P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Pwolf wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote: To be fair, each judge's scale is personal preference for everything. You shouldn't score by formula, it renders the human aspect worthless.
So, would you consider my hypothetical situation fair then?
In theory, yes, that could happen, and there's nothing preventing it from happening, but code is supposed to choose judges that won't do that - kinda nullifying it as a problem.
Everyone prioritizes things that contribute to those broad categories differently. That's what makes judges unique. Personal enjoyment plays a factor in how harshly you focus on perceived flaws under the categories laid out, and things like Originality (of your finished product, not of your source choices, that's just stupid) can heavily influence how you rate it.

EDIT - clarity
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm

kireblue wrote:If all the judges were supposed to follow such a strict set of rules on how to score, whats the point of having multiple ones? We all would give the exact same score right? Is anyone suggesting that future Org Editor competitions are judged by just Code?
The rules aren't that strict. They only outline how the judges will score each category... within those guidelines there's plenty of room for varying opinion but you have to follow the guidelines as they are laid out, otherwise it should just be code judging all the videos. If no one follows the guidelines, then it really doesn't matter who judges. It's more or less a toss-up.

I have no ill-will towards any for any of the judges nor am I telling them how to do their job. At this point I'm merely defending my point of view that if the judges are given clear instructions, they shouldn't deviate from them. If the rules are open for interpretation, then so be it. It's no loss to anyone except for me.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Pwolf wrote:It's no loss to anyone except for me.
And the other seven people who got eliminated.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Or however many people it was, I dunno. I can only count things if Tommy posts them.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Post by RAWdangers » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Kitsuner wrote:Or however many people it was, I dunno. I can only count things if Tommy posts them.
Judge judging judgement judgmental judge judge judge

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”