Round 2 Videos - All Groups Available

alchemymini
doesn't eat shoes
Org Profile

Re: Round 2 Videos - All Groups Available

Post by alchemymini » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:03 pm

I totally slacked last round so I’m going to write these now for Groups A-C and then do D-F later ;w; *shot*

**Group A** ( I know the results were already released for this set but this was just my ranking/reasons owo^)

Kyros~Masochistic Love
Spoiler :
Hoooolllllyy this was very well done. The problem with Bakemonogatari AMVs is they often like to rely simply on the “prettiness” of the footage and I am so happy you did not. The story was evident, sexy, twisted, everything this title promises and more. Sure, some of the effects were a bit heavy, but I honestly believe that added to the chaotic atmosphere you were creating. You are a force to be reckoned with in this competition. And I hope I see more Bakemonogatari AMVs like this in the future. You have given me hope! Great job~!
Cecco~Rapture
Spoiler :
Talk about creativity! This AMV is a work of art. Similarly to Kyros, your title could not be more appropriate. I felt what you were getting at was blatantly stated, but in such a way it’s not as obvious as you think. Which is…confusing…And amazing. Your scene selection was impeccable, and so was your flow. The only thing that got me was that effect in the second half. I know what you were getting at, but it clashed with your subtle first half. That was the only thing I could find wrong with it though! Amazing job!
Niwa~Origin
Spoiler :
I…freaking..love…this movie. And I love this AMV. It was nicely done, with great scene selection to generate a serene and also chaotic atmosphere…at the same time. Pretty tough feat if you ask me, and you did it so seamlessly. Sadly, for me it was a bit slower to the uptake compared to the other videos, and that’s why it fell to number 3 for me…Still, I can see myself rewatching this over and over.
LopezAMV~Astral Ocean
Spoiler :
Might I take a moment to say your internal sync is amazing? Cause it is. Without a doubt. The action scenes in this are absolutely flawless. I was really sucked in to those moments, and totally loved them! However, I cannot say the same for the rest of your AMV. I did not really understand the point of the change in aspect ratio. I don’t think it is necessarily a BAD touch, but for me it was just distracting and not needed. Also, in comparison to your choruses, the AMV seemed to drag. Nice edit overall though!
**Group B**
Note: I am not going to include myself in this section for obvious reasons XD

Chiisus~Random Curiosity
Spoiler :
Okay, I don’t care what you say, madam, this was a great video. You went out of the box and managed to create a truly fun video to watch! It’s exactly what the title declares it to be, and it goes with the upbeat attitude of the song. Oh, and not to mention I was laughing my butt off the entire journey! Seriously. Sit down. Shush. And accept you have a great video =w= I am glad we had this talk. The only nitpick I really have is I wish you would of used the whole song because I truly wanted to see more, but I understand why you didn’t have the time to do so. Still, in my opinion you dominated this round with your seamless editing and use of footage. Amazing job, Susie!
Xpauchan~Haruhi Has A Rather Manly Voice
Spoiler :
Okay, one. Awesome title. Two, awesome video. Seriously, the amount of time and masking that I can see that went into this video would obviously drive anyone mad in a week. You are crazy, and it worked out nice! The video instantly pulls you in (literally), and the use of the show’s original OP and you using it to create your own was a stroke of pure genius for flow! The use of text was also a nice touch, which is an easy thing to mess up, but you made work! However, I think some of your scene selection left something to be desired. For example, in my personal opinion, the scenes at 1:05 that make the scenes go into multiple boxes (I know it is part of the original footage, so no worries I am not attacking an “effect) could be done with out. They were extremely distracting and did not fit the rest of the AMV. But that is a nitpick at best. I also think the lip sync could be touched up in a couple places. Overall though, an amazing AMV!
Pockying~Scream & Shout!
Spoiler :
This was a fun AMV. A VERY fun AMV. I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t giggle at some of the timing of those hits that Kanami puts on Souske!...But that is my main problem with this. You have such a promising opening and then..it is just a bunch of Kanami hitting Souske..over…and over…and over again. Which, yes, is funny, and your timing is great, but it makes the concept a bit dull in comparison to the other videos. Chiisus also had a pretty random slapstick humor kind of video, but the difference is that while hers was varied, you relied on a lot of the same type of scenes and that made the humor seem repetitive. I really enjoyed your video overall though! Great job!
**Group C**

