Org Profile

Re: Round 1 Videos

Post by alchemymini » Sun May 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Oooohh~! Can't wait to see what everyone did! *downloads*

Drango
Org Profile

Post by Drango » Sun May 26, 2013 1:30 pm

*grabs* I think this will be interesting to watch!

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:42 pm

How exciting! :3 Looking forward to seeing all the creativity.

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Sun May 26, 2013 1:54 pm

interesting videos ^^

Pockying
Org Profile

Post by Pockying » Sun May 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Yay, commentary!!

Blacksun - Sisters of War
Spoiler :
Good video, interesting anime choice, but it was missing a lot of impact. Some scenes dragged on long (especially the last fight scene) and I didn't understand the storyline much. An end fade would have been better than cutting it off also D: but the song seems hard to cut for it to end appropriately
Cecco - Out of Control
Spoiler :
Good atmosphere. Only thing I noticed was the chorus was a tad too fast sometimes. There were some spot-on nicely synced parts in there O: I didn't notice the song cut, so great job there!
Kyros - Astral Notes
Spoiler :
Nice video, the crossovers were interesting.. the end was really random with SherylxAlto because he wasn't even in any part of the video (that I noticed) prior but I could see why you ended it with that clip. Song cuts were noticeable but they flowed nicely. I like that you used mecha!! :up:
Lloyd9988 - Guardian and Treasure
Spoiler :
I like the anime choice, however it feels like not many episodes were used.. most of it feels like the same. There were some really good parts, but also some just okay parts. Song cut needed work. More action, more impact would have built this AMV up I think D:
Mystery Editor 1 - Majesty
Spoiler :
Some great lyric sync: :04, :07, :29, :31, 1:09, 2:20. Everything was really even in term of pacing and sync so great job there. Nothing too fast, too slow :up: Had great impact, flow, excellent scene choice =P nicely done! Song end and fade need some work lol
Mystery Editor 3 - Exodus
Spoiler :
Great scene selection lol O: Flow was pretty nice, but I think your cuts were a little too fast. Also 1:35 has opening credits on it, you should have probably just replaced that clip. Song cuts were sudden. Storyline is pretty chronological which I like a lot (but haven't seen this anime either lol) Good job, this is a good anime choice to have used O:
Nivedo - Reality Getaway
Spoiler :
The anime was missing impact so the footage seems a little weak to me... But it was well done, nice song cuts. The atmosphere was really good, but I felt if it was a different anime it would have captivated me more D:
that being said, the videos are all pretty good! Good luck all!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun May 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Mystery Editor 1 has chosen to reveal himself.

Welcome LopezAMV!

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun May 26, 2013 5:44 pm

I haven't seen all the videos yet, but I will when I get home. For now, I wanna leave comments on the vids I have already seen just cause :p

Cecco: it was alright. I personally think that the video was too fast-paced in comparison to the song. It was hard to see what was going on some of the time, and I couldn't really see the story that you were trying to convey.

Lloyd: there were a lot of scenes that dragged on, but it wasn't too bad. The vid was definitely improved from the previous version you showed me.

Lopez: the atmosphere was great. I really like how this was edited. Though some parts in the second half were a bit flat and lacking as compared to the former half

I will write my thoughts for the rest when I get a chance to see em (:
ImageImage

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun May 26, 2013 5:54 pm

That moment when "I'm done for" will stop ringing in my ear... :uhoh:

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Alrighty~ TIme for a review... even though I'm competing...

I'll just give a heads up right now, I love all the AMVs. What I hate is that almost all the competitors editors chose generic sources. ;___;

Blaksun:
Spoiler :
Those jaded edges are killing me ;__; I didn't like it. Second, didn't seem like you had a real concept that you were following... Just following a lyric synch. The editing wasn't that good either. No real internal synch and the ending... ugh... sorry Blak, but end it better bro! xD

However, you did maintain a certain flow in certain parts... but the change in between is so drastic that... I just can't follow a concept... sorry ^_^;;; I did, however, like that you chose a non-generic source and still tried so you get a big positive from me, but you need to improve that editing dude! xD
Cecco:
Spoiler :
Alright, first time I watched it I was like... "Ok.... what the heck is this about??" xD then I read your story and I was like "OHHHH!!!!! I get it!" :lol:

