P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Post by AngelDragoon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm

So...are there going to be judge comments posted? I mean, I don't mind if they aren't, or if there aren't any to speak of. I'm just curious.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 pm

They are already posted. Check the bottom of the sheet, you can switch tabs!

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm

OH! Don't know how I missed that. :sweat: Thanks for pointing that out!

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:44 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:
pacotacoshell wrote:Sooooooooooooooooooooo.....19 really didn't get dq'd? lol.

I can't disqualify it for a rule that does not exist. Using footage from other AMVs isn't in my rules, so I can't just do it because I disagree with the practice.

I haven't typed it out yet, but there will be an addition to the rules regarding this for all of my future contests and for the rest of this contest. There will be a pm sent out tonight too. I just want to word it correctly, and I'm technically still at work. :uhoh:
BUT IT'S THE AMV EDITING STANDARD. :l

If these people can't respect other editors to at least ASK before they take our edits then they shouldn't be in this contest. I'd rather see some of the people that got eliminated that actually tried editing their vid and worked hard to get to the next round instead of the LAMEST. GUY. EVER. And it's not even your fault Code, because it shouldn't need to be mentioned. This isn't the freaking King of Spayn people, JESUS H. FUCKING CHRIST.
>>> Implying that what we do as editors not asking for permission to use the audio/video sources and their creative work is somehow different....
ImageImageImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:

I can't disqualify it for a rule that does not exist. Using footage from other AMVs isn't in my rules, so I can't just do it because I disagree with the practice.

I haven't typed it out yet, but there will be an addition to the rules regarding this for all of my future contests and for the rest of this contest. There will be a pm sent out tonight too. I just want to word it correctly, and I'm technically still at work. :uhoh:
Well, technically it is in the rules already...
CodeZTM wrote:All AMVs entered into this contest must meet a-m-v.org standards of uploading. Meaning that if it cannot be uploaded to a-m-v.org, you cannot enter it into our contests.
A-M-V.org Standards of Uploading's List of WHAT YOU SHOULD [i]NOT[/i] UPLOAD wrote:Videos using someone else's editing. All the editing work in the video must be your own - any footage edited by another music video creator must only be used with their consent and with full credit given to their work.
This is indeed the case, I had overlooked that. Let me speak with the editors involved in detail and do a small investigation and I'll have my ruling by tonight.

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Post by RAWdangers » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:56 pm

GuntherAMVs wrote:
RAWdangers wrote:you really like the big D don't you x333
I must not~
Otherwise I wouldn't be dating you, your Asianness~
OOOOH BURN OMGH~
hai, hai, miss yellow fever xPPPP
Regardless, I still meet both of your needs x3333

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:15 pm

RAWdangers wrote:hai, hai, miss yellow fever xPPPP
Regardless, I still meet both of your needs x3333
Ohohohoho, just barely~~ :roll:
Try not to flatter yourself~
Your head is big enough as it is without the help, ne~~?
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Kitsuner wrote:I love that AimoAio and Kimberly gave my video 69 points. Great job, ladies. :ying:
Totally unintentional. :uhoh:
pacotacoshell wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:

BUT IT'S THE AMV EDITING STANDARD. :l

If these people can't respect other editors to at least ASK before they take our edits then they shouldn't be in this contest. I'd rather see some of the people that got eliminated that actually tried editing their vid and worked hard to get to the next round instead of the LAMEST. GUY. EVER. And it's not even your fault Code, because it shouldn't need to be mentioned. This isn't the freaking King of Spayn people, JESUS H. FUCKING CHRIST.
I had that video marked because I had a feeling it was using footage from other AMVs, (I mean for a start, those transitions look too suspicious for just a week's worth of work) except I didn't know where from. So in the end I judged it without any regards to where the editor obtained the source. But yeah I guess I should have asked about it.

Anyway if anyone wants a more detailed breakdown/opinion on how I scored your video, feel free to PM me about it. :) Looking forward to seeing your R2 videos! ^^

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
CodeZTM wrote: Pwolf (Drop)
?
When I signed up I thought I would have time to edit. I do not, which is evident in the incomplete video I ended up turning in. To continue on, and potentially do the same thing in the future while also potentially knocking out those who can/are putting in more effort and time into their videos isn't fair. So I decided to drop from the competition.

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
CodeZTM wrote: Pwolf (Drop)
?
When I signed up I thought I would have time to edit. I do not, which is evident in the incomplete video I ended up turning in. To continue on, and potentially do the same thing in the future while also potentially knocking out those who can/are putting in more effort and time into their videos isn't fair. So I decided to drop from the competition.
You are a good guy pwolf

Or lady

Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”