AMV Roulette - Rules

Kimberly
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Post by Kimberly » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:11 am

Radical_Yue wrote:
slackergirl wrote:Just for clarification, is there an ACTUAL taxidermically stuffed giraffe available as a prize? Because I think that's illegal...
No giraffes were harmed in the creation of this contest.
Lmfao omg :rofl:
ImageImage

sirenaim
Org Profile

Post by sirenaim » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:24 pm

I was wondering about the special requirement: if it were to be an anime requirement, I don't think that's particularly fair all in all. Some of us (or maybe I'm only speaking for myself) won't have enough time nor a good enough download speed to acquire the required source. So perhaps it's something that should be clarified or avoided?

However, I'm up for the contest! I haven't had a chance to participate to the Quickening or POE before so this will be a nice start. :D

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:49 pm

sirenaim wrote:I was wondering about the special requirement: if it were to be an anime requirement, I don't think that's particularly fair all in all. Some of us (or maybe I'm only speaking for myself) won't have enough time nor a good enough download speed to acquire the required source. So perhaps it's something that should be clarified or avoided?

However, I'm up for the contest! I haven't had a chance to participate to the Quickening or POE before so this will be a nice start. :D
While I won't be giving out hints regarding the special requirements, I would highly suggest to have a decent sized collection at your disposable. But that applies to really all contests of this nature that require you to edit with different themes, genres, etc.

So if you're worried that you'll only have enough source material to edit maybe 2 or 3 out of the possible genres that are listed then sadly, this wouldn't be the contest for you. But, if you think you're prepared for the possibilities we've listed thus far then I'm sure you'll be creative enough to work with the special requirements.

sirenaim
Org Profile

Post by sirenaim » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:While I won't be giving out hints regarding the special requirements, I would highly suggest to have a decent sized collection at your disposable. But that applies to really all contests of this nature that require you to edit with different themes, genres, etc.

So if you're worried that you'll only have enough source material to edit maybe 2 or 3 out of the possible genres that are listed then sadly, this wouldn't be the contest for you. But, if you think you're prepared for the possibilities we've listed thus far then I'm sure you'll be creative enough to work with the special requirements.
I do have over a hundred sources but there's still a chance I might not have the anime required, if there ever is one (of course, I'm only talking about if the judges decide to ask for an entire/a certain percentage of the AMV being of one certain source). Otherwise I guess it's all good.

Thank you though. :)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

AMV Roulette - Rules

Post by ngsilver » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Will there be a place for those of us who either can't enter or ate unable to get in in time to submit non-competing entries? And I suppose info on each round handed out in a manner that we could?

Like I said. I don't see myself as having the time to edit during the finals due to VCAs and what not, but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at the first two rounds even if I'm not competing.
ImageImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:15 pm

I'd be willing to accept non-competing entries and include them in the packs for each round.

All the information on the genres and secret requirement will be released at the start of every round so the public will know about it.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:32 pm

After discussing it with Kisanzi, we've decided to make a slight adjustment to the song genre list.

What with modern country becoming more of a pop sub-genre thanks to artists such as Taylor Swift we've decided to combine Pop and Country to make a single genre. In the case of that genre being randomly selected for one of the rounds it is not required for the song to have pop elements if you choose a country artist and vice versa. So if you're a die hard fan that prefers a bottle of whiskey and an old guitar then you can stick with the artists that love to sing about it, but if not then you've got a wider range to choose from.

SVProductions
Org Profile

Post by SVProductions » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:05 am

I have college and such but I wouldn't mind attempting to compete XD

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Sound Fun ^^
Hope i get a spot and
Thanks Yue for adding\having the countdown cloak :D
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Wish you luck to whoever enters this contest!
I'll be sure to lurk around and watch people's entries.

Return to “AMV Roulette 2014”