Anyway, I really love your concept! Your AMV follows the song in a unique fashion. Editing is great, but the ending was too slow. It fits your concept, but because of how static the scene was and how fast your AMV was moving, the ending felt like it was just there... Another problem I had was in between 1:00 - 1:04, the amount of movement and scene changes were much faster than the original pace of the video. However, your concept truly carries you throughout the whole AMV and makes watching this AMV amazing. :up:

My advice, when you finish the quickening, work on this video. I find this video amazing already and, if you work on making the video flow even better, you'll learn so much just from fixing up this video after the quickening. That and I want to see you make something even more amazing from this AMV :3

Also, try a non-generic source next time. ;D Challenge yourself a little more and see what you can come up with!
Kyros:
Spoiler :
I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!! I was told to watch out for you, and now I can see why. *^*

The concept is so obvious and the video flow is great! You have a girl who needs to be saved and her friends are trying to save her, no matter what.

Positives: *Concept is strong and moves forward throughout the AMV*

*Scenes are picked carefully, however, certain scenes feel like they should be left out*

*Internal synch at certain parts makes the mood of the AMV continually flow*

*Song cuts are good and hit only the points where you really only need to focus on the concept of the AMV while the short ones are only there just to move the AMV along.*

*Generic sources mashed together to give a simple concept*

Negatives: *The Ending... Yes, its a good ending because it ends the concept perfectly... but, I guess, as a person who has seen plenty of Macross Frontier AMVs and have also seen Infinite Stratos, I instantly thought she was kissing another guy at the end. xD

*Certain scenes at certain spots: For example, 1:24 - 1:28, It might've been a better idea to put scenes about why the guy is even screaming instead of Sheryl again...*

*Crossfades with Sheryl: I didn't really mind the crossfades too much, only that I feel that there could've been a better way to portray Sheryl instead of adding her into the scenes themselves.*

*Certain effects are a little unnecessary: Like 2:22, yeah that effect was ok because it was good to transition, but, at 2:25, the effect seems unnecessary along with the moon effect scene. :P

Honestly... I loved this AMV, my only problem is that the AMV needs to be twerked up on its editing and scene selections. Hell, it can even be improved if the editor finds a way to do it. :3 Anyway, good AMV, definitely my favorited among all of the other AMVs I've seen this round. Good job!

Also, another note: Yeah, these are very generic sources with maybe one sem-generic source
Lloyd:
Spoiler :
LOL I'm perfect! I don't need to check mine! ;D

jk. Anyway, its too early for me to give an accurate evaluation of my AMV honestly... So... I'm going to skip mine and I'll just give myself a self evaluation later. I know mine is far from perfect, especially with the editing, but I can't see why yet because I just finished editing it.
Lopez:
Spoiler :
Generic source. I honestly planned on editing with Guilty Crown myself... but I chose against it for some reason. ^_^;;; Anyway, Critique Time!

Positives: *Editing is almost spot on! That's what I always love about your videos! They always have good editing and flow.*

*There is a sense of a concept being followed, though not completely understandable*

*Dat internal SYNCH!!! Especially at 1:38 - 1:40 and 1:45 - 1:48. F*cking awesome! *O* Maybe add some more camera shakes after the tower just to flow the same motion after wards*

Negatives:*Generic Source... Luckily, isn't just a bunch of opening scenes! xD

*I can't completely follow your concept. I understand people are being taken over, and that there's only one guy that can save them. But your follow through with your scenes makes me confused. For example: From the beginning to 1:05, I followed through completely, but.. Right after that, I instantly thought: "Ok... Why is he on a train platform?..." and, suddenly afterwards at 1:10, I thought: "Dafuq??!! 0.o Why the hell is he running through fire with a girl?!" Then, suddenly afterwards, I thought: "DAFUQ???!!!! O_O Why is she falling from the sky and why is he trying to grab her?! I don't understand!!!!". After that, I understood what was going on. The main concept was being followed again, which is cool. But... right after 2:22, I was wondering where the main girl went. I'll just add it as something different because I think I see what happened...

