Post by MimS » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:11 pm

Btw, basically, pointing video's issues = pointing editor's weaknesses :roll:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Project Editor Exit Survey

Post by Ileia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:15 pm

This is a bad video != You are a bad editor
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:15 pm

The "drama" from The Quickening was 1) a person who has never edited/joined a contest before taking idle criticism on their video way too far and 2) someone that didn't think he should be eliminated flipping his shit. Unless you believe the long time Org members that have been selected as judges to be such d-bags that they'd attack an editor as opposed to simply critique their video?

No one could have predicted either thing happening. Every other participant has deeply appreciated the judges comments and thanked them for their advice on how to do better next time.

As Ileia said, just because you have a bad run and make a crappy video, that doesn't mean you're a bad editor. Everyone has their own flop.

Now stop being jerks and derailing this thread. This is about POE. If you've got problems concerning The Quickening, bring them to me.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:52 am

I actually wrote up a very detailed post replying when it happened, but deleted it as it outed me as a judge in PoE (or would have made strong insinuations that I was - hell, conversations I had with participants over it at the time made them suspicious as it is). The flaming wasn't blatant or severe at all, but several comments were made that strictly did not pass judgment on the videos themselves, but rather the creator, his/her process, etc. I obviously don't have the text at hand. I never saved it - didn't think there'd be an event that required the wayback machine to recreate it later on.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”