Survey

LunciA
Kawaii Weaboo Gamer
Org Profile

Re: Survey

Post by LunciA » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:57 pm

What Was Your Favorite Part of AMV Roulette?
- Made new friends and always being excited about which genres are coming now LOL.

What Was Your Least Favorite Part of AMV Roulette?
- How freakin' fcked up the topics were LOL. :awesome:

Did You Feel That Making A Video To Fit The Requirements Was Too Easy Or Too Hard? Why?
- Uhm. Normal actually. Wasn't too easy or hard.

Do You Think It Would Be More Fun If Additional Bonus Points Were Available? (Ex. Like Having Optional Bonus Requirements That Can Score You More Points If You Decide To Include Them In Your Video.)
- Yes!

Additional Comments/Suggestions/Complaints?
- Actually no. I were happy with everything. Really enjoyed that we had even a conv. at skype for this. :)

If You Had Placed First, Would You Have Chosen The Giraffe As Your Prize?
- YES. Nth. over Giraffes LOL :bear:

Kagacie
YEAY I SCREWED FROM THE START,I'M A FAILURE IN LIFE :D
Org Profile

Post by Kagacie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 pm

I am bored so all of my answers will be pictures :awesome:

why all the fun......

Did You Feel That Making A Video To Fit The Requirements Was Too Easy Or Too Hard? Why?
why cause I never edit like that

Do You Think It Would Be More Fun If Additional Bonus Points Were Available? (Ex. Like Having Optional Bonus Requirements That Can Score You More Points If You Decide To Include Them In Your Video.)

perhaps 1 more round which could be a hardcore final , by taking all the requirments of the last round and putting them in the last one and making them edit 1 amv with all the past requirments

part of me would want the hard drive but the bigger parts wins and goes for the giraffe cause come on IT IS A FREAKING BIG ASS GIRAFFE

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:46 pm

There were a number of things that made this tournament one of the better competitions I've been a part of. I appreciated the fact that no one was eliminated, yet the scores remained anonymous. It lets the editors compete without having the burden of a number to beat weighing on them. The comments and reasoning why certain videos were placed the way they were was nice to read over, and all of them were fair and usually detailed for any given round. The skype chat was also a nice bonus to connect with other editors.

The main complaint I have with this contest is that many of the video categories are way too similar, especially for only three rounds. It's fine if an entrant is out of their comfort zone at least once, but every round had an 'upbeat' angle to it. I feel that some of these categories should be merged, such as the fun/comedy and sentimental/romance selections. Similarly, I feel the lack of video genre descriptions should be addressed, since it became extremely apparent in the last round. One definition of what "dance" is could be completely different from another; this is particularly a problem if the differing opinion is from a judge. While video examples help, I feel that a succinct definition should be written out for each round to not only offer a fair starting point for every contestant, but a guideline that each video will be judged upon.

I felt it was just fine for what we had. It made people be creative with their sources and ultimately produce some pretty entertaining videos.

Yes. I'm all about this. :up:

While I realize that judging cannot be completely objective, as with every contest, I noticed that a lot of comments centered around seeing a video for its parts, rather than as a whole, (namely that things were seen as 'random' at times but for no specific reason, and that videos were seen for the anime rather than an independent concept). Of course, I have no idea how much these were taken into account when scoring, if at all. I'm not complaining here, just pointing out the frequency of occurrence.

Probably. Though I could really do for another external hard drive, I can't resist giant stuffed animals. D:

Overall this was a great contest and I hope you guys do it again next year. :beer:

EllipseIris
Org Profile

Post by EllipseIris » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:26 am

Getting to know a few new people :)
Getting all the three genres of the rounds out of my comfort zone. I would have been happy with at least one, but yeah, that makes it roulett :D
The first 2 were easy, the 3rd was a bit harder, but it also depends.
Do You Think It Would Be More Fun If Additional Bonus Points Were Available?
Not really, then you would need to concentrate on a whole lot of things: video, audio genre, special requirement, how to get bonus points etc. This contest is for fun anyway.
Since I could not finish my videos for the last 2 rounds, I tell my op only about the first one, which is that I think that comedy is maybe not the best genre to put in the pack, because we are not comedians, we are editors. Most of the entries could not even make me smile, so what's the point? You disqualify if we do not meet the audio genre, but you don't, when we do not meet the video genre? Interesting..:D
Hell yeah! :) would have..:D

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Suggestion.

Order the videos Alphabetically for judging!!!!!

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Watching all those entries after you finished yours yourself. Reading the feedback\comments from the judges

Skyb chat XD

Nop i had hope for some more crazy cumbos like Deans, Heavy M or Romans , Punk but it woes not to hard or to easy

Do You Think It Would Be More Fun If Additional Bonus Points Were Available? (Ex.)
No not relay all tho bonus points for make\using full song mite be nice

Fun fun fun |:>

Yes 8-)
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

Return to “AMV Roulette 2014”