*2:00, everything before was going great, even the great tragedy of the main girl, however, at 2:29, I was expecting the girl to disappear... I don't know who this random guy is, or where he even came from?! 0.o The girl, however, should've had a longer lasting tragedy so it sinks into the viewer's eye that she's gone, for good. And it should also sink into the main guy as well so everyone will see that she has disappeared and that he is extremely sad. Trust me, it adds for amazing suspense because everyone will relate to the guy as well.* ;D

*2:32 - 2:39: Random scenes that do nothing for the concept. Great editing... but those scenes don't help your concept*

*Also, 0:52 - 0:54: Obviously sped up. Just sayin'

Overall, however, I see great potential for this AMV! Your editing is nearly great (Soft and Subtle is the way to go). However, you need to build your concept better if your holding a concept for your AMV. Know what your trying to achieve and achieve it the best way possible. Editing is great and is hard to do for a lot of people (Especially me), but if your concept is flat, then the video will be just a bunch of random action scenes. Build your concept better and you won't be disappointed. If concept isn't something you want to achieve, then that's fine too. I do believe you'll make it to the next round but, please... build your concept. :P
Mystery Editor:
Spoiler :
Positives: *I was wondering why I wasn't finding the same problem with your video that I had with Lopez's AMV and I actually figured it out. Its because your concept is actually being followed completely. Yeah, some scenes are misplaced and don't follow completely, especially the beginning, but the story follows completely between both the main character and the girl. She was good but someone made her evil and and now he has to save her. I give you a major positive because of this :up: Every negative fails to deter me from agreeing why this AMV shouldn't go on to the next round.

Negatives: *Generic Source... You generic bastard...* :P

*0:20 - 0:44: Random, but I love it because it gets all the action out of the way saying: "Yeah, there's amazing action in this anime, but this anime is so much more than just some action scenes... It also has a plot!" So, I hate that part, but that part acts as a prologue to the AMV so I'm grateful for that. xD

*Song changes change the mood of the AMV too this sequence: "Flowing Opening ---> Very fast Action scenes ---> Fast slowy parts ----> Readying for the amazing build-up ----> Amazing Build up ----> Slow down?!... (Just roll with it...) ----> Readying for another amazing build up... ----> Slow Ending.

The change in mood affected my view on this AMV because... You just don't build me up for an awesome action scene and then throw in a slow part! You just don't!* ;___;

Sadly... however... I give you the title of "Risk-Taker" for this because you changed the mood of the AMV just so you could follow the concept. I do still believe you should move on to the next round :3

But the next time you do that.... Your mine |:<
Nivedo:
Spoiler :
Kay... I already know what I feel is wrong with this AMV, in my opionon... and its the same thing that happened Lopez. But, I'll give you some positives first. xD

Positives: 1:18 - 1:21 Good Lyric synch. I like it.

*You have a sense of what scenes belong where... Especially in 1:50 - 2:10, You knew that the AMV was ending right there so you slowed it down by a lot, but the major negative should point out what I thought was the major problem of this AMV and I really think that knowing what was wrong will help you immensely.*

*An AMV that didn't take itself too seriously. Which is a good thing in certain cases, especially if your either making a funny AMV or just an AMV that you know everyone will edit something serious but you won't.*

*A good ending*

Alright, onto the negatives, and, if you hate me... Sorry, but that's how I feel. |:

Negatives: *First of all... I hate generic sources... and this one is no exception...*

*Major problem with this AMV, I feel, was that you wanted to just edit with action. And, yeah, that would be fine if your just trying to edit an awesome actiony feel AMV. However, you have no true concept your trying to follow. What I mean by that is that you don't have a story your trying to portray. Think about it, at the beginning of your AMV, you were following the story of the blue-haired girl and then you went straight into the action. I mean, what was the point of her fighting that girl at at 0:22?? What is the point of her fighting the blond-haired girl?? You get it?? There has to be a reason why they're fighting. "She took my toys. That f*ckin' b*tch!", or "She killed my boyfriend!" or just something as simple as a sparring match between friends. Just give me a freakin' reason! xD Just kinda know what you want your concept to be and build your concept~ :3

If you want a good example of concept, watch Kyros' AMV. He did a good job explaining it. So did Cecco (but you have to read his story of the AMV first in the AMV Announcement thread, otherwise, it'll be hard to understand). xD Mystery Editor also did it so watch those and you'll hopefully see what I mean. :P

If you don't happen to like what I said... Sorry ^_^;;;
Alright.... someone's gonna kill me but whatever~ o 3 o

Alright, The order of people ranking for me is as follows:

1st: Kyros
2nd: Mystery Editor (For taking a risk)
3rd: Cecco
4th: Lopez
5th: Blakesun
6th:Nivedo

Alright.... That was a good two hours wasted! owo Time to go do stuff now :3

Return to “The Quickening 2013”