Kimberly~Come Alive
Spoiler :
Shannnaa *o* Okay, time to snap out of it. I believe this was the best fitting and also best edited of the videos in this particular group. It has such a nice atmosphere created by wonderful scene selection, nice subtle transitions, and pure emotion. Also, your concept is obvious and I loved you didn’t go for the whole love triangle angle and instead Shana’s own personal insecurities. Seriously, I really loved your video. Only thing that killed it for me was that fade out at the end..but it is not such a red flag that it made the entire experience unenjoyable! Awesome job, Kim!
Illeia~The Yuri-ning
Spoiler :
Holy roerughrues! I have been waiting for someone to use Penguindrum and use it well and finally all my prayers have been answered! The nice twist of forging a romance that did not even exist in the original was also quite amazing considering, if I read your description correctly, you edited this in a very short amount of time. So, dayum, props! Only thing I could say is the constant black fade outs were a bit distracting, and I wish you had given yourself a bit more time in the scene selection department to find some more fitting clips. However, like I have said maybe a gazillion times by now, those are nitpicks. I cannot deny I love this video and it was well done. Keep making awesome stuff!
Mkid~Big Brother, Little Brother
Spoiler :
This video has soooo much potential and it only fell short of the other two videos in my eyes for some very small reasons. The first being your pacing. To me sometimes it seemed to slow, sometimes too fast and needs some tweaks. Also, your anime selection was hard to work with with this kind of song, I am sure, so I give you serious props in that realm, but some of your scene selection seemed a bit…run on. If that makes any sense. I think you made a great video though and it is nice to see some originality and a different twist on the song! Great job!
Meleechampion~Overly Attached Catgirl
Spoiler :
Well, your title was fitting! And I liked the atmosphere you were going for. Your concept was crystal clear but..your execution flopped in my opinion. I do not understand the need for those empty black spaces you liked to use. I understand they were for transition purposes but they gave me more of a feeling of an unfinished AMV than a useful transition. You also had slow moving, run on scenes that did not fit at all. Like for example when they are walking in the tunnel. You could have easily made these scenes shorter or nixed them entirely. There were some moments in your AMV that really shined, but for the most part this could use a lot of improvement in scene selection, flow, and transition.

MelyoraMel
Org Profile

Post by MelyoraMel » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:49 am

blaksun wrote: Non-competing
1.AngelDragoon
2.MelyoraMel
3.Lloyd9988
4.NotReallyHere
5.Zieg Tonanami
You know, even though it's non-competing, I'm happy you ranked my video this high among them =D It was made in two small hours right before the deadline of that groupround, but I tried my best for it. Thank you~ <3

alchemymini
doesn't eat shoes
Org Profile

Post by alchemymini » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Rankings and Feedback for D-F~

**Group D**
xLunax~Time out
Spoiler :
Alright… Nassima, my sweet, you are absolutely insane. And thank god you are. I want to say that this is my favorite video, not only in the group, but in the competition so far. The creativity and amount of effort that went into this in only a week…Absolutely stunning! The story was clear, the interactions between the two characters seemed real even though they are from two different animes, and to top it all off the atmosphere you created..dear lord. This video just…I love it ;w; I can’t seem to find anything I DON’T like about it so..amazing job, girl! You terrify me~
Xophilarus~Expiration Date
Spoiler :
You took a beautiful story and made it your own. Even though the story created in your AMV is a restatement of the actual story of the anime, you added your own twists, for example the “try again” text that was a very nice touch! Your flow was great and scene selection was very nice. Honestly I had a hard time picking between yours and Luna’s at first because I loved em both, but hers was just a little more original and that is really the only thing I could say in the negative I suppose was that, although you messed a bit with the story, it was very predictable…which..if you know an anime most AMVs are …so that is hardly even applicable =w= So awesome job!
BecauseImBored1~Self-Destructive Duet
Spoiler :
I really like your attempt to make a story this time, and honestly it wasn’t too hard to follow...unless you didn’t know what you were going for beforehand. You told me prior to watching this that the concept was “split personalities” and I could plainly see that concept coming to life when I watched this AMV..however I don’t think it would be so clear if I didn’t know your concept beforehand. It is blatant enough in the verses but the choruses are just..mindless action. VERY WELL EDITED mindless action, mind you. Your sync and flow are outstanding as ever, and I wish I had your skills! The only thing that suffered though was your story in comparison with the other two videos already discussed. Great job KP!
Kireblue~Merry Nightmares
Spoiler :
Your title…I see what you did there. And what a great choice of anime! Not many people edit with YM so it was a pleasant surprise to watch your video! It made me feel like I was watching something brand new instead of something that has been beaten into the ground numerous times. However, your AMV was so slooooow in comparison to the song which kinda made it boring to watch at times, especially during the choruses. You used a lot of run on scenes as well, the fights especially. However, your scene selection was great for the most part (when you didn’t use run on scenes) and you had a nice concept! Nice job~
**Group E**

Replay Studios~I Will Shove My Love DOWN Your Throat
Spoiler :
So…is that title a promise? But, no, in all seriousness, for how much you complained about editing to this song you made something really nice! I feel like most of the AMV deviated from the opening you presented though..like at first I thought the AMV was going to be about her trying to kill him and the entire AMV was some kind of flashback but…Nah. Not that this is bad I just got slightly confused at first about what your concept was. Now I know it’s just a love story with a lot of blood =w= Your effects were all nice and the flow was nice. Seriously, only thing I can complain about is your story has a confusing narrative. Which maybe it doesn’t even need. Great job Replay~!
SVProductions~My Only
Spoiler :
At first I had a suuupperrr hard time deciding between this one and Chaos Lv99. It came down to the editing for me. Your flow was so much smoother and the AMV was entertaining to watch, especially during the choruses. The only pitfall was your concept was…shaky. It went from…love triangle to Ranka, Ranka…more Ranka. But regardless, it was an amazing AMV with very high replay value! Awesome job~
Chaos Lv99~Baby Don’t Worry
Spoiler :
Why do I never get tired of Chuunibyou? It is so refreshing to see every time for some reason…maybe I just have a screw loose…THAT ASIDE I feel you went the most traditional route this round with showing a basic love story, and that was all that was necessary. Which was nice and also the reason I really liked your video. Sadly some of your transitions weren’t as good and some of your scenes seemed random and jarring beside the love story you were creating. Nice one overall though!
Sakuraslight~Down
Spoiler :
First off, this was a very interesting choice in anime. You had some nice graphics at your disposal and I liked the little spots of technical detail in your video! However…those constant flashes. They made the video an unpleasant watching experience and they weren’t even consistent. Some were on beats and some on the lyrics…pick one or the other. It is hard enough with the constant flashing, no matter how subtle. Also, I had a hard time grasping exactly what you were going for…your scene selection was really odd to me, except for the scenes of literal lyric sync (which were a nice touch) which made it pale in comparison to some of the other entries. Nice video though!
**Group F**

Aerialesque~Clash of Dreams
Spoiler :
Now THIS is how to do a Merry AMV! All the feels right here! Your sync was great, your flow was awesome, and the concept was a solid rock wall that I don’t even need to try and topple over. You made one of those videos you don’t want to look away from, and to be honest this is one of my favorite videos of the competition right after Nassima’s. I wish I could edit action like this. Also, thank you so much for focusing on internal sync, those kind of videos are very addicting and yours is no different! Amazing job!
Fall_Child42~I’m All Outta Wub
Spoiler :
It was really nice to see something so serious from you! This was a great character profile AMV and it suited the music so very well! The only thing I can really complain about is the use of the movie and show..seems like it clashes a little to me, but that is more a personal preference I suppose. I just think it would have been more consistent that way. But overall really great editing! I really enjoyed this video a lot!
madaraxD~Burning Heart
Spoiler :
This had such a nice opening! Sucks you in and is so pretty! The action sequences are nice as well but then…Oh lawd my eyes! Seriously, the effects in this video made it hard to tell what was going on at times for me at all ;w; I liked your video and the flow was awesome, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea I guess T-T

Return to “The Quickening 2013”