were had (once again) :up:

Vividred Strikers
kk Nayton. INSTANT FAV! You did a splendid job. I'm glad you changed your plans since now everything works in your favour. It seems like you've done many crossovers before even though I know that's not the case. It means how you really put the effort into it & manged to pull it off. I do think there are a couple of parts, which are over synced. I also noticed a TV logo, which sneakily got pass you. (( I have serious issues with TV logos TwT'' )). You did a great crossover nevertheless. I love it to pieces <3

Key Brothers
Oh goodness those piano scenes are gorgeous <3 Says a former pianist *cough* I've wanted to edit to this song the longest I can remember. You captured the moment well and adding those voice overs was a smart move. Oh god the ending scared me D8 Lol I'm not a fan of blood... Okay umm.. I thought some of the voice overs were a mismatch scene wise. Like they were telling a separate story while your scenes & music were telling another. But finding the right voice overs is a tough job. You wouldn't believe how many times I changed mine and what a pain in the butt it was to actually find them *shakes fist* Hmm.. Also your text stands out a little too much. But what does the text matter? Does the font, font-size, spacing, alignment, does any of those matter? I didn't care much about it before but it all changed once I studied typography. The worst decision I've ever made lol xD Honestly the text isn't a big issue. It would've only given a finishing touch to your AMV and if you don't know much about fonts & all, someone could've helped you with that. I could've helped you if I had known. But at the end of the day it comes down to your preferences. If you like it as it is, that's what matters imo :3 I really enjoyed this Eva AMV. Well done =)

Paura
Whatever it is, I didn't do it!
Org Profile

Post by Paura » Mon May 26, 2014 1:52 am

chikasole wrote:Okay so I might have been slightly tired from work, editing & school, which is why it took me this long to even visit the forums. BUT I'm ready to tackle the beast so let's get on with it 8-) *editor's note* Ooh boy it took me a long to write this xD Also I'm sorry for any possible typos. I tried to pay attention & fix every typo I could find. *hides*
OK KIM, go finish what you started 8D *nudges*
Team Psundercyan
Latter Days
Imo Madoka is one of the toughest animes to edit with. It has a huge variety of scenes, which is one of the reasons why it's so hard to get it right. The flow, sync, emotion & scene selection are top notch in some parts but there are also certain parts which could be improved & don't have these qualities. I also feel like you could've shown the different characters more. It's mainly a Madoka x Homura video with occasional appearances of the other three girls. It would've been better to show the five girls equally or make it solely a Madoka x Homura video. But all in all I think you did a pretty solid work (it's a great collab & you should also be proud of yourselves!) and I couldn't tell your parts apart. Felt like it was edited by one person only :3

Femme Fatale
Well this song definitely suits Vincent. The line "Where is my mind?" was portrayed exceptionally well throughout the video. Your story telling was clear in my opinion (having played the game might have helped) & I hope it was clear to others as well. I noticed those 2D scenes you used btw and I thought we weren't allowed to use any 2D scenes. But idk.. Maybe a few won't hurt, right? I know the very end wouldn't have been able to express with game footage only so yeah. OH and I loved the relaxed atmosphere your video had! GJ :3

Pop Train
This video starts out great. Some parts are just perfect & I think you found just the right scenes there. But it falls to a lipsync video towards the end. Don't get me wrong, e.g. the beginning is absolutely amazing & the part right before the chorus but maybe the anime turned out to be a mismatch or maybe you didn't have enough time in the end or? Some, if not all of us, were pretty busy during the final round after all.
I'm glad you were ambitious and wanted to tame the Skittles Beast, though. :shock: With a little bit of time & skittles effects this would've been awesome. It's still one of my favs of the round. :up:

¿¡ Dondé esta la baguette ?!

Immortal
Ungh this vid contains all of my feels ;_; *sobs* And the ending kills me. Hard to give any feedback when I'm like this but I shall try >.<''
The editing, font, flow... Everything fits well together. It's kind of a simple video which has the power to move people. The topics, e.g. her death, the pop duo etc. were portrayed well that it's almost cruel. Not much to say about it than well done, Mims! I'm proud you finished a video >:D I really enjoyed it.

Clarté
You're one of my new fav editors, Raitei. Your editing & scene selection are once again superb but I'm not sure if I get the story of this video. The main guy drinks some sort of interesting liquid and then he either starts trippin' because he took drugs in a liquid form or has some sort of realization about mankind & the universe. That's how I interpreted it. :shock: Song choice is definitely great; it has this psych feel to it. Love how you divided live action & anime into sections. I usually prefer mixes instead of sections but they were better for your concept & for the song. GJ Raitei, it's one of my favs!

