Survey

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Survey

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Thank you all for participating in the first ever AMV Roulette! You all did a fantastic job and it's been a pleasure hosting the contest (even though at this time it's still essentially going on ^^;;)!
Here is a brief survey that you can fill out if you choose to do so

What Was Your Favorite Part of AMV Roulette?
What Was Your Least Favorite Part of AMV Roulette?
Did You Feel That Making A Video To Fit The Requirements Was Too Easy Or Too Hard? Why?
Do You Think It Would Be More Fun If Additional Bonus Points Were Available? (Ex. Like Having Optional Bonus Requirements That Can Score You More Points If You Decide To Include Them In Your Video.)
Additional Comments/Suggestions/Complaints?
If You Had Placed First, Would You Have Chosen The Giraffe As Your Prize?

sakuraslight
Need more Jiggawatts
Org Profile

Re: Survey

Post by sakuraslight » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:14 pm

The chat with friends.

Rendering out my vid my computer still sucks at that

Did You Feel That Making A Video To Fit The Requirements Was Too Easy Or Too Hard? Why?

It was a challange ^^ but fun

Do You Think It Would Be More Fun If Additional Bonus Points Were Available? (Ex. Like Having Optional Bonus Requirements That Can Score You More Points If You Decide To Include Them In Your Video.)

Hell Yah i like a challange

Good job yue Love the Banner syou did keep them there a great idea.

Hell YAH

ImageImage

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:50 pm

feeling obligated to edit, and using the contest to come up with ideas that i might not have thought of otherwise. i also think it's cool that there weren't any eliminations. and i enjoyed reading the judges' comments.

didn't have any trouble thinking up sources/concepts, but all the video/audio genre combinations drawn strangely went hand in hand, compared to combinations that there could have been. the special requirements were a little tricky for me, in a good way.

yeah definitely. :shark:

sankyuu coordinators and judges for arranging/hosting this contest!! :dino:

without hesitation.

ailynerie
Org Profile

Post by ailynerie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:02 pm

- The variety of editors and their style.
- How by causality, the genres of the rounds were matched to create some sort of hell.
- It seems fair, it's a 'challenge' that fits the contest, after all it's tournament style without the elimination, it's only obvious that the objective gets to be not so easy to beat.
Do You Think It Would Be More Fun If Additional Bonus Points Were Available?
- I think the results are more balanced if you don't add bonus points, after all you're judging based on the talent of the editor.
- I like how everyone keeps up with their 'responsibilities' so it's a very pleasing contest rather than a disappointing one.
- hahahahaha I'm kind of rooting for the steam money though yeah if I chose the giraffe as the prize it's a funny anecdote about how I got it.

Phlashbak
is a failure
Org Profile

Post by Phlashbak » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Skipping my homework to edit
First two rounds were pretty easy.... but that last one I had a bit of trouble with. The first two rounds made it very easy to come up with a concept. The last round really had me thinking of what to do.

I think it'd be cool, but you shouldn't get points. Just optional things to earn you brownie points or something because I feel like everyone will aim for extra points and not everyone may execute it well and it may end up hurting their videos. Unless the number of points awarded were negligible, then I guess it wouldn't really matter.

Chinese Food.

Hell yeah

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:56 pm

The excitement of the requirement reveals, and marathoning every round's videos with AquaMan.

The massive eye-strain headaches from editing round the clock on Fridays.

It depended on the round. The first two rounds' requirements were on the easy side, but produced lots of quality entries. The last round's requirements were pretty difficult to work with, and as a result I think that most videos fell into "action videos set to EDM" or "dance videos with obligatory death scenes".

Do You Think It Would Be More Fun If Additional Bonus Points Were Available? (Ex. Like Having Optional Bonus Requirements.)
I think a bonus requirement would be a fun addition. Maybe even have the easier requirements on the main roulette, and a second roulette spin with the more difficult requirements. Entrants could trade up to the difficult requirement for that round to gain a few bonus points (as long as it wasn't enough to unbalance it completely for people doing the basic requirement).

