Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48] [Deletion on 5/19]

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Submitted Videos [48/48]

Post by AimoAio » Mon May 14, 2012 6:47 pm

And the last batch of comments! Now my internet can rest in peace without me trying kill it by streaming, downloading and uploading stuff at the same time. xD

Video 40:
Spoiler :
Very nice idea you have here in conveying water as being the most important element. The text could have been integrated a little better though so it blends with the footage more.
Video 41:
Spoiler :
Okay I finally see what the hype about this is. Fantastic concept - I love how you showed every aspect of water. Water in it's many different forms, water in it's many locations, water at different times of the day and water in how we see and use it in life. Virtually everything was about water, even if it's not a literal showing of water itself. The editing is very smooth, perfect cuts and transitions. The only thing I wasn't that fond of was the light zoom out repetition in one of the sections because it felt a little awkward and odd.
Video 42:
Spoiler :
Interesting....I would have liked more beatsync, but as it stands just now...not bad.
Video 43:
Spoiler :
Very nice editing and pretty...interesting concept. Nice description. ;D
Video 44:
Spoiler :
I think this had potential to be really good if you had more time to work on it. ;__; For now it does convey the theme..but doesn't exactly have much to it. More like, it feels like the intro of something but the main and the end is missing.
Video 45:
Spoiler :
Woah...nice crossover! Not something I would have imagined someone editing but it's not something that doesn't fit either...in fact, it's quite a good crossover. Not just theme and colour wise, but because the scenes themselves fit very well together even though they're complete opposites. The contrast is a good idea. :up: Oh and neat transitions. Also I think I know who edited this. :P
Video 46:
Spoiler :
Hmmm.....I see a lot of blocks. Blockland? Yes, this is blockland. Well the video once again, does the job and shows the theme. However it doesn't really have much other than that. Also my eyes. ;__;
Video 47:
Spoiler :
This made me laugh. A lot. Great idea and portrayed very well. xD
Video 48:
Spoiler :
The ending of this left me a little sad. ;__; Not like I understood what they were saying...still it felt kinda sad.
I don't have rankings and I think I've already listed what my favourites are but these ones stood out to me most concept-wise in this round:
5,7,17,31,37,41,45 and 47.
Very unique ideas of conveying the theme. Good job! ^^ :up:

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Mon May 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Excited for round 2. That is, if I make it. XD
ImageImage

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Mon May 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Kosmit wrote:Dang, totally outclassed this round >.>
I know how you feel.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon May 14, 2012 8:34 pm

40 and 41 now have real links with our hosting service. XD

By the way, for the record, all the videos will be removed a few days into Round 2 to make room for the next wave of videos.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon May 14, 2012 9:04 pm

CodeZTM wrote:40 and 41 now have real links with our hosting service. XD

By the way, for the record, all the videos will be removed a few days into Round 2 to make room for the next wave of videos.
If possible, can you replace them with their original links then? Just for archiving purposes so people can download them later. It's up to you though. :up:

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Mon May 14, 2012 10:37 pm

please tell me what you think of the video itself not the theme part of it because i made the video first then found out about the themes anyways the video is put together very well with the song matching the lips with the words i beleave i should be able to keep going i seen others say alot worng with a few other videos more then mine just because theres almost no theme in mine doesn't mean its not a good video i put alot of time into it.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 pm

sirmichaelvalentine wrote:please tell me what you think of the video itself not the theme part of it because i made the video first then found out about the themes anyways the video is put together very well with the song matching the lips with the words i beleave i should be able to keep going i seen others say alot worng with a few other videos more then mine just because theres almost no theme in mine doesn't mean its not a good video i put alot of time into it.

You do know the entire point of this contest is to make a video based on the theme of each round, right?

Drageer
Org Profile

Post by Drageer » Mon May 14, 2012 10:47 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
sirmichaelvalentine wrote:please tell me what you think of the video itself not the theme part of it because i made the video first then found out about the themes anyways the video is put together very well with the song matching the lips with the words i beleave i should be able to keep going i seen others say alot worng with a few other videos more then mine just because theres almost no theme in mine doesn't mean its not a good video i put alot of time into it.

You do know the entire point of this contest is to make a video based on the theme of each round, right?
^ What she said. :up:

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Mon May 14, 2012 10:54 pm

well if the judges let me move on next round will have more of a theme to it i guess i picked the wrong show mybad

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon May 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Once the judging is over, you are more than welcome to post the video in the announcements thread and recieve feedback there. For the purposes of this contest, however, judges are only commenting on why they gave what score. It's not meant to be a review of your video, and I'm not asking them to.

You can, however, go read the comments left by siny and AimoAio or whoever else decides to review the videos. They reviewed every video and are very capable editors worthy of being listened to.

With regards to if you should be permitted to continue in the contest? This is out of my hands. Judges only review the videos and how they were edited and put together within the scope of the theme provided and how creative/effectively it was presented with the theme. The lowest 5 scoring videos will be eliminated. This is just how the contest works.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”