Animal Love
Shalyes is one of my new fav editors >w< *huggles* Absolutely loved your video! My fav again! (Told ya guys I had tons of them.. Please bare with me. There's more to come) It's a great crossover, Taiga & the guy were a great choice since the art is similar and they go well together. But 1) I get the Black & white memory section but imo it could've been slightly shorter or taken out completely. Showing them having fun together would've worked better here. 2) .... I'm sorry to point this out but I see it as a romance edit ;_;'' Maybe it's because of the song & the kiss at the end. Ofc fun can have kisses and all those lovey dovey moments & it does start out as a fun edit. Maybe it's also because I have seen this type of videos to be categorized as romance edits before so it affects me. You're all free to disagree with me, though. These are all personal opinions :D Nevertheless great job!

Team Chicken Cult

Yaah once again one of my favs xD It brought back so many memories oh goodness. Marie, I absolutely love your editing. You've been my inspiration ever since I started editing. The song fits Denpa Onna pretty darn well, the chorus especially. Smart anime choice :up: The video has a solid story & manages to follow it till the end. There were a few scenes which I thought were a mismatch as far as the song goes but everything else was top notch to me. Seems to me like you had a good idea & you executed it well. Love the outcome.

WHAT TEAM?
I personally think it was ingenious to use High School Musical and Kuroko. The song has a few nice sound effects which acts in for for the game aspect. It feels like I'm in an actual game haha. I really need to finish KnK cuz the ending might've spoiled some of it 8D My fault for not watching it sooner, though.
There are parts when the live action doesn't transition well with the anime but e.g. the transition at 2:19 is perfect. More of those please <3 I also like how you followed the orig structure of the HSM song. A few parts could have been worked on slightly some more but I do love it as it is ;w; aaand here's once again one of my favs haha. Oh and once again I couldn't tell your parts apart. That's pretty nice blending, girls :up:

Elevator Jammed
An immediate fav! Flow, story, editing & emotion are really good in this one! I love how you used taco buffet with a guy song =D Honestly I can't point out much of this video. BUT If I have to nitpick about something, it'd be the fade-outs, some of the hard cuts & dynamic. There are parts where a fade-out is too fast, sync gets interrupted and therefore some parts feel a little choppy. But that's honestly not a big issue at all & it's easily fixed. I also feel like you could've started the video much slower & build it up towards the end. Yue pointed out how my collab with Toya on R2 didn't have much dynamic so I've been paying a lot of attention to it on this round (or at least tried lol xD). But it's a favourite of mine and you made me want to watch Utena. I seriously need to do that once of these day ;__;'' (( COULD SOMEONE PLEASE WATCH IT WITH ME? lol so many series & anime to watch. )) So sad the song's short ;w; That epic Utena edit needs moar. MOAR *rawrs*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(Your group has the most unique song choices by far.)
Manic Undead Fanservice Slaughter (feat. Tits McGee)
Now it's time to settle the score 8-) Well this is definitely a manic undead fanservice slaughter but we finally got tits and panties for this round so no one's allowed to complain. That's definitely the smooth & slick editing à la Todd that we're used to. Some of the syncing is definitely spot on and I feel like I can learn from that. I did wish to see more ordinary scenes such as those you had at the beginning of the video. But if your purpose was to produce fanservice salughter video, you did really well. This game's also caught my interest & I kinda want to play it even though this is definitely not my cup of tea xD

This One Counts Double
FAV FAV FAV! It has "favorite" written all over it lol. Ok who used that sex scene, The Breakfast Club & a dancing bunny? I demand names :shock:
You guys made one epic MEP. Be proud of yourselves :up: The person who suggested this song is the mad chemist here hahah. Idk if I have anything to nitpick. I wish the live action would've been mixed more instead of clear sections but ofc it gives a lot of structure to the video. The only part that stood out is pokemon since the art is so different from others (but don't get me wrong, I was happy you included pokemon since it's one of my absolute fav animes & I still watch it haha =D). Idk why everything else blended well together. But yeah. Personal onions again. Haha this fucking best song ever is stuck in my head... Oh did I mention the pwning lipsync and comedy being strong in this one? LAUGHS WERE HAD! Seriously, thank you guys :D

3rd video
... ;-; *sniffs*

Team Unresponsive

PreSinct
.. *sighs* I wrote a long comments to you & Aeon but I got logged out and I'm frigging tired lol xD So I'm gonna keep it simple & short.
Khoa & Phlash, I loved your collab. You did a neat job editingwise but seems like all of the effects are at the beginning of the video. I didn't expect nothing else since your ae skills are bomb, Khoa. But now there's a big difference between your & Phlash's parts. You could've toned down on the effect department, helped Phlash with effects or done them for him. It's still a collab if you had been in charge of the effects. But this went straight into my favs :3 Nice job, guys!

