Project OrgEditor Season 2 Rules

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Project OrgEditor Season 2 Rules

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Violation of these rules will result in an immediate disqualification.

Violation of certain rules can be corrected if corrected before the deadline. Violations not corrected before the deadline will be a means of disqualification. (Rules under this correctable standard are #5, #6, #7, and #8).

#1: Must have an active A-M-V.org account to register. If you do not have one, please register for one.

#2: Due to anonymous judging. Revealing your username or nickname in your AMV (or by publicly broadcasting your video) is forbidden. You may only reveal your AMV to the public when instructed to do so (upon the completion of judging for each round).

#3: AMVs may not have watermarks, subtitles (that are not an artistic addition to the AMV), studio logos, or anything that can identify it as your work.

#4: Be respectful of other contestants. Flaming, poor conduct, and rude behavior will not be tolerated.

#5: AMVs submitted to the contest must be submitted in a MP4 or AVI format that can be played via VLC Media Player or Media Player Classic. WMV and MOV formats are not permitted. If submitted as such, it will be re-encoded.

#6: Unless otherwise instructed, all AMVs must be smaller than 150 MB.

#7: AMVs must consist of at least 51% anime (as defined by A-M-V.org). The other 49% may include any other footage you deem fit.

#8: AMVs must meet A-M-V.org quality standards of upload. Meaning that sexual nudity, sexual acts, excessive gore and adult material will not be permitted. If you have a content question, please contact CodeZTM or Nya-Chan Production for verification.

#9: AMVs submitted to this contest must be exclusively made for this contest. Prior work or works in process are not permitted.

#10: If you have read these rules, then you can know now that the password is “BUHUHUHU”.

#11: By entering this contest, you give permission for the contest coordination to compile your AMV into a round compilation for viewing purposes. Your AMV will also be published (anonymously) upon completion for viewers to watch and enjoy.

#12: AMVs must be submitted by 11:59 PM CST on the day of the deadline. Please contact coordination before the deadline for time zone confirmations.

Addendums

1. There is no official "time limit" as to how long you edit your videos. But it is in your best interest to edit between 30 seconds and 5 minutes.

2. Manga do count as "anime" sources for AMVs as long as they are used in a way that they aren't just a simply a slideshow. Of course, only japanese manga are fine.

3. M@D is permittable, so long as the artwork is from a Japanese source and is made in such a way so that it is not a simple slideshow/art gallery.
Last edited by CodeZTM on Sun May 13, 2012 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor Season 2 Rules

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 pm

A recent inquiry asked about time limits with videos.

As per the rules, there is no "official" protocol as to how long/short your AMV should be. However, as I have posted in the Tips/Tricks forums, it is within your best interest to make videos at least 30 seconds long and no longer than 5 minutes. While length is not a judging factor, this is just a general guideline to keep in mind).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Important Announcement:

Due to the high volume of entries in the first two days of registration, we are setting a cap of 64 users to be registered for the contest. Meaning that once all 64 spots are taken, we will be closing registration.

That means that as of now (April 24, 5:53 PM CST), we have 25 spots remaining.

Please check the registration thread for the most up-to-date standing.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 am

A recent inquiry was made, and I wanted to share this update.

Are Manga Music Videos allowed? I will follow the guideline that a-m-v.org uses for this.
Manga do count as "anime" sources for AMVs as long as they are used in a way that they aren't just a simply a slideshow. Of course, only japanese manga are fine.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:31 pm

And m@d ? :awesome:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:And m@d ? :awesome:
The same standard will apply. So long as the artwork is from a Japanese source and is utilized in such a way that isn't a mere slideshow/picture gallery, it's permitted.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Ok thanks !

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Mon May 07, 2012 5:30 am

This may sound silly but just to be sure... can we use more than one song? No I don't plan doing a 15 mins video ahah, but more like.. if a mix of songs is allowed or not
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon May 07, 2012 6:57 am

siny wrote:This may sound silly but just to be sure... can we use more than one song? No I don't plan doing a 15 mins video ahah, but more like.. if a mix of songs is allowed or not
Yes, of course. :)

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Mon May 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks! That's good to know :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”