P.O.E Season 3 : Finals - "Persona"

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Finals - "Persona"

Post by Animated » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Now, waiting for the results |:> Let me steal a famous quote from a sci-fi movie

"Whoever wins... we lose"

...yeah, it all led to this :D And then, we'll just wait for the next OrgEditor... one with less drama (I'll calm my tits next time... promise.) and more famous editors joining. Don't get me wrong, when you have in mind that you have to surpass Shin or... Umika or whoever known editor joins to get to the next round, you're 200% more motivated to create something beautiful! (...that reminds me of something...) Not that we had a problem with drops this time, but many things were said about the quality of videos. Who knows what happens next time! :awesome:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Animated wrote:Don't get me wrong, when you have in mind that you have to surpass Shin or... Umika or whoever known editor joins to get to the next round, you're 200% more motivated to create something beautiful! (...that reminds me of something...) Not that we had a problem with drops this time, but many things were said about the quality of videos. Who knows what happens next time! :awesome:
On the flip side of that, you also get a lot of "Oh, [famous editor] is making a video, why bother trying? They're going to win just because of who they are. buhuhu~"

Not that any of that is right, but it's a common enough complaint to come up at least a few times a year. It gets funny when the person who caused those drops ends up dropping too, sure, but it just goes to show there's always gonna be something to complain about.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Animated wrote:...yeah, it all led to this :D And then, we'll just wait for the next OrgEditor... one with less drama (I'll calm my tits next time... promise.) and more famous editors joining. Don't get me wrong, when you have in mind that you have to surpass Shin or... Umika or whoever known editor joins to get to the next round, you're 200% more motivated to create something beautiful! (...that reminds me of something...) Not that we had a problem with drops this time, but many things were said about the quality of videos. Who knows what happens next time! :awesome:
I agree that it's a bit more exciting when you're editing and you know who to look out for and are constantly motivated to go the extra mile.
Kitsuner wrote:On the flip side of that, you also get a lot of "Oh, [famous editor] is making a video, why bother trying? They're going to win just because of who they are. buhuhu~"
I've never agreed with the people that think like this with these contests. But at least the people that don't sign up from your example would leave more room for people with Animated's reasoning. So in the end, it's still good to have some famous names in there to draw in the right competition. The challengers from any other type of competition in the world don't stop competing because the champion returns to defend their title, so why should an online AMV contest be any different? :)
Kitsuner wrote:On the flip side of that, you also get a lot of "Oh, [famous editor] is making a video, why bother trying? They're going to win just because of who they are. buhuhu~"
I don't think that people just win because of who they are. Those well known names are well known because of the reputation of quality. So poop on the editors that consider not participating because they think that [famous editor] is just going to get cheap votes without trying. I don't think those types people are in it to have fun anyways, they just want to win.

I'm also sad that some people had issues with the quality of videos this time around. I thought there were some good ones in there, but I think everyone's expectations are a bit high for this thing since last year spawned some VCA winning videos. IMHO, I can't say that I can create my greatest work in one week. As I mentioned back at the end of Orgeditor Season 2, for me personally, this is just a fun experience for me to motivate myself back into the editing habit and experiment with the time and themes that are provided. Sometimes it yields amazing products and sometimes it doesn't. Just like the shows that this contest is based on, not every winner of American Idol or Project Runway produce solid gold while on the show and go on to being the next big thing, and I don't expect that if I happen to be following the show each season. That lightning only strikes in very few cases, but the fun comes from the experience of participating in the contest itself and, as a fan, keeping up with what the the contestants make each round and showing your support.

I think that participating in these types of contests is a good thing from time to time for an editor because it's much easier to have fun when editing since the goal isn't about dropping months of time and work into making the next amazing award winning video. As with last year, I fully endorse this contest as a great way to get back into the mindset of having fun with your AMV editing and getting that extra motivation needed to tackle much larger and challenging endeavors in the future. Whether or not I continue participating, I'll always support the editors involved in this and similar competitions knowing exactly what they have to go through and the thrill of seeing the creativity, effort, and fun that they can squeeze into their videos each round.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:11 pm

There's also the ever present NEET advantage. Unless you possess a large amount of talent, there's no overcoming that.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Can Hamstar win??

Cause she followed the theme exactly and really made a video about her persona ._.

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 pm

I was expecting draw my life sort of videos, except using anime to tell a story.

Either way, both videos were really nice and I honestly don't know whose video I would like to win. XD
Spoiler :
This OrgEditor is still the most disappointing in terms of the themes they were given and also the videos that were released. I always expect something amazing in the final. :( That's just my opinion though.
Good luck! :up:
Rawr desu <3

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Spoiler :
I'm not trying to talk bad about anyone or any videos (this isn't aimed at anyone in particular) but people keep mentioning how this Org Editor isn't as good as the others. Beyond the fact that it's just supposed to be for fun and the goal isn't to churn out VCA winners....I honestly can't really remember any other years of Org Editor that well beyond a video here or there. Last year brought Creating Something Beautiful, Ivy Bridge, and some other Shin videos that I only remember because I was forced to watch them a million times. Shin, you're a troll and a whore and I'm buying you a drink at AWA. :3 Beyond that, there were some Ileia videos and I don't remember anything else. Did I miss some revolutionary years of Org Editor that make this year look like a bunch of people who were trying to have fun but miserably wasted everyone's time?....

Like I said, it's not against anyone but with the way everyone is putting it I feel like people trying to have fun was some kind of major disappointment. I haven't always paid attention to Org Editor but if I missed something I'd really appreciate someone pointing it out. I'm being totally honest and sincere here because if there are some like, life changing videos out there that were made in a week then I really want to see them.

I'm looking forward to next year though when people join to have fun to the extreme as opposed to the lame attempt at making videos while having fun from this year. We obviously just didn't have fun hard enough.

Edit: I didn't see a whole lot of non-competing entries. If we were so busy disappointing everyone I wish someone would have made a VCA winning noncompeting video to show us how it's all done.
Even if I don't personally enjoy all the videos (not always my cup of tea) you guys put hard work and passion into your videos. So even though I didn't like everything, that doesn't mean everything was bad. You joined, regardless of skill level, had a good time and made videos you should be proud of. I had an amazing time talking with ALL of the entrants, seriously, you guys were REALLY cool. Even if you were eliminated in the first round with the lowest ranking video, you still tried and you deserve thanks for that, (once more) even if I didn't like your video. I commend you all for trying and sticking out the tough editing schedule to finish with almost no drops. So even if I didn't personally enjoy your video or find any amazing diamonds in the rough, I'd still say this was a successful Org Editor. Batshit goofy themes and all :P (You know I <3 you Code.) People joined, they made videos, they talked with other editors, they got into heated conversations, posted pictures of puppies, and overall had some fun. |:>

Thank you again to all the other entrants and Code. Come to AWA. Drinks on Yue. :bear:

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 pm

wll u get me drunk youe :beer:
ImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Kimberly wrote:wll u get me drunk youe :beer:
Only if you wear your prom dress ;D