Phenomenon (Open Your Moe)
Slimed, you surprised me every round. You've been consistent throughout the competition imo. Here's an example of your solid work once again. The only thing that didn't quite fit was the stabbing scene from Haruhi. But if you were satisfied with it and it had a purpose, it's fine really =) Extraordinary song combined with moe is like breathing fresh air.

Find Our Way
Well your vid definitely found it's way to my favs <3 And yay for a mix! FINALLY. TY, KIM >.< I love how there're no clear sections for anime & live action. It all still fits & flows without those. Some transitions were ingenious but I gotta admit that there are a couple of parts where the transitions aren't glorious (do they have to be, though? :3) but overall you did a pretty darn good job, Kim. The video probably follows the plot line of the music video, right? Ah the video is dreamy, though ;w; -sobs-

Æon Studios

M&Ms
Haha the idea is brilliant :'D The title, execution, effects, editing.. Well done! I love how you even did similar credits. Paura executed some parts better than you did but then again you executed some parts better than Paura. I'd really love to see a longer version of this. Maybe one day. And this's one of my favs _yet again lol_

Riot
And here comes Diego with his slick effects. Gotta love them & your song choice. Aw man what can I say here? I absolutely love Kuroko & I think your did fantastic job editing wise. Great that you had both the regular scenes & the game scenes but I wished you would've mixed them even more together. I know the old fashioned, structured split is a safe choice since it's guaranteed to work and mixing it more is always riskier. That's the only thing I'm going to nitpick. I thought everything else was great. GJ Diego!

Luna's video
Good luck with JE ~! I'm looking forward to seeing the final result <:

Team Mutiny

Uh! Bromance
Your sync is frigging amazing o.o *jaw drops* Just look at that flow. I love how you didn't hurry & took your time with everything. Now your video has a certain atmosphere thanks to that. But since the title is bromance, I'm not sure I get the fighting scenes. 1:38-2:00 fit perfectly, though. Btw it's a talent to make editing seem as effortless as you did. Good job :up: :D

2nd & 3rd
;___;

I~A~S

Anime Idiots
I swear to god I had this song stuck in my head the whole day when I first saw it LOL xD Very enjoyable & couldn't really tell your parts apart at all. Guys seriously! You've got to be proud of your collab since this kicks some butt ;D YAY for the mix up! I thought the transitions were awesome and executed really well. Some of your live action footage doesn't have the best quality but I don't expect you to find an HD version of the George Bush clip. & hey, some of my FF scenes are upscaled to HD so oh wells ;D We definitely did get some anime idiots here. Laughs were had (once again) :up:

Vividred Strikers
kk Nayton. INSTANT FAV! You did a splendid job. I'm glad you changed your plans since now everything works in your favour. It seems like you've done many crossovers before even though I know that's not the case. It means how you really put the effort into it & manged to pull it off. I do think there are a couple of parts, which are over synced. I also noticed a TV logo, which sneakily got pass you. (( I have serious issues with TV logos TwT'' )). You did a great crossover nevertheless. I love it to pieces <3

Key Brothers
Oh goodness those piano scenes are gorgeous <3 Says a former pianist *cough* I've wanted to edit to this song the longest I can remember. You captured the moment well and adding those voice overs was a smart move. Oh god the ending scared me D8 Lol I'm not a fan of blood... Okay umm.. I thought some of the voice overs were a mismatch scene wise. Like they were telling a separate story while your scenes & music were telling another. But finding the right voice overs is a tough job. You wouldn't believe how many times I changed mine and what a pain in the butt it was to actually find them *shakes fist* Hmm.. Also your text stands out a little too much. But what does the text matter? Does the font, font-size, spacing, alignment, does any of those matter? I didn't care much about it before but it all changed once I studied typography. The worst decision I've ever made lol xD Honestly the text isn't a big issue. It would've only given a finishing touch to your AMV and if you don't know much about fonts & all, someone could've helped you with that. I could've helped you if I had known. But at the end of the day it comes down to your preferences. If you like it as it is, that's what matters imo :3 I really enjoyed this Eva AMV. Well done =)
Pop Train was something I only had roughly 6 hours alltogether to work on, and by the end of it, my right arm was in too much pain for me to finish masking lol. I plan to go back and finish this and make it much better, however, it will be a little while as I am working on my Otokon entry first :)

Phlashbak
is a failure
Org Profile

Post by Phlashbak » Mon May 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Okay, here are my favorites for this round (No Particular Order):

M&Ms -This video had me smiling right off the bat. This video was practically a spot-on parody and is very well done. I wouldn't have ever though of using Mirai Nikki for a parody of Skittles, but what you guys came up with was quite amazing. credits are also very nice lol

Crystal Vitality - This video gave me some massive chills. The voice over was nicely done and the scene selection was quite astounding. Even though I have not played through all these games, it had quite the emotional impact on me. Good job!

