2013 VCA General Discussions

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: 2013 VCA General Discussions

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Ok.

So we are looking into this. While this is actually a very common thing for larger studios with more members voting for each other to have multiple videos make it into the semifinals, due to the number of complaints we've received we'll be having a little investigation.

We're doing this in an innocent until proven guilty way, so please calm yo' selves people. If there is any problem we will be taking care of it.

Bill Ein
Org Profile

Post by Bill Ein » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Bill Ein
Org Profile

Post by Bill Ein » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:50 pm

bad joke, I known...

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

[key]Scarlet wrote:Here on the Org I only have this account. And in the VCA I only voted for the videos I thought could deserve the semifinals, my friends' ones included.
Not saying you are guilty or anything, but the fact that videos from your studio that apparently dominated this round seems a bit odd since there are a huge gap in the hits/views/ratings from the videos from your studio and those of the other simi-finalists. If you legitimately rounded up friends and fans to vote there should be no issue. Most every studio will vote for each other to a certain extent as the members tend to have the same taste in videos and the way they are edited.

That aside, I don't get why anyone would try to cheat anyways, it's just a contest for bragging rights amongst others in the community. The whole payoff of this contest is the fact you know that everyone else enjoyed one or more of your videos more than the others for the year. Cheating in this type of contest with no actual prize is rather idiotic as you pretty much nullify the prize itself.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:21 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote: Cheating in this type of contest with no actual prize is rather idiotic as you pretty much nullify the prize itself.
Welcome to the Internet! If the .Org has smaller voter pool this year such that a group of folks can bring to light the pitfalls of the VCAs in a new and interesting way...the fact remains that nothing's changed: the VCA's are what they are and this is just a new spin on an old tune. If some kind of misconduct has gone on to the point where it's skewed the contest, hopefully the admins' investigation will turn it up. Otherwise, welcome to the VCAs?

Oh yeah, and don't forget to order YOUR 2013 VCA t-shirt from the a-m-v.org site store, available in two styles!

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:57 am

it is kinda weird with some people having 5-6 videos in one catagory, Less one video thats in each catagory in itself but whatever
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 am

zibbazabba905 wrote:it is kinda weird with some people having 5-6 videos in one catagory, Less one video thats in each catagory in itself but whatever

Seeing people with multiple videos in the same category is actually a rather common occurrence with the VCAs. The only thing we're looking into was if there were proxy accounts used to get them there and how to handle it if this is the case.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Switching out the poorly executed sock puppets from the ones who know how to stagger account creation dates, account info, and know to refresh their proxies after every login. :sorcerer:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:...sock puppets...
Found the culprits!
:sorcerer:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “2013 AnimeMusicVideos.Org Viewer's Choice Awards”