This was a great contest - lots of fun. I haven't checked the forums this often in a long time. Thanks for reminding me why I enjoyed this hobby so much.

If You Had Placed First, Would You Have Chosen The Giraffe As Your Prize? Our new kitten is hellbent on destroying our worldly possessions. I'd rather not give him a $100 scratching post.

CristallFairy
Org Profile

Post by CristallFairy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:26 am

ailynerie wrote:What Was Your Favorite Part of AMV Roulette?
- The variety of editors and their style.
- How by causality, the genres of the rounds were matched to create some sort of hell.
- It seems fair, it's a 'challenge' that fits the contest, after all it's tournament style without the elimination, it's only obvious that the objective gets to be not so easy to beat.
Do You Think It Would Be More Fun If Additional Bonus Points Were Available?
- I think the results are more balanced if you don't add bonus points, after all you're judging based on the talent of the editor.
- I like how everyone keeps up with their 'responsibilities' so it's a very pleasing contest rather than a disappointing one.
- hahahahaha I'm kind of rooting for the steam money though yeah if I chose the giraffe as the prize it's a funny anecdote about how I got it.
I completely agree with this one

ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Post by ChaosGod » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:05 am

Like any other contest I like a challenge ... but I have to say I usually get eliminated pretty quick (I'm best at coming in last as I say) so to be able to keep going not just as a non compete but non-elimination really was different and very exciting it made me really try to push to climb the ladder so to say
I really have no complaints (I have a suggestion later to be revealed)
Neither not too easy not too hard Juuuussssttt right lmao
Yes this should so be done like bonus points for xtra credit lol
and here is my suggestion Don't be so quick to reveal rank I think its great to show the feed back for every round but I did notice friends and others becoming discouraged because they were ranked middle or lower by the 2nd round keep up the anticipation I know you all tried in chat ("just a few points could mean a big rank jump) but still not knowing where you place currently and having feedback would help push to improve each round and why drop when you don't know if you are first or last xDD just sayin'
hahahaha Kawaiii but noo if I had someone to give it to most likely.. cuz I would think of them before myself.. but since I don't I'll be greedy and have taken the hard drive.. more anime storage afterall xDD

Azexous
has a bleak short life of editing chinese cartoons and pursuing money until his inevitable bacon coma at the age of 30
Org Profile

Post by Azexous » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 am

The group chat and being able to communicate with the other entrants.
The timing. It was kind of bad. Some compromises were done to actually provide entries.
In round 3 specifically. It was impossible. Most of the requirements in general were far out of my comfort zone.
YES. The more points the merrier.
YOUR WHEEL IS EVIL.
I am tempted to be honest, but there are far TOO MANY OPTIONS.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:55 am

Watching all those entries after you finished yours yourself. Reading the feedback from fellow editors and judges :D

Trying to force yourself on something you don't like because of 'requirement'. But that's part of it I guess.. going out of your comfort zone.

It was OK. Though I feel it would be better if you announce the requirement during the week so that we could gather Ideas and edit during the weekend.
In my case I mostly didn't know what to do when the announcement came and could not edit in the weekend - luckily I could pull all-nighters on friday.
Friday is not the best day to start an IC where you have to find a valid concept first.

No, I just think that the requirements should be graded more heavily/dynamic. Just looking if it exists and giving the points for that and then disregard that and judge the AMV by itself seems contradictory. If somebody pulls of a good Idea with the requirements and another which just made the bare minimun I would not give them the same points.

• For the love of god! Please put Comedy and Fun into a single category next time!
  • Same for Sentimental and Romance
  • or Drama and Horror for that matter
  • Add a Music Category for Funk/Jazz/Swing/Big Band
  • Allow Hentai :awesome:
  • See the stuff I've written above
I would also accept a night with Kisanzi in a love hotel.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Return to “AMV Roulette 2014”