Possessive Hatred - This is another video that I wouldn't have ever thought would work. I have no idea what compelled you guys to make a horror with Sakurasou as a prominent source, but the end result left me speechless. You guys made it work so well that It's almost scary. Very nice job!

Smoke and Mirrors - The transitions between the live action and anime is pretty freaking smooth. This videos balances live action very well with the anime. Minority Report seems to match very well Psycho Pass. You placed visually similar live action scenes with a corresponding scene from Psycho Pass which looks very very nice. The only thing that I thought felt out of place was that live action running scene at like 1:07. Good Job! (Also this song is really freaking catchy)

Vividred Strikers - I'm gonna give this video some love. First off the song itself already has my love. This video had some really good moments of sync and the scene selection created a very flowy (if that's a word) and visually appealing video. The small moments of "voice" over is also really nice. Very nice job! (Sidenote: That TV logo that appears for a split second kills me on the inside)

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Mon May 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Thanks to everyone who's taking the time to give feedback, no matter if it's detailed or not (those get a special applause, though ;D). To be honest, I've been so busy, I've only watched about half of the videos, so I can't give my favorites yet *dies* I definitely will, though! So, yeah, thanks again *rolls of to bed*

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue May 27, 2014 11:33 pm

I'm going to do the best I can to have final results up by tomorrow night. I've got a doctor's appointment that will keep me away for a few hours but once I get back I'm going to concentrate on this, assuming I'm not a drugged out mess. |:>

chikasole
Org Profile

Post by chikasole » Wed May 28, 2014 10:25 am

Aww but Yue! You need to take care of yourself first <:
I bet we are all excited for the results, though :D

AmvLuna
Org Profile

Post by AmvLuna » Wed May 28, 2014 5:39 pm

One day more it's not big deal but thanks Yue for your work!!

I want to say i am really proud of DangoWaffles's team, you guys did an awesome job and in all the rounds you were my favorites, no jokes! and this contest showed me how good you were, working all together :wink:

PS: thanks for all the comments!

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Wed May 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Finally got around to watching all the videos, yayy.... So I really think this round there were so many nice videos. Everyone did great in their own ways. I couldn't really pick favorites, but there were some videos that i wanted to leave a comment for, so... I'm sorry I couldn't do all of them, but I just have too little time >__> Keep up the great work guys 8DD

Find our way:
The script! <3 I ADORED this video. It was so beautiful. I loved the camera shakes and the scene choice and the way you really made the music video and the anime footage work together flawlessly. There were two or three transition-issues, but most of them were really well done. Lovely :D

M&Ms:
Though I am not a big fan of the song, I really enjoyed the video. The technical aspect was really great of course, but it was also a fantastic comedy. Great job ^^

Riot:
Hot guys, catchy song, action and fantastic editing - what could I wish for more? Thoroughly enjoyed this video. It ended just when I got really into it, though :(

Latter Days (We needed another madoka video)
Made me feel really happy! A bit over synched, but a really nice watch, especially since it shows Madoka from a different angle than usual :)

Animal Love: I loved the beginning and I thought you chose a funny couple. Some of the manips and transitions were also really nice. Near the end I felt like you ran out of time, though, so the spectacular ending we all waited sort of fell short. It would be great to see a more complex version of this!

Elevator Jammed:
Ohh, i loved this! I never got around to watching this show, but you made it look very interesting! I think at parts the video was a bit fast paced and the black fades didn't work too well, but i absolutely loved your scene choice and the sequences. Just… the abrupt ending!! *sadface* finish it!!

This one counts double:
Hahaa, whaaaat… Ahh, this was sort of awesome in a weird way xD Admittedly, some parts clicked more with anime and song and TV show than others did, but generally great job :D

PreSinct:
Really loved the effects and aesthetics of this! I just couldn't quite feel the connection between the stories and at some point it seemed a bit repetitive. Even so, technically astounding, as always :3

Phenomenon:
Ahhh, great editing! I quite enjoyed the video! What bothers me a bit is that the video can't seem to decide whether it wants to be serious or not. I loved the serious parts. And i loved the comedy parts as well. But together they just don't seem to match. The switching back and forth made it difficult to have any emotional attachment, be it having a laugh or feeling sympathy.

Bromance:
The song wasn't my cup of tea at all, but I enjoyed the editing and the way you synched the visuals to certain sounds in the audio. Really nice! Oh and Bromanceeee <3

Anime Idiots:
That made me crack xD lol Some parts were really nicely done!!! Super funny. Flow was a bit awkward in parts, but then we were rewarded in others, so that made up for it. :3

---

@Luna: ahh omg thank you, you're so sweet ;__; :oops: We all worked our butts off, even though we were so busy with work and school, so I am really happy you think that way. *hugglesh* I can't wait to see your video!

Return to “Team Warfare”