Finals - Results

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Centurione
Org Profile

Re: Finals - Results

Post by Centurione » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:36 am

Congrats all of you |:>

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
ProjectBarcodeError wrote:i like how riccardo's critic seems the same than ileia's done, but better in some ways.

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://swiftor.com/attachments/f7/10452 ... c2ee0e.jpg

Probably because I make the images out of order and a lot of criticism is very similar so I have to word it differently.

Unless you wanted 6/8 videos that just say "solid sync" and nothing more. :P
Well, like I said in another thread, all the videos this round actually had very similar strengths and weaknesses. They all did a really good job with timing and sync (though I personally thought Ileia and Riccardo's were best in this aspect), with overall atmosphere and action (here I thought Ileia and Mally did best), lyric sync and story layout (here I thought Lopez and Mally did best though). They also shared the same weaknesses, including somewhat weak endings and some amount of random/repetitive action. I think for me as for a lot of judges, the call came down to deciding who did the most things decisively better than other videos, because objectively speaking, everybody did a really good job this round. It's not like you can point to one of the videos this round and say "you screwed up, you're out!".

I'm sure, by the way, that the final standings were really close. The results of this round aren't the same as my votes. I'm sure different judges thought differently.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:09 am

Oh i understand.

Just the change of adjectives made it funny to look at.

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:00 am

I wake up after a 12 hour shift followed by burger king; go downstairs, turn on the wireless, eyes are cloudy, and I don't know if this reality.
Does this mean.. I got to the finals..

Lettme give myself some time to let this sink in..

Still haven't sunk in yet.
Everyone done such a great job nevertheless. Can't believe I got this far.

On Tuesday. I will be in Hyde Park with a Megaphone hopefully (Working for the Olympics) I SHALL PROMOTE THE ORG.

BLAAAGGHHH
*checks out song*

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:46 am

Yeah Mally, you're in finals
I never heard about you before and it's probably the case for many people but I heard judges were biased, it makes me laugh :P

BTW congratulations both Ileia and Mally :)
You kept being motivated from beginning to end, it's quite awesome 'cause to edit vids using songs you don't necesarily like for such a long time, you have to be brave :rofl:

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:09 am

Congrats!

These were pretty nice vids!
I think Lopez and riccardocasu did a very good job!

To be honest I didn't like Mally's vid this time, and I think you can do better, man! :P I didn't like that you used slow scenes at the beginning of the video, while the song was fast, of course as for storyline it might be better, but still :P

And I didn't like the anime choice in Ileia's video, though it fit perfectly, but I'm kind of sick of those scenes, but good thing I saw some scenes that haven't been used as much before. But anyway the editing was f*ckin awesome.

I don't understand that negative point on riccardocasu's video "pretty without a purpose", what does that supposed to mean?

Well anyway, you all did a good job, so congrats!

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:41 am

MimS wrote:Yeah Mally, you're in finals
I never heard about you before and it's probably the case for many people but I heard judges were biased, it makes me laugh :P

BTW congratulations both Ileia and Mally :)
You kept being motivated from beginning to end, it's quite awesome 'cause to edit vids using songs you don't necesarily like for such a long time, you have to be brave :rofl:
Many people have never heard of me before, but it's a small world, so now you do. : )
Biased judges.. I would never think of such a thing.

No idea how I got this far, but the last round mannn.. will be the difference between some new 3DS games and stuffs off AMAZON UK or 2nd place ;3

GO GO GO!
And tbh, the songs have been very fair. EXCEPT UMBRELLA FOR FIRST ROUND.

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:44 am

MystykAMV wrote:Congrats!

These were pretty nice vids!
I think Lopez and riccardocasu did a very good job!

To be honest I didn't like Mally's vid this time, and I think you can do better, man! :P I didn't like that you used slow scenes at the beginning of the video, while the song was fast, of course as for storyline it might be better, but still :P

And I didn't like the anime choice in Ileia's video, though it fit perfectly, but I'm kind of sick of those scenes, but good thing I saw some scenes that haven't been used as much before. But anyway the editing was f*ckin awesome.

I don't understand that negative point on riccardocasu's video "pretty without a purpose", what does that supposed to mean?

Well anyway, you all did a good job, so congrats!
That's fine, Heni.
I, myself, did not really like my video.. Soo much, that I was ashamed to provide a download link for the public.
However, I will get on making a download link soon for all.

All the videos were good.
Fingers crossed for the next round.

Return to “The Quickening 2012”