Round 1 Results - Complete!

xDreww
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 Results - Group C Available

Post by xDreww » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:48 am

lloyd9988 wrote:I disagree with the results :P
:rofl: After talking smack about someone not advancing.
Karma.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 Results - Group C Available

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:21 am

xDreww wrote:
lloyd9988 wrote:I disagree with the results :P
:rofl: After talking smack about someone not advancing.
Karma.
talking smack?? about what??

AmvLuna
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 Results - Complete!

Post by AmvLuna » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:25 am

the judges are so weird...ok one group, two group..but now i'm scared |:>

AmvLuna
Org Profile

Post by AmvLuna » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:30 am

xLunax wrote:the judges are so weird...ok one group, two group..but now i'm scared |:>
I am not going to deny but seriously? Mamo and Fall-Child does not deserve this ranking. I'm kinda dissapointed about this even FadingSunDown could be at least 4th

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:40 am

FadingSundown wrote:Cant believe I lost to the game... I enjoyed it too for one time, but I thought it was a troll entry. Besides I also thought game footage was not allowed, I mean .hack, those are anime game/films, but this was Zelda and stuff. Was my scene selection btw that bad : /? I followed the lyrics, stayed at sync but lost. Sorry for the rant, but im not very pleased considering the time and effort I put into it.

Anyway, congratz to those who made it to round 2.
I did put Fall_Child's vid over yours in my placing, so guess I'm gonna explain why.
I suppose this is a situation where the concept wins over everything else. Putting the allowance of video game footage aside, I found the video hilarious and immensly enjoyable. Troll videos are actually also videos and when the troll works out and it actually IS funny, it's a HUGE plus for the vid. I didn't know how other judges would see it so I placed it in the winning 4 to appreciate that awesome trolling.
When we look at sync - in your video it's alright and that's all. There are cuts in places where they should be but isn't it the same with Fall_Child's vid? It has quite a lot of internal sync actually and it's obvious he couldn't rape us with cuts with this choice of footage. Lyric sync? It was noticable in a few moments in your vid but since the song's lyrics are 'general' and basically any upbeat romantic scenes would fit them, the literal sync Fall_Child used was more entertaining for kinda obvious reasons.
Your video has some pretty decent editing, source choice and scene selection. But it's exactly what everyone would expect with this type of song. It has a few minuses like pretty noticable song cut, poor lip sync and a few other tiny flaws. Fall_Child's vid was kind of a do-or-die. His vid was the most original in the pack, made me laugh and I don't think I'm gonna forget that vid for quite long while your vid was just another typical romantic edit. Don't get me wrong, it was decent and it was something expected for this kind of song. But because of that, the other vid surprised me in a positive way and that's why I decided to put it above yours.

Just sayin'
Btw I was hesitating a damn lot while judging this group and I don't think I'd ever be sure whether my placing was right.

And it's supposed to be fun after all! If you sincererly believe your vid was better than the ones who won - alright! Everyone has their taste and judging will never be totally objective. Maybe you're unlucky cause all 5 judges accidentally did like something more in another vid than yours, and what was in yours wasn't particularly interesting while for others it would be. Come on, I don't think any of judges puts placings randomly or 'ahh, I'm sad today so I'm gonna place the worst vid as 1st today cause I'm sad'. This is my first judging ever, I place vids the way I think they should be placed. If you disagree about my choice, then sorry, luck isn't on your side.

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:23 am

Centurione wrote:stuff + If you disagree about my choice, then sorry, luck isn't on your side.
I feel like you went a bit too far with your comments there, what you said came across as a harsh to me.
But that's just me.
Rawr desu <3

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:27 am

sorry for the double post,

It doesn't matter if it's just funny, judging is based on other areas too, I was once about how you shouldn't judge based on how much you liked a video, you need to focus on other stuff too and being in the Quickening I noticed this a lot more. I did like Todd's video, and I'm glad it got through but for me Fading was in the top 4. Like I said, that's just me.
Rawr desu <3

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:34 am

Chiiisus wrote: I feel like you went a bit too far with your comments there, what you said came across as a harsh to me.
But that's just me.
Nah, now as I read it, it is harsh. Sorry for that, that was kind of too... straight :sweat:

Anyway, what I mean, is that at least I do my best in judging, I try to be fair. That's true judging should be based on particular criteria but in my opinion, it's better to look at the video as a whole. Cause when you just type out pluses and minuses and for example one minus will ruin the whole video and in other vid there are like 4 typed out but none of them is something big, it gets kinda disproportional. That's why I look at vids more overall.

