I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Re: I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG

Post by dokidoki » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:18 am

irriadin wrote:the above video isn't showing up in the action category, even though it is eligible...
The system was set up so MEPs don't show up in the regular categories, so that 40-editor projects don't compete against solo projects. I know this one is only 3, but that was the original rationale.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:35 am

dokidoki wrote:
irriadin wrote:the above video isn't showing up in the action category, even though it is eligible...
The system was set up so MEPs don't show up in the regular categories, so that 40-editor projects don't compete against solo projects. I know this one is only 3, but that was the original rationale.
I'm guessing the way the system figures things out is...

1 editor = standard
2 editors = collab
3 editors+ = MEP

I really see the video as more a collab than an MEP, particularly because of the way it was edited. In the future, I'd like to suggest changing the definition of an MEP to be a bit less rigid. , for example, would be seen as an MEP if entered properly into the a-m-v.org catalog, when it is clearly not an MEP in the strict definition of the term. In fact... that video won "best character profile" despite having three editors... were they given a special exception, or were the rules just different back then?

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:46 pm

irriadin wrote:
dokidoki wrote:
I'm guessing the way the system figures things out is...

1 editor = standard
2 editors = collab
3 editors+ = MEP

I really see the video as more a collab than an MEP, particularly because of the way it was edited. In the future, I'd like to suggest changing the definition of an MEP to be a bit less rigid. , for example, would be seen as an MEP if entered properly into the a-m-v.org catalog, when it is clearly not an MEP in the strict definition of the term. In fact... that video won "best character profile" despite having three editors... were they given a special exception, or were the rules just different back then?

We've recently clarified the way the system works in the last year. "Three is a crowd" and therefore an MEP, not a collab.

The only reason a video that is actually an MEP and not a collab would be treated like a collab is because the administration wasn't checking into things like they should have been. The same way S.A. Robert was Rookie of the Year when he is far from it.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Fair enough, fair enough...

Now I just want to vote for Goddess of Destruction in action and I can't. Please fix so I can share my love of harsh growly vocals and people getting decapitated

Seriously though... this should be eligible. It wasn't eligible last year...

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:39 am

Well, actually, I'm wondering, why isn't lolli in Rookie of the Year and Best First Video? I can't see any way in which he wouldn't get to finals in these and I can't see him on the list.

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:40 am

He might feel offended because of this. :?
we are awesome

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:00 am

It's up to the voters after all whether someone gets to the finals or not, right?
And I doubt lolli could get offended because of something like this ;)

lolligerjoj
Org Profile

Post by lolligerjoj » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:09 am

I'm certainly not offended because of anything, I just voiced my intention of leaving these 2 categories because the system obviously failed to handle these categories fair and square in my case. Neither is ITL my first video nor am I an editing rookie. It might be true for AMVs, but it's really not fair towards the other contestants, who are actual first timers in the editing business :)
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “2014 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”