Round 1 - Nature's Wrath - Complete

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Nature's Wrath

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue May 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Am I doing it right?

But seriously, it seems that everyone is missing the "inspired by the elements" part and just going with "MUST SHOW ELEMENTS."

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Am I doing it right?

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i47.tinypic.com/mtrtsn.png

But seriously, it seems that everyone is missing the "inspired by the elements" part and just going with "MUST SHOW ELEMENTS."
:awesome: naaahhhhh, Pikachu is an element! (in all seriousness tho, I'm not even using pikachu or working with pokemon or lightning... I'm just sticking with earth/mother nature)

Drageer
Org Profile

Post by Drageer » Tue May 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Yeah, so far it looks like all the videos just show the elements, but not really a video inspired by them...

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Done~! Ready to watch the rest of the vids flow in~ =w=
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

PantherMarie1988
Org Profile

Post by PantherMarie1988 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:10 am

Drageer wrote:

Yeah, so far it looks like all the videos just show the elements, but not really a video inspired by them...
Is it not legitimate to say the element of fire "inspired" you to make a video showing fire? ... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
... though I guess I can see the point but then it is also written "it should be clear to the judges which element(s) you chose" and I think you kinda have to show it in order for said element to be clear xD ... but I guess a video with a bunch of people crying could be said to be inspired by water or something ...
Hi There!
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward

Sh0uko
Org Profile

Post by Sh0uko » Wed May 09, 2012 1:23 am

Oh Yeah Water & Fire and I gots the perfect anime :P lets hope this pizza makes it to round 2 :pizza:
=A=

steve2710
Org Profile

Post by steve2710 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:24 am

Just wanted to make sure, can I used snow as the element? Its an form of water, so im guessing its okay 0_0

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Wed May 09, 2012 4:01 am

4) Altered forms of the elements (such as ice for water) is fine for use.
It's on the first post :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

xChromez
Org Profile

Post by xChromez » Wed May 09, 2012 4:09 am

damnnn....Ive been going to the project Org editor site....for the latest info but nothing was being updated X

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed May 09, 2012 6:31 am

Mkid wrote:will it be a compilation of pts like last year. or will we start out fresh each round?
Bonus point will accumulate. Each round starts fresh.

Hehehe. That picture. :rofl:

Actually, I personally think Video 01 did a lightly veiled attempt at more than just showing off "fire". It was also about struggle, fighting, war, whatnot. Although it could have gone deeper with it. Video 02/03 were much more literally about the elements, but I still think they had at least a minor amount of depth to them.

By the way, for the record, I'm not a judge, so my words don't affect the judging process.
PantherMarie1988 wrote:
Drageer wrote:

Is it not legitimate to say the element of fire "inspired" you to make a video showing fire? ... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
... though I guess I can see the point but then it is also written "it should be clear to the judges which element(s) you chose" and I think you kinda have to show it in order for said element to be clear xD ... but I guess a video with a bunch of people crying could be said to be inspired by water or something ...
I think what she means is that it's generally better to have more than just a superficial layer to the AMV. Showing off fire for 3 minutes with a song about fire is very easy. Having a concept behind WHY we're seeing the fire is better.
xChromez wrote:damnnn....Ive been going to the project Org editor site....for the latest info but nothing was being updated X
I am so sorry. That website was mostly for promotional purposes (for rules/etc) and to post videos (back when I was going to use YouTube instead of Mediafire). I've updated that with a re-directed link so no-one gets lost anymore. :sweat:

I did send everyone an e-mail informing them that the contest had started though.

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”