With that luck, I was trying to say that I might actually suck as a judge, who knows, but well, I think it would be better if I said it as 'it's not your fault but also not mine'. Sorry for that once again. Hope you get my point :sweat:

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 am

Centurione wrote: I did put Fall_Child's vid over yours in my placing, so guess I'm gonna explain why.
I suppose this is a situation where the concept wins over everything else. Putting the allowance of video game footage aside, I found the video hilarious and immensly enjoyable. Troll videos are actually also videos and when the troll works out and it actually IS funny, it's a HUGE plus for the vid. I didn't know how other judges would see it so I placed it in the winning 4 to appreciate that awesome trolling.
When we look at sync - in your video it's alright and that's all. There are cuts in places where they should be but isn't it the same with Fall_Child's vid? It has quite a lot of internal sync actually and it's obvious he couldn't rape us with cuts with this choice of footage. Lyric sync? It was noticable in a few moments in your vid but since the song's lyrics are 'general' and basically any upbeat romantic scenes would fit them, the literal sync Fall_Child used was more entertaining for kinda obvious reasons.
Your video has some pretty decent editing, source choice and scene selection. But it's exactly what everyone would expect with this type of song. It has a few minuses like pretty noticable song cut, poor lip sync and a few other tiny flaws. Fall_Child's vid was kind of a do-or-die. His vid was the most original in the pack, made me laugh and I don't think I'm gonna forget that vid for quite long while your vid was just another typical romantic edit. Don't get me wrong, it was decent and it was something expected for this kind of song. But because of that, the other vid surprised me in a positive way and that's why I decided to put it above yours.
I dont think a vid should be about how much fun it was to watch. In contest like these, it should be about everything at once, the editing, the sync and such. And the sync in FallChilds vid is rather slow, of you listen to the music. I am not attacking his/her video, and I hope that the editor does not feel that way. But I am stating my personal opinion here. I did put lyric sync in my video, and yes the lyrics are general, but I dont think that literal sync is more entertaining than 'obvious reasons'. I think you got kind of sick of this song too, and that his vid was a good break from the romantic videos in the pack. I truly believe that many people found it entertaining. But to bias your judgement on how much it was entertaining is kind of shallow in my view. Centurione quote: ''Your video has some pretty decent editing, source choice and scene selection. But it's exactly what everyone would expect with this type of song. Your vid was just another typical romantic edit.'' Doesnt that apply to most of the editor edits in the pack? I mean, the Air AMV seemed more generic than mine I think, and Im not saying I should be 2nd, and Im not attacking Mamo, but your reasoning seems opposite with your judging. And yes, the AMV I made is something you expect with this song, because it fits.
Centurione wrote:Just sayin'
Btw I was hesitating a damn lot while judging this group and I don't think I'd ever be sure whether my placing was right.

And it's supposed to be fun after all! If you sincererly believe your vid was better than the ones who won - alright! Everyone has their taste and judging will never be totally objective. Maybe you're unlucky cause all 5 judges accidentally did like something more in another vid than yours, and what was in yours wasn't particularly interesting while for others it would be. Come on, I don't think any of judges puts placings randomly or 'ahh, I'm sad today so I'm gonna place the worst vid as 1st today cause I'm sad'. This is my first judging ever, I place vids the way I think they should be placed. If you disagree about my choice, then sorry, luck isn't on your side.
The first half of your post was quite friendly, but this half has a mindset that gives of: 'Im the judge here, and I don't care if you agree or not.' And im not attacking you here, but you could bring it friendlier. I don't think my AMV was particulary much better than the others, but it seems like you just threw editing/sync out of the judging, and based everything on concept or how much you enjoyed it. Which is, in my opinion, not how it should be or how it should appear to be. And I dont base this solely on the result from group F. In some of the groups the judging seems a tad off too. For instance, in group C. The vid with pure sync won over the amv which had a good story and sync. And I am not mad or anything, but I just disagree. I am not disregarding any of the other editors, and I hope I've made that clear, but I cant agree with the placing that has been giving.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 am

Seriously, I really feel bad about that first post now and I'm saying sorry for it once again.

I chose bad words for that second part and it was my mistake. Well, I think I explained that clearly in the previous post, didn't mean to harm anyone with it (kinda didn't turn out, hope I will be forgiven).

I judge the way I think is alright and I'm going to continue it. I do what I think is best with it, I do my best to be fair but opinions will always differ. That's why we have a few judges, right?

We disagree in a few points here and it can't be helped. Sorry once again, I behaved pretty badly there.

Return to “The